Foliar feeding???

• Thread starter 1st.artuning
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

1st.artuning

Does anyone foliar feed with bottled nutes like Dutch Master or Advanced products? If so, please explain! I would like to try this to my girls.....:help:

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

since you name dropped dm and an i assume your talking about liquid light, magic green, saturator, and/or wet betty
a million diff things to foilor feed and a different approch is required for many
my advice dish soap + azamax for one feeding
dish soap + magic green for the next
ill swap out the azamax for purple maxx if i feel ive kept the bugs at bay
otherwise i worry about burning

1st.artuning

since you name dropped dm and an i assume your talking about liquid light, magic green, saturator, and/or wet betty
a million diff things to foilor feed and a different approch is required for many
my advice dish soap + azamax for one feeding
dish soap + magic green for the next
ill swap out the azamax for purple maxx if i feel ive kept the bugs at bay
otherwise i worry about burning

Thanks bro...

1st.artuning

Great info!!

Found this on me quest for foliage feeding info By Ed Rosenthal:

Can nutrients be absorbed by my plants' leaves?

Can I foliar feed plants using hydroponic nutrient solution?

Yes. Plants absorb water and nutrients through openings on the leaves called stomata. These pore-like openings also permit CO2 to enter and release oxygen.

Foliar feeding is a very efficient way of providing plants with nutrients because it goes directly to the plant canopy and doesn't have to take the long trip from medium to roots and up the stem.

Make sure the solution you are using is not too concentrated by spraying a few healthy leaves to see if there is any damage. If the leaves curl or look unhealthy in any way two days after spraying, dilute the mix by 50% and try again. Always foliar feed early in the light cycle so the plant parts have a chance to dry off.

Foliar feeding too often can cause over-fertilization. Weekly sprays are generally the maximum. After foliar feeding the first day, spray the plants with pH adjusted water daily for a few days. This provides the plant an opportunity to absorb any fertilizer residue.

When plants are regularly foliar fed, they use less nutrient absorbed by the roots, so the concentration of the nutrient solution can be lowered a bit.

Foliar feeding can also be used to correct deficiencies quickly. For instance, spraying a solution of a teaspoon of magnesium sulfate in a quart of water until it drips off the plant can treat a plant that is suffering from a magnesium deficiency. This provides the plant with magnesium very quickly. Magnesium sulfate should be added to the medium or hydroponic solution as well, so new growth has access to the mineral.

Foliar feeding is especially useful in delivering nutrients that don't translocate, that is, move from one part of the plant to another. Phosphorous and iron are two examples of this.

Stop foliar feeding buds at least three weeks before harvest so no fertilizer residue remains when the bud is picked.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have saved quite a few plants by FFing, including my current grow. I use DM LL/S once every 3 days, as per their directions

U

UCtestn

DM liquid light / saturato, nitrozime and sometimes superthrive once a week. Once every couple weeks I'll add in an organic miticide.

G

gudkarma

i use : fulvic acid , liquid karma , bloom or grow nutes, micro, cal-mag, plain water, and dyna gro foliar pro.

5 to 15ml per quart depending.

foliar is the fastest way to correct a defficiency.

it's an excellent way to give a sterilze rez op like mine an "organic touch" without getting my rezzies nasty.

it works.

& works good.

keep reading & school yourself.

then try it in the garden.

i read about a member here (jalasco kid) that tissue sampled his plants and found the internal tissue ph to be about 6.4 (ish).

intresting right?

ph that foliar to what now?

go light ...never heavy with a foliar.

use a drop of dish soap per quart to act as a surfactant.

if i foilar nutes or something one day, the next i do a plain phd water foilar to keep the leaves clean.

1st.artuning

use a drop of dish soap per quart to act as a surfactant.

if i foilar nutes or something one day, the next i do a plain phd water foilar to keep the leaves clean.

Great info will keep this in mind....

1st.artuning

I have saved quite a few plants by FFing, including my current grow. I use DM LL/S once every 3 days, as per their directions
Did you have any issues with nute burn or any type of leaf tip burn?

J

JonDoe

Thers a product that is made by xtreme gardening called calcarb.It's mined from calicium carbonate & when foliar sprayed it breaks down to calicum oxide &carbon dioxide. which is pulled through stomata

1st.artuning

Thers a product that is made by xtreme gardening called calcarb.It's mined from calicium carbonate & when foliar sprayed it breaks down to calicum oxide &carbon dioxide. which is pulled through stomata

Have you used this stuff? I actually have some in my stash of free stuff that I received when I when to the grow show in LA...

S

sfzoo

would pH water for foliar feeds be the same as solution for the medium?

J

Jalisco Kid

I use K silicate to help immune sys and raise pH at leaf surface to help with PM. I use Cal 25 every 10 days to week 4,kelp in veg every three days,mixed with 400 ppm of my nutrients. If you are lucky enough to be in an area that sells Haifa they make a floral polyfeed that works well and dirt cheap.I can't put much weight into Jorge or Ed but this contains a little info. JK

I never would recommend a poison maint. program but rather clean you act up. I have less the 5% of my grows infected with anything, for some reason some farmers act as it is a norm.

View attachment Foliar nutrition using inorganic salts, laws of cuticular penetration.pdf
Top Bottom