Foliar Spraying Insecticide + Nutes?

• Thread starter supasticky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

supasticky

I was wondering whether it's common practice to, or not to, spray with insecticides(neem oil) and nutes like Organicare's SeaPlex and CalPlex or Dutchamster's saturator and liquid light? Thanks for the help farmers :bong2:

-Supa

L

l0g1c4l

Hey Supa i often wondered that as well. I'll be happy to hear a scientific answer! IMO I have avoided it because I believe the insecticides will spoil the nutrients.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

My buddy would always mix up his neem oil with Dutch masters penetrator and there floro spray.I chose not to do this being that neem is oil based, I think it kind off interferes with the nutes effectiveness.

Blaze

Blaze

Many, if not most insecticides can be applied in conjunction with fertilizers. To make sure though it is always best to check with the manufacturer. I have used stylet oil, oxidate, and several other pest control sprays, in conjunction with Botanicare's products as a foliar for years with success.

L

l0g1c4l

I agree with you on the neem oil for sure, i would think the oil wouldnt mix with any nute, and would than cover the leaf and not the nutes penetrate it.

Its the insecticides that i'm really curious about. I would figure they would destroy the nutes...but I'm no nutrient scientist!

S

supasticky

That's what I've been thinking, but I honestly had no reason for thinking that so I figured I'd post the question and see what you all think. Thanks for the replies homies.

-Supa

S

supasticky

My buddy would always mix up his neem oil with Dutch masters penetrator and there floro spray.I chose not to do this being that neem is oil based, I think it kind off interferes with the nutes effectiveness.

I agree with you on the neem oil for sure, i would think the oil wouldnt mix with any nute, and would than cover the leaf and not the nutes penetrate it.

Its the insecticides that i'm really curious about. I would figure they would destroy the nutes...but I'm no nutrient scientist!

Neem oil lasts for about a month so I feel like if the oil theory were correct you wouldn't be able to use nutrients in your foliar spray ever, right? Unless you only sprayed with the Neem oil once. I'm trying to do more of a routine(every 3 days) application.

Many, if not most insecticides can be applied in conjunction with fertilizers. To make sure though it is always best to check with the manufacturer. I have used stylet oil, oxidate, and several other pest control sprays, in conjunction with Botanicare's products as a foliar for years with success.

Damn I didn't see your post bro. Have you used Neem Oil with botanicare products? Thanks for the info.

-Supa

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

pretty much use neem on a regular basis along with some azamax,It's good to give them some neem about once a week unless your fighting some bugs,them maaybe every three days.I used penetrator with neem when i had some PM and it really seemed to keep it in check better than without the penetrator,still think if you have the time though maybe neem one day than like three days later foilar feed,the penetrator allows you to spray with the lights on,but think the neem reduces it's effectiveness IMO,can cause some burn too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you read certain pesticide labels very closely, there are a few that recommend mixing with a horticultural oil (such as stylet).

For me, it depends on the "cide" and the fertilizer I wish to use, what I hope to accomplish.

Blaze

Blaze

Never tried using neem oil with Botanicare; the stylet is more effective at pest control IMO. As Sea pointed, out some pesticides and even fertilizer do benefit from being mixed with a horticulture oil. Stylet actually works quite well as a "sticky"; I know some people that use it at half strength with every foliar for this reason.

S

supasticky

I actually spoke with a rep from Dutch masters and she recommended using the saturator with Neem oil and that Saturator will improve the effectiveness of most, if not all, products used with it. Has anyone used the saturator?

-Supa

L

l0g1c4l

Everything dutch master is so expensive! I sure hope it works.

S

saltr

I actually spoke with a rep from Dutch masters and she recommended using the saturator with Neem oil and that Saturator will improve the effectiveness of most, if not all, products used with it. Has anyone used the saturator?
Damn! "Penetrator" was definitely my favorite nutrient name... guess there's still "Wet Betty."

While Dutch Master is throwing around terms like "unique dual action delivery," "proprietary Protrans Technology" and "Foliar Delivery Agent," my gut leads me to believe that "Saturator" is basically just a surfactant/wetting agent. If this is the case, I'd definitely consider something cheaper like Coco Wet (or simply detergent).

S

supasticky

Damn I didn't know about that. thanks saltr! So you would say go with Coco wet? They told me to specifically use the saturator with liquid light and I will get ridiculous results. Do you think there is any truth behind that or do you think they just want to push there products? I know it probably is better to use their products together, but they made it seem like these in conjunction were just going to improve health ten fold.

-Supa

S

saltr

They told me to specifically use the saturator with liquid light and I will get ridiculous results. Do you think there is any truth behind that or do you think they just want to push there products?
I'm sure their products are indeed engineered for optimal use with one another. Yet, if "Saturator" really is just a surfactant, I'm weary that it would get any better results than using something else. I found this 'guaranteed' analysis from Planet Natural:

Total Nitrogen (N) ..... 0.008% (Nitrate)
Soluble Potash (K2O) ..... 0.003%
Ingredients: Monopotassium Phosphate.

If this is actually correct, I am now completely confused because MKP should have nothing to do with increasing foliar effectiveness at all! Going back to the root of this question, why are you using Liquid Light?

As I had never heard of this product, I did some investigation and it seems super sketch. DM claims that: "Using a select blend of amino acids, carbohydrates and metabolites, Liquid Light accelerates your plants photosynthesis - instantly! (Get 600 watt performance from a 400 watt system.)" <-- this just sounds ridiculous.

"You only need to spray the top surface of the leaf because Saturator will deliver everything inside the leaf." <--shouldn't it be applied to the bottom of the leaf if it wants to get inside?

At this point, I'd say fuck them both! Yet, I've never used either so maybe someone else can chime in?

For your entertainment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed4GJX8nf_g

S

supasticky

Yah. I got a bunch of samples of dutch master and that was why I ws looking into it, but before that I didn't really bother with their products at all. I think I'll just stick to the SeaPlex and CalPlex lol.

-Supa

S

supasticky

I know they load you up at those things.

That boy freddie is a killer!

-Supa

Top Bottom