Followed VPD Chart and got mold on the fab pot

• Thread starter Omaha101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Omaha101

I'm a newer grower, on my second plant. My first plant I just followed a humidity/temp chart and it went fine.... I followed a VPD chart on the second plant, and It gave me mold on the outside of the fabric pot. None on the plant itself.

1. Would I be able to transplant this into a new pot?

2. The humidity settings for the VPD to be correct seem just way too high.... Is there something I'm missing here? My temp runs about 78-80.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Stokes

Stokes

As mentioned its more than likely salt build up.

Fab pots are ok but im starting to see their limitations. Its either rain science bags for soil or floraflex quickfil for me until something better comes along

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
My temp runs about 78-80.
What was the humidity at that temperature range?

VPD is a relationship between leaf moisture and air moisture. VPD describes the potential rate of transpiration. Transpiration and VPD are positively correlated. That is, for example, as VPD increases, transpiration also increases. What happens on the side of the pot is unrelated to VPD. More likely, it would involve watering practices or soil density.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

VPD is a great means of control if you have a relatively stable temperature and are only controlling humidity. I stopped specifically caring about temp/rh a while ago and it's made things so much simpler. you just need to be clear on where your VPD needs to be during different stages of growth. and we would need to see whatever chart you're using, who knows it could be complete nonsense.

O

Omaha101

What was the humidity at that temperature range?

VPD is a relationship between leaf moisture and air moisture. VPD describes the potential rate of transpiration. Transpiration and VPD are positively correlated. That is, for example, as VPD increases, transpiration also increases. What happens on the side of the pot is unrelated to VPD. More likely, it would involve watering practices or soil density.
Temp about 78-80 and humidity was bout 68-70ish..... What temp and humidity do you recommend for all stages?

O

Omaha101

VPD is a great means of control if you have a relatively stable temperature and are only controlling humidity. I stopped specifically caring about temp/rh a while ago and it's made things so much simpler. you just need to be clear on where your VPD needs to be during different stages of growth. and we would need to see whatever chart you're using, who knows it could be complete nonsense.
It was recommending about .55-.90 for veg then up to 1.1 for late veg. My temp runs about 78-80

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Discussions of VPD often turn into religious arguments, but I'll just say that if you run RH anywhere near 70 or above, I'd make sure to have a lot of air movement or you risk growing things you don't want to grow (usually powdery mildew, in my experience).

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I'm a newer grower, on my second plant. My first plant I just followed a humidity/temp chart and it went fine.... I followed a VPD chart on the second plant, and It gave me mold on the outside of the fabric pot. None on the plant itself.

2. The humidity settings for the VPD to be correct seem just way too high.... Is there something I'm missing here? My temp runs about 78-80.

That white stuff forms on the grow bags frequently, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've been growing for a minute and I've never once worried about my VPD, but hey you do you, & best of luck!

Mothman

Mothman

50 to 60% veg 40 to 50% in flower. I all but ignore vpd and my growth rates are plenty fast. It ruins new peoples crops
Aw man! How about “It sometimes ruins” or “It has ruined” or some other qualifier? I monitor my current grow’s VPD and I’m 9 wks post flip—it’s not ruined. I just checked! 😉

M

MellowRello

Temp about 78-80 and humidity was bout 68-70ish..... What temp and humidity do you recommend for all stages?
60% for veg, 50% once flowers start to stack, cool temps and just below 50% for the last week or so.
If my RH goes above 65% in flower I sort of panic, especially if it's hot.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
As mentioned its more than likely salt build up.

Fab pots are ok but im starting to see their limitations. Its either rain science bags for soil or floraflex quickfil for me until something better comes along
My fabric 5 gallon grow bags have moved to be pepper pots for the garden used them 3 runs and just diddnt prefer them myself

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

It was recommending about .55-.90 for veg then up to 1.1 for late veg. My temp runs about 78-80
That sounds absolutely nuts, at 80 degrees that's a relative humidity of 80-85%. No way you'd want your tent that wet. I run a VPD around 1.0 in veg to around 1.3 in flower; my tent sits around 75 degrees so that's a RH of about 65% to 55% respectively.

Latest posts

Top Bottom