Foliar Pack Dilution?

• Thread starter ballplayer 2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

ballplayer 2

Hi Cap, thank you for helping everyone out with these bennies. Received my trifecta pack on Monday. I have a quick question about the dilution rate for the Foliar Pack.

When using the Foliar Pack straight away (non-tea) the instructions say to use 1-2 tsp/l. When making the tea (to be clear, I plan on brewing the tea) the recipe calls for 1Tbsp/gal of the Root and Foliar packs. However, when using the tea we are instructed to further dilute the tea (finished product) to 1-2 cups tea per 5-10 gallons RO water. That's fine, in fact that is GREAT; but I am worried about it being too dilute considering the huge difference between 1-2 tsp/l (non tea), and 1 cup finished tea per 5 gallons of water.

I plan on using the tea per your recommendations, and from all the positive feedback you have received I'm pretty excited. When brewing a tea, do the organisms in the Foliar Pack multiply the same way the organisms in the Root Pack do? Simply wondering why such a great difference between concentrations between tea and non-tea. I am battling root aphids, or some type of soil mite that seems to be damaging my garden and want to rule with an iron fist. Also, is it best to add the foliar pack at the beginning of the tea brew, or for the last hour or two?

Thank you for your time and advice,

BP2

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
When they are brewing , they multiply exponentially. After 24 hours, you will have a shitload of bennies.1 tablespoon a gallon is probably overkill but thats what I use. I dilute 2 cups tea to 10 gallons. A 100 gallon res gets 20 cups.

If you apply foliar as a spray, use very little. 1/4 cup per 10 gallons should be good.

Add both packs right after you add water.

F

FTWx561

What are the downsides to foliar spraying with the tea at full strength? I have been spraying full strength and haven't seen any problems yet. I just started using your packs though, previously I was using great white and ancient forest. Are the higher concentrations of your packs the reason you dilute or is it to stretch the product further.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I just dont want to fuck up anyones veggies via bad advice. Glad to hear full strength is working for you. What have you been battling?

F

FTWx561

I haven't been battling anything, just using it as a preventative. A few weeks back I did have one plant that had what can only be described as crystalline dust around the bucket a day after spraying. It has not happened again since. It is hard to tell as it is microscopic but in doing research I am curious if it might be affid carcasses. If it is then your tea beat them down and I didn't even know they were there. It could be something else however, in any event I haven't seen and adverse affects.

I usually just feed full strength as I have just enough over to foliar spray. In the interest of knowing the limits of your bennies I will continue to spray full strength and let you know how it goes.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
To be honest I don't think you can over due it. Good to hear the plants are doing well. That has photosynthetic bacteria as well.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

For small gardens what you you suggest?

Also... is it best to do this right before lights off, middle of lights on or just after lights come on?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I suggest a half hour before lights on or a half hour after.. Or turn lights off and a flourescent on. wait for it to dry, and then lights on. Plants can burn under intense light with droplets sitting on leaves..

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

When they are brewing , they multiply exponentially. After 24 hours, you will have a shitload of bennies.1 tablespoon a gallon is probably overkill but thats what I use. I dilute 2 cups tea to 10 gallons. A 100 gallon res gets 20 cups.

If you apply foliar as a spray, use very little. 1/4 cup per 10 gallons should be good.

Add both packs right after you add water.

Hey cap... how long will the tea stay good in your 100 gallon rez?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Oh shit I thought u were saposed 2 foliar with full straight tea.. I've been doing it & the plants r loving it.. I have no bugs I juss do it so I don't get any bugs.. I'll add some water next foliar..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Oh shit I thought u were saposed 2 foliar with full straight tea.. I've been doing it & the plants r loving it.. I have no bugs I juss do it so I don't get any bugs.. I'll add some water next foliar..

goo, straight tea is perfect. You are doing it right.

When I wrote that I was afraid of people burning.. but since then I have switched to full strength tea spray with no ill effect (quite the opposite actually!)

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

goo, straight tea is perfect. You are doing it right.

When I wrote that I was afraid of people burning.. but since then I have switched to full strength tea spray with no ill effect (quite the opposite actually!)
Rite on my plants love full stength.. So far I'm gunna have 1 of my best lookin harvests since using ur packs.. Thanks doggie.. I'll b ordering more real soon

Top Bottom