Follow This, Help Me Dial It In

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoseThemAll

DoseThemAll

1.5 lpm, I noticed what seemed to be mag def in some plants, I made the mistake of running multiple strains in the system. So its kinda hard to give specifics. If numbers are what your after, balance is key. (same strain, same size across the board) At least thats what I hear :).

Edit: I did use Cal Mag going into flower because of early yellowing. It never got better but never got worse. I have a friend running a stock UC who pulls over 1gpw consistently, who claims CalMag is the only product he uses at recommended dosages by the end of flower. Take that with a grain of salt though. One love

Last edited:
slimjimham

slimjimham

Did it show up on the buds themselves or just the leaves?

Any way you slice it 1gpw is a good place to be

DoseThemAll

DoseThemAll

Leaves, I could only tell that the plants were yellow when I caught them right before or after the lights flipped. It wasn't detrimental.

Alice D

Alice D

1gpw is amazing! I've been growing for 20yrs & rarely see this type of yield. Maybe because I'm always adding as many lights I can,vertical horizontal,600's,1000's. But your doing something right to see those yields. I think most see half of that & are happy. I've ran rdwc the past few years & I usually won't go over 600ppm .5 scale. Usually 100ppm calmag,200-300ppm a&b & 100-200ppm of a booster. Letting my ph swing up 5.2-6.2. Weekly change outs adding uc roots 2x per week. I don't use a top off reservoir either just sterilized r.o. water top the system off. Levels drop 200ppm I add a 1/3 of original mixture. Has worked great for me. A couple pics

slimjimham

slimjimham

Looks great! How much air are you pumping in there per gallon?

And no criticism because it's looking better than mine right now but are the tips of alot of those being bleached by light or is it just the pic?

I think I'm on the right track now but discouraged because I think I'm gonna run out for a week or so :/ demand is beating my supply... I guess that's good but I gotta step it up so that doesn't happen again

Also I change the system out every 2 weeks and topoff with the next weeks nutrients... Have you tried waiting longer to change the system and found weekly is better?

Last edited:
Alice D

Alice D

Looks great! How much air are you pumping in there per gallon?

And no criticism because it's looking better than mine right now but are the tips of alot of those being bleached by light or is it just the pic?

I think I'm on the right track now but discouraged because I think I'm gonna run out for a week or so :/ demand is beating my supply... I guess that's good but I gotta step it up so that doesn't happen again

Also I change the system out every 2 weeks and topoff with the next weeks nutrients... Have you tried waiting longer to change the system and found weekly is better?

I'm not to sure what the airflow comes out to I doubled the air pumps. I have 4-afp 80's & 1-afp 40 for the 24 modules.

Ya the tips did get bleached out on that run. Had excessive amount of light over them with new bulbs. That was a pic from a few years ago & one of the only I had available when posting. I wanted to at least post a couple pics showing I do have expierence with rdwc. I hate it when people give there opinion with no expierence sometimes steering people in the wrong direction.

I'm in no way a expert with rdwc but have completed maybe a dozen runs learning more & more each one. I've had countless fellow farmers help me threw the years so try to pay it back a little.
It's always good when demand is beating supply. I wish I had that problem this time of year. Lol

As far as system change out's,every two weeks is fine as long as your adding fresh nutes every couple days to keep your ppm stable. I let mine fall 200ppm then add nutes sometimes 300ppm. I've had problems with slime in the past & found it easiest just changing out the system weekly & using ucroots every couple days to keep it from growing.

slimjimham

slimjimham

My slime issue was cleared up with adding ro with uv filter. Paid for itself in the savings of over using ic roots.

I appreciate the advice. How many gallons in the full system?

Ill do an update in the next few days. Things are looking nice with 3 weeks left on that round

slimjimham

slimjimham

So im still experiencing some spotting on the leaves, looks much better than last time but don't want it to progress. Don't think ppms have gone past 500 on a 500 scale and I'm adding 1ml per gallon of calimagic... Heres the pics, exactly 6 weeks from the flip, 3 weeks to go....

... I don't want this to spread, what's the thoughts, still too high ppm?... Think the ppm is at like 390 right now

The other round I haven't been over 400ppm and they are drinking like crazy

.... On another note I was changing by bulbs (call me paranoid but I think the last shop may have sold me used bulbs) and a few of my hoods you gotta take out the glass, well long story short one piece of glass exploded in my hand, so I just replaced it with a new raptor hood

... The last pic is the other round that's 3 weeks in, 6 weeks to go

20151218 161739
20151218 192257
20151218 192313
20151218 192354
20151218 192414
20151218 192559
20151218 192639
20151218 192715
20151218 192734
slimjimham

slimjimham

Btw the deficiency just showed up, as it has been around week 6, and in the past has progressed until harvest.

