Food Inc - A must see documentary for everyone!

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
I watched that video it makes you think for sure and organic looks alot better everytime i see these kinds of videos

here is another video called Fast food Nation it's 2006 i've not watched it yet but here is the imdb link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460792/

Day

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Both of these are eye-opening, relevant, excellent documentaries. I watched FFN along with "Super High Me" a couple months ago after some excellent edibles, but these eye-opening films were too memorable to forget in a cloudy haze. They should show FFN in every freshmen health class across the nation.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

"Future of Food" is a good one too. It's a documentary about how big business is skrewing over the mom and pop farmers and forcing them into bankruptcy via their ability to patent seeds. The American corperation Roundup creats seeds known as "roundup ready" which have been pretreated to resist the harmful effects of their products. These seeds then make their way around to other farms thanks to mother nature. Roundup then goes onto other farmers lands without their permission, tests their crop and if they find any of their round up ready genetics sues the farmer and tries to muscle them into useing only Rounup ready seeds. Its Damn Damn sad, if you watch it be prepared for your blood to boil.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
M

Mantis

The way we create, transport, process, and consume food in the U.S.A. is beyond disturbing. Think of this the next time you hear anything about our health care debates. I've gone vegetarian, mostly organic. I'm also a chef, so I have some insight into the nature of where food actually comes from and how it's handled. There is no way that we as a society can continue treating our food like an industrial product and expect to stay healthy and satisfied with what we eat. If you're reading this and actually give a shit, then plant some vegetables next spring and stop eating meat. If you have no outdoor area to plant, then consider joining a community garden in your city and support your local farmer's market.

Also, consider that with oil prices rising in the future (as they will) it will get too expensive to ship food all over the world. We had all better get used to eating locally and in season.

Peace.

Top Bottom