Foliar Feeding?

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

Hey everyone I got a few questions thanks for the help. If I foliar feed ever 4 days is this bad? I want to foliar with 3 different mixes so every four days I use a different one. Do I need to spray with water in between foliar feedings and if so can I foliar with water when lights are on?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Depends on your plant health.

I personally have a very agressive schedual myself. I spray once a week for prevenative bugs, and once a week for nutrition.

I usually alternate preventive sprays, Spinosad one week, Caterpillar killer the next, neem the next. The Cat killer doesn't need to be applied until the last full moon before August, then apply up to the week of harvest is safe. I also release lady bugs, lacewings and praying mantis for natural control.

For foliar nutrition, this really depends on your plants, and how healthy they are. Do you have soil tests? Sap analysis? ACT foliars will help with PM. I really like foliar sprays of sea shield (fish) and rejuvenate (molasses and other microbes) from American Eco Agriculture. If my soil was perfect, and my plants look healthy, I might skip nutritional foliar sprays all together. Hope this helps.

MGRox

MGRox

I believe that the time in between foliars (for nutrition) is moslty related to the plants ability to mobilize and equalize the "sprayed on" elements internally. So, the toxic responses from foliars, if not from pH of spray, is more related to buildup of elements in particular tissues or an inability to mobilize these out fast enough; if at all. Just something to keep in mind if you spray multiple foliars with overlapping elements.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I love foliar spraying, I add nutrient to seltzer water (which is co2) carbonated water...they love it, just make sure its just plain carbed water, no sodium... even a few weeks into flower...

Top Bottom