Base water is 0 as stated, and with the calimagic brings my ppm to 80-100, then finish off with a& b & mid bloom till it's around 500 or less... I did notice the ppm gradually rise 30ppm since yesterday so I pulled prob 10 gallons and replaced with ro to lower it to under 400

slimjimham

slimjimham

Here's the whiteboard showing ph/ ppm for this set. Seems inline with where it should be

20151218 194700
slimjimham

slimjimham

So it's getting worse, cc guys said they couldn't see anything wrong with anything I'm doing so its 'up to me to dial in' which makes me think I'm switching nutrients... Thinking about house and garden aquaflakes a&b, anyone have any experience with this or recommendation on other nutes...

Only other thing I can think of is maybe I should be doing just ro top off, I've heard some guys having problems with nutrient top offs. Maybe the ratios in the solution off...

20151221 145501
slimjimham

slimjimham

@Alice D did you mention what nutrients you're using. Looking to switch off the cs I think because I'm doing things by the books I feel... Only thing I do is topoff with nutrient water, maybe I'll try doing just ro water on a system... That way ph drifts more too

hiiipower

hiiipower

plants look good man. Yield looks fine. As for the little yellowing, try a chiller. I just added one myself and did a side by side with and without(veg only so far, have pics will post) and am noticing the plants in the chilled buckets are way healthier and without any yellowing at all. Plants without chilled water have lower leaves yellowing and generally less healthy.

I know it's hard to believe a difference of 5 degrees F (72-67 degrees F) makes much of a difference, but when you think about dissolved oxygen and available oxygen levels at that lower temp it becomes clear 5 degrees is large difference indeed! I really doubt that a different nutrient line will make much of a change.

Looks nice man you just gotta fine tune your system and your good

slimjimham

slimjimham

It's not really yellowing but I'm getting spotting in the plants from deficiency. I don't doubt that a chiller is obviously better but I shouldn't be getting these spots.

I just got adapters so I can put the ro directly into the systems bypassing the topoff tanks. I've heard done people say topoff with nutrients caused problems for some reason?

I'm really getting frustrated, because other than an imbalance I nutrients I'm lost because I'm following the feed schedule with just

Calmag 1ml per gallon
A&b
Mid bloom
Uc roots

Its so basic I don't see how there could be problems unless it's in the formulation. Plants look good till week 5/6 on and the deficiency just gets worse and worse. Im stuck trimming all the burnt tips off buds taking way longer. fuck me, I'm invested in this system but really close to going back to soil.

I did way better in a 5g bubble bucket with next to no care and knowledge. Fuckkkk

F

FooDoo

I haven't posted in 3 months and came back just to browse but watching you chase your tail made me post.

Your ph was never in the correct target zone. I run 5.2-5.5 and have never had any problems. You are using a non scientific outdated graph for ph availability of hydroponic nutrients. By 5.6-5.8 you're locking out mg and ca.

Look CLOSELY at the right graph. After 5.5 those two nutrients start to bottle neck

attachment.php

slimjimham

slimjimham

Ive tried lower ph and that still doesn't fix it with the nutrients I was using... How much calmag you use @FooDoo ?

With the canna they recommended I start with 200ppm calmag... Could be in my head but the round behind this one seemed to double in size the last two days since I switched to canna. I put in 200ml boost in each fresh tank now which is almost $20 alone but the reviews say it's all worth it. My buddy swears by it. (At biweekly changes it will be about $80 for each 4 plant system in canna boost alone)

Just the about tripple amount of calmag from what I was using (now 3ml per gallon) might solve the problem right alone... But cc was adamant no more than 1 ml per gallon of calmag... I get all nutrients are formulated differently but we'll see

Canna was one of the top ones cc used to recommend before they came out with their own line too, and 20 years experience or whatever canna has vs the few of cultured solutions already puts me more at ease

F

FooDoo

CC is a bunch of morons. I use exactly what you want to use, 3ml/gal calimagic.

*****NOT CALMAG.****

I use calimagic by GH.

Calmag has the shortest shelf life ever. Brand new bottle Would go cloudy before I could even finish a run. It's also got way too much nitrogen.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

CC is a bunch of morons. I use exactly what you want to use, 3ml/gal calimagic.

*****NOT CALMAG.****

I use calimagic by GH.

Calmag has the shortest shelf life ever. Brand new bottle Would go cloudy before I could even finish a run. It's also got way too much nitrogen.
very nice to see you around FOO! would love to talk about your current nute schedule,........PM me!

slimjimham

slimjimham

Things seem to be looking much much nicer on the canna nutrients, I'll post updates soon

Latest posts

Top Bottom