Follow My Grow! Help With Advice✌

• Thread starter Henny2319
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Henny2319

Possibly phosphorus def. I'm not sure what you use for feeding, or growing medium to really pinpoint.

Am growing in soil and am using VegBloom about once a week then regular water ever other day. Usually on the weekend ill mix up a tsp of the base nutrient then any watering during the week its regular water phd at 6.5. My other 3 plants are getting the same feeding and the under the same lights and same distance and well the others arent reacting this way

H

Henny2319

What brand LED panels? It really sucks that you have the lights the recommended distance ,plus some, away from the top of the plants and it's still light bleaching them.

They are Platinum Leds the P600 model. And yes very disappointing.. no lie havent even moved the light and spots as low as 28 inches are being effected and having the curling tips and starting to have that brown tint on the leaves...but then again can it just be the strain??? I mean how is it the plant in front is doing okay and not having the curling tips and browing? I mean it did cause bleaching but thats when i had them between 20 and 18 inches.. i noticed the bleaching then raised them to the hieght they are now. A day or two passes and now i have this..can it just be the strain reacting that way? I mean i have 2 fans in the room so plenty of air flow and a ac unit. with both lights on its around 73-75° so its not to hot in my room either incase anyone was wondering

H

Henny2319

Yea thats way to much space..it has to be something else other than just heat/light stress...smh i dont know what to do lol its all up in 2 nets of scrog and not to sure how to get it out and off to the side or something..cant afford raising much more and cant really afford putting her under and having this issue continue..

20170206 141731
H

Henny2319

Another thing i notcied. In the group pictures..the second picture posted why isnt the stress tip curling and browning effect the main top leaves. if you notice the leaves underneath are more brown and more effected than the top. Why is that? Is that how light/heat stress works from the bottem up? Trust me guys am trying to read but hoping someone has been through this before and knows the remedy..Thanks for all the help guys

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
When you water does the tray at the bottom of the pot fill up with water and if so do you remove it in some way or do you let the plants sit in that water?

H

Henny2319

Yea for the most part only a little runs off the bottem ibtry to water nice and slow so it dont rush through so fast but its a little that i just let the run off water sit .

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Yea for the most part only a little runs off the bottem ibtry to water nice and slow so it dont rush through so fast but its a little that i just let the run off water sit .
I'm not specifically saying that that is the issue with the plant, but since you're growing in soil AND you are feeding nutrients there, could be some build-up causing issues. In my experience, soil needs drainage and runoff when feeding with nutrients of a minimum between 5 and 10%. Also, the plants cannot sit in this water.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Checking a few charts and the brown pattern on the leaves is a standard response to a boron deficiency. Considering that I don't really know what your soil type is or what you're feeding I'm going to assume that the soil has a sufficient supply of boron. It's a very easy to supply micronutrient usually abundantly available in any soil mix and or nutrient line. But boron locks out fairly easy when soil pH hits 7.8 to 8.0

Linking the two observations together I think that the pots sitting in their own water is pushing the soil PH Up and locking out boron. Totally just a guess though. But it's something that you can research and discern for yourself.
Best of luck.
Peace

H

Henny2319

Let me start of by saying thanks! So to everyone who has tried to help me out. Might not show it but all the help and advice is appreciated

20170209 180245
So this just a update on that lock out/ defeciency issue i had and well it hasnt got better. At this point it has a real distinct patter of orange/ browning and i havent seen anything like it when trying to research. Its just getting worse in the spots it started i dont really see it spreading to the other side of the plant. Gave it a little flush but i might give it another tomorrow morning and get some run off numbers.
20170209 180220

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Let me start of by saying thanks! So to everyone who has tried to help me out. Might not show it but all the help and advice is appreciated

View attachment 667478 So this just a update on that lock out/ defeciency issue i had and well it hasnt got better. At this point it has a real distinct patter of orange/ browning and i havent seen anything like it when trying to research. Its just getting worse in the spots it started i dont really see it spreading to the other side of the plant. Gave it a little flush but i might give it another tomorrow morning and get some run off numbers. View attachment 667479

Good luck to ya, sucks when there isn't a clear path. Just kinda grasping at straws. Getting that ph runoff may shed light on the issue. Ive learned that incorrect ph causes most of the plant issues we experience. Hopefully that's all it is and they can bounce back after the flush.

