Food Grade bucket curing

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

I had the idea that instead of ( for bigger plants) If you put 60% of a 5 or 7 gal bucket ( food grade) full of dried buds and did the burping steps and cured it this way instead of using jars ( look at the price of glass!) and I am so sick of suing my half gallon and quarts for my OD , i burp em every night when all my buddies just put all their stuff in vacuum after dry and not give a shit . Would it effect my taste and lab test being cured this way?

I'm surprised more people have not asked that question :)

-BH

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

The only problem I've had with it is that the plastic builds up a static charge. It pulls a lot of the fine particles off the buds. I only did it once a few years back, but I didn't like all the kief stuck to the side. Back to glass I went!

B

Burned Haze

If you have more than a couple pounds,
youre going to have a shit load of quart jars to burp.
5 gal buckets with Gamma lids are the only way to go if your curing a lot of weed
Unless, you know where i can find some 5 gal glass jars :)

Edit to add;
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...hh7nibAFeI5tAUXMvvs2HFzezFxI3JqZDvBjdXJPw_wcB
found em :)

1)first drying properly, then burping it and monitoring it with a digital meter to optimal % and then stopping the burping.

I have had to burp way to many small jars in the past and I am trying to find a mid-way to this without buying tons of huge glass. since glass is so fragile and expensive ( at that price u listed it might be worth it thou :), thanks ken) . Since I am a multi-strain guy I have no issue with that . But when I do bigger gallon pots ( Outdoors) I had to burp way too many jars last year. I have looked at gamma lids and wanted to use food grade bucket with that, I just did not want to make my meds ( under lab tested) make it contaminated when the glass cure method isn't.

4214evr

4 ps n more ps just do a sweat n quick cure with contracter bags then in to final storage

Myco

Myco

I've been curing in black (important as to stop light from entering) 5gal food grade buckets with 'water tight' lids for a couple years now.

I used half gallon jars for a long time and got so fucking sick of burping 6+ elbows in jars. It's ridiculous.

If dried and cured properly, there will be no difference in end product. Trust me, I wouldn't do it if there was going to be any drop in overall quality.

I also like it because you're able to 'turn' the buds MUCH easier when needed.

About 2/3 of the bucket is what I do... usually equates to 3/4 lb.

Caliber III hygrometers really help, btw.

I've tried telling people that bitch about burping jars, the bucket method... You can lead the horse to the water, but you can't make 'em drink.

Turkey bags really do work fine too though.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I had the idea that instead of ( for bigger plants) If you put 60% of a 5 or 7 gal bucket ( food grade) full of dried buds and did the burping steps and cured it this way instead of using jars ( look at the price of glass!) and I am so sick of suing my half gallon and quarts for my OD , i burp em every night when all my buddies just put all their stuff in vacuum after dry and not give a shit . Would it effect my taste and lab test being cured this way?

I'm surprised more people have not asked that question :)

-BH
If I must use something, I use bins. I dry and cure the plants whole, and generally don't break them down until I actually need them. Once they're fully cured, if I must break down, then they get branched and put in paper bags, and those go into the bins. The bins do NOT seal up, that's deadly. If the product is fully cured and you're talking a handful of poundage, then go ahead and trim, then vacuum seal.

I dicked around with 'burping' my first two seasons, never again. What a waste of time, energy and space!

And, I truly hate the turkey bags. The only reason I kept them was for odor control. Once I got the vacuum sealer I never looked back. As soon as I can get my drying/curing shed built, forget about it.

shaganja

shaganja

I just picked up an air pump and hoses, and stop valves, and digital thermometer. Making an auto burping system. Saw it online. Pump kicks on for five minutes a day. Pushes old air out, in brings new in. Stop valves are for keeping them air tight.

ninovante

ninovante

I just picked up an air pump and hoses, and stop valves, and digital thermometer. Making an auto burping system. Saw it online. Pump kicks on for five minutes a day. Pushes old air out, in brings new in. Stop valves are for keeping them air tight.
Please could you share some links of videos you watched in order to create the auto burping system. Thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Whatever happened to @Burned Haze? You still around ya nut? Or are you gonzo?

Hes over at chuckers paradise. I miss him. You know he told me i had root aphids for sure last year even if i could not see them. He was very sure.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hes over at chuckers paradise. I miss him. You know he told me i had root aphids for sure last year even if i could not see them. He was very sure.
I forgot bout that forum... I am pretty much only here and Ph eno hunter now.

Yeah BH was fun, he and I often clashed but he sure knew his shit when it came to IPM.

shaganja

shaganja

Please could you share some links of videos you watched in order to create the auto burping system. Thanks
IMG 20201123 1717141
IMG 20201123 1716381

Purple star still needs to be done. So timer goes on, and pump goes on for 15 minutes. Dont have pics of timer, but needs to be the digital one, that goes down to the minute. Pushes the air in the bottom holes, and fills the buckets, then the little ones at the top are for exhausted green air. No more burping! Yay!!

shaganja

shaganja

View attachment 1059459View attachment 1059460
Purple star still needs to be done. So timer goes on, and pump goes on for 15 minutes. Dont have pics of timer, but needs to be the digital one, that goes down to the minute. Pushes the air in the bottom holes, and fills the buckets, then the little ones at the top are for exhausted green air. No more burping! Yay!!
Not sure why I said thermometer. That's for something else! Sorry for confusion.

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

View attachment 1059459View attachment 1059460
SO DOPE!! I seen this a few weeks ago and have been looking for someone who's done it and how the result was?
So how was your end result?
Thanks for sharing.

shaganja

shaganja

SO DOPE!! I seen this a few weeks ago and have been looking for someone who's done it and how the result was?
So how was your end result?
Thanks for sharing.
They are not done yet, still some green flavor and smell left, but have to say, didn't know the cure makes the flavor happen! My o.g. actually smells and tastes like pinesol! My blackberry o.g. is so very blackberry tasting and smelling. The mooseknuckle jockey has that deep baked cookie thing going on with some dank in the background. They are all smelling and tasting great this year! Thanks boreal seeds! I forget his name, but he is on thc farmer. His creation.

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

They are not done yet, still some green flavor and smell left, but have to say, didn't know the cure makes the flavor happen! My o.g. actually smells and tastes like pinesol! My blackberry o.g. is so very blackberry tasting and smelling. The mooseknuckle jockey has that deep baked cookie thing going on with some dank in the background. They are all smelling and tasting great this year! Thanks boreal seeds! I forget his name, but he is on thc farmer. His creation.
Hows the curing going? Did you see a difference with this method yet?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I built this tote and it works great after 3 runs. No plastic smell, the buds never touch it ether. Takes up to 2 weeks after a day or 2 of hanging.

20210310 194602
20210310 191202
20201215 163227
20201216 232126

Top Bottom