Foliar Spray

• Thread starter Scorpius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you foliar feed after bud formation in flower?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
S

Scorpius

I came up with my own foliar spray as a way to start experimenting with the process. I will attempt to document any useful conclusions I draw from using this concoction.
All questions, comments and concerns are greatly appreciated.
I generally just used what I already had on hand:

-1l Filtered Water (Brita)
-GH pH Up, 0.5ml; GH pH Dn, 0.5ml
-0.375ml Super Thrive
-1ml SCD Bio-Ag
-5ml Fox Farm Big Bloom
-2.5ml Humax (12% Humic acid solution)
This gives a pH of right around 6 per UI paper.
You may notice this isn't completely organic but it is good enough for me.

I currently have 3 plants ((GSCxCP)x (Alien OG x Unk)) at around 6 week veg and 3 ((Agent Orange x UNK) x Odyssey) that are at around 4 weeks that I sprayed today. I just started some J27 x Odyssey seeds and will begin spraying them as soon as they show the first couple leaf sets.
I plan to spray every other day, with a spray of water on the off days to prevent clogging of stomatae. Hopefully, this will help reduce my watering frequency also because I have to water a lot at 30% RH.
I plan to continue this regimen through week 2 of flowering.
The SCD-Bio Ag says to use mixture immediately, as does the Super Thrive. However, keeping it in the fridge, I'm sure it will be fine for the week-10 days each bottle will last.

Again, any comments, questions or concerns are much appreciated. Specifically I am wanting any advice on additional ingredients I might include.

S

Scorpius

It suddenly occurs to me I should not spray one of the plants. Since the GSCxCPx is feminized, I will pick one and not spray it again!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Or, only spray one or two and leave the rest alone. Better to lose a little on an experiment than your whole run. Look forward to your results. I do recommend looking up the supposed benefits of superthrive. A lot of info floating around, they quit selling it in most places around where I live due to some of the information that has come out about it.

One Love,
tobh

S

Scorpius

Or, only spray one or two and leave the rest alone. Better to lose a little on an experiment than your whole run. Look forward to your results. I do recommend looking up the supposed benefits of superthrive. A lot of info floating around, they quit selling it in most places around where I live due to some of the information that has come out about it.

One Love,
tobh
I got seeds out the wazoo because I breed occasionally and I am starting them on a weekly basis. I also could never grow all my MMJ need (qp per month) anyway so IDGAF if they die but an important tip for most.
I was just thinking of having one I don't spray for a comparison.
I sprayed them several hours ago so if they were going to die, they would probably already be showing signs. Everything I put in, I followed Mfg instructions for foliar spraying - Superthrive, Humax, Big bloom, Bio-Ag

tobh

tobh

Supporter
True that, if you don't mind then all steam ahead. I agree though, keep a control that isn't sprayed so you can see the difference for sure. memory gets foggy, especially in this line of work lol

S

Scorpius

True that, if you don't mind then all steam ahead. I agree though, keep a control that isn't sprayed so you can see the difference for sure. memory gets foggy, especially in this line of work lol
LOL. I have been doing this from memory for years. I think it it time to start taking notes. It's not like the Feds are going to come breaking down my door at this point.

S

Scorpius

Well, folks, I hate to pull the plug so soon but foliar spray experiments will have to wait. I had a couple of problems pop up. First, I apparently made a mistake in sexing and managed to breed two different hermie strains recently when I sprayed what I thought was a female plant with GA3. Looks like the final toll will be 9 plants, in various stages of late veg/ early flower plus an entire seed run down the drain. Fudge! :(
Also, I went cheap on some coir and didn't think to rinse it and now I have sodium chloride nute lock on the three regular plants in veg. I have 8 good regular seeds starting and I'm going back to canna coco coir!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It happens, I forgot to flush my coco before I started my current run. If you don't want to throw em out, flush them with 500 ppm solution until run off matches input. They'll recover within a week or so.

S

Scorpius

It happens, I forgot to flush my coco before I started my current run. If you don't want to throw em out, flush them with 500 ppm solution until run off matches input. They'll recover within a week or so.
Not even worth the effort for 3 one month old plants that I already let get severely dehydrated, especially since I use Ariana pots for initial veg and I don't want to go drilling holes in them!
As a note, this was just a one part coir to three parts organic soil mix. It was just that salty - Kempf, for the record. I have used other brands besides Canna Coco that didn't have this problem...

tobh

tobh

Supporter
If you're looking for a cheap alternative to expensive coir, go to the local pet shop and by some coir reptile bedding. You still have to flush it and precharge it, but it has a decent texture and you can flush the salts out fairly easily. It'll start at around 2.0 EC but after a few rinses you can get it down to .1 EC easily. Sucks that happened though man. Been there too, it's a shitty feeling.

Top Bottom