Foliar Pack Tea Questions

• Thread starter OGkushistein
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGkushistein

OGkushistein

I just ordered this product and i was wondering if it must be brewed to work correctly ?

urbanfog

urbanfog

I use it in teas, blended in my soil and as a foliar spray.

urbanfog

urbanfog

when I do a tea, some 24-48hr aeration and some ewc and some molasses, and maybe some alfalfa for veg yeah.

Basically I have just worked it into "my" regimen. If I foliar for "pick me ups" I add it, When I mix up my soil for potting I add a bit, or again ad to some basic teas, or soil drench . Just watch for talc residual when foliar feeding, but that can be rinsed off. I see good results and so far my main reason for using it was to play offence on bug control and pest beatings....and THAT is has done great :D

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

thank you urban i really appreciate the help now all i have to do is dig through my garage tomorrow and look for the old hydro gear

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You do not have to brew any of the packs to have success with them. Just mix with non chlorinated water (or dechlorinated... leave tap water out a day). Mix well and let it settle out so most of the talc falls to the bottom. Pour the liquid off the top in to your substrate or sprayer. If spraying use an organic surfactant like yucca extract. The best surfactant around IMHO is therm X 70.

http://www.arbico-organics.com/prod...nt-spreader-sticker/organic-soil-conditioners

It is expensive but will last forever.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Just got some thermx the last batch and I gotta say wayyyy better when foliar

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Hey Cap, do you know if you can apply the foliar pack with a swamp cooler/evaporative cooler? I have a portable swamp cooler I could put it in my grow turn it on and the humidity would quickly go up to 100% I could basically make it rain in my room, would the bennies survive there airborne journey? Would bennies stay alive on the walls and floor in my room? Seems like a clean way to apply bennies in late flower if it would work.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I was going to send @Capulator a PM but I thought it would be better to ask in open forum to share. Hey cap, after I mix up the three packs in a 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons of water how long do I let it sit, for the talc to settle and pour off the good bennies. I am afraid I am letting it sit for too long and letting good bennies settle to the bottom with the talc and throwing them out. Thanks, RB

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was going to send @Capulator a PM but I thought it would be better to ask in open forum to share. Hey cap, after I mix up the three packs in a 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons of water how long do I let it sit, for the talc to settle and pour off the good bennies. I am afraid I am letting it sit for too long and letting good bennies settle to the bottom with the talc and throwing them out. Thanks, RB

I let mine settle about 3 minutes or so. There is always sludge at the bottom. IU am sure there are bennies in that sludge, but most of them will be motile in the solution (swimming around) and the rest are so light they will not settle easily or quickly. Just make sure you mix the shit out of it to break it all up before letting it settle.

Hey Cap, do you know if you can apply the foliar pack with a swamp cooler/evaporative cooler? I have a portable swamp cooler I could put it in my grow turn it on and the humidity would quickly go up to 100% I could basically make it rain in my room, would the bennies survive there airborne journey? Would bennies stay alive on the walls and floor in my room? Seems like a clean way to apply bennies in late flower if it would work.

I have ran the bennies through an atomizer and scoped the solution after. Lots of life. I imagine this would work but to know for sure you would have to scope the solution coming out of the swamp cooler. I would be interested to see that.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I let mine settle about 3 minutes or so. There is always sludge at the bottom. IU am sure there are bennies in that sludge, but most of them will be motile in the solution (swimming around) and the rest are so light they will not settle easily or quickly. Just make sure you mix the shit out of it to break it all up before letting it settle.

Thanks Cap! I have been letting mine settle for 30 minutes . Looks like I Have been wasting some.. Well, that's why I asked.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Rootbound 30 minutes is a long time. Don't go more than 5 or so. You will be fine.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
@Rootbound 30 minutes is a long time. Don't go more than 5 or so. You will be fine.
@Capulator Thanks for the heads up. Hope a lot of other peeps see this. I bet my results change a bit now. Just started running Nectar for the gods and I am liking it. Cant wait to see how things preform now. Cheers, RB

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

@Capulator
Think I have Broad Mites so I finally grabbed up some FP (been wanting to anyway)
My question is, and I tried searching here and google, can I spray during the day if it's overcast?
Also will it work in combo with DE??

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Still unsure about the broad mites but I do have +ID on some dead twospotted mites
Looks like Cap has his hands full, hope all is as well as can be.
Anyone else able to chime in?

Latest posts

Top Bottom