H

Henny2319

Watered 2 gallons fresh water and this was the run off towards the end of the dripping

ppms: blinking at 800 and 1000 ppms. Blinks twice on 800
Ph: 6.5 i ran the water in at 6.3

Both those numbers seem to be in range and now i really cant say its the ph or ppms in the soil.

20170210 063519
20170210 063748
H

Henny2319

@GrowGod hey dude, your a well known experienced grower. Do you have any idea what this i can be? I have 4 plants and the other three couldnt be happier. Am growing in a #5 pot with FoxFarmOceanForest soil.
I been using VegBloom for my base nutrient and the bloom additive that comes with. Only have used the bloom about once. Am using some platinum LEDs p600s i had my lights about 20" above the canopy and one day i noticed my top leaves curling inwards and the tips were pointing straight up and those were signs of maybe getting burned or heat stress. So i raised my lights 30" and a couple days pass and and the problem continues.. i flushed it gave it regular water phd at 6.5 and it still continued. So flushed again to check run off and my numbers were good 800-1000ppms and 6.5 ph. Seems legit. And so it continues to eat my plant alive..i have no bugs or nats or any pest problems..reminder my other 3 plants are under the same conditions. Have you any clue of what this can be?? Dude your my last hope if not i give up on these forums lol sorry for the bug buts ur time is appreciated

H

Henny2319

When it starts its a bright orange/ copper color and it starts from the center of the leaves and all are the same none are different. It takes some time for it to reach the tips and when it does its starts to darken up as so
20170214 061022

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@Henny2319 i will check out your thread later when I get home. May have some advice that can help.
Are you using a Cal/mag or something like it?

H

Henny2319

@Henny2319 i will check out your thread later when I get home. May have some advice that can help.
Are you using a Cal/mag or something like it?

Yea sure no problem. Not to much info in the thread other than what i have stated but yes feel free to let me know what you think. And i have not i kinda stayed away from adding other supplements, advice from the VegBloom people. I didnt want anything to mess with the product and how it performed. But thats the best thing i can think of too a mag defeciency or cal but the way its eating up the leave dont really match photos related to those, but i dont know dude so i am open to any suggestions right about now. So thanks again dude

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hey man looking at the pics your past the point in flower to be able correct the issue.
I'd maybe do a quick flush and pull the infected leaves for now.
Might be a bit high on your tds testing considering your using led's. I'm not sure if they give the plant what it needs to process that much food compared to if you were using hps lighting.
On a good note the buds look frosty and healthy so push them through and work on the next round.

G

ganjagrowa

What kind of burn? Light or nute burn?
can someone help me with my issue, i may have an overwatering problem or heat stress, not exactly sure, a few serated edges are curling up but not on all of the leaves, ik about 2weeks into veg, plant has 4 sets of leaves, im using 3 t5 mini grow lights, 24w, 6400k at about 15 inches away from the plant, please help

H

Henny2319

can someone help me with my issue, i may have an overwatering problem or heat stress, not exactly sure, a few serated edges are curling up but not on all of the leaves, ik about 2weeks into veg, plant has 4 sets of leaves, im using 3 t5 mini grow lights, 24w, 6400k at about 15 inches away from the plant, please help

Hey @ganjagrowa what is your temp and humidity at? Could be low humidity.

G

ganjagrowa

my temp is 68 and humidity is around 53% @Henny2319

Last edited:
G

ganjagrowa

@Henny2319
Here are a few more pics, not really noticing much deformation or twisting as much on new growth, i did notice little white bugs jumping around in my soil, not very many, i acted quick and got some norcal 86 spray, treated twice so far every two days this week, havent been noticing really any more bugs since the treatment, temps range from 65-67 with ligts off with them on its about 75-78, i have an air purifier fan blowing over the tops, with a 6” vent hole out the top of my grow tent, also noticed today shes starting to smell like some really potent weed when up close, does this mean shes healthy ?

my temp is 68 and humidity is around 53%

Latest posts

Top Bottom