Fooled.

• Thread starter bigwillis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigwillis

I don't usually post and admit I pretty much creep around these sites. The passing of A64 seems like yet another blow to us career growers. To me its far from legalization and seems like 1284 all over again. More regulation and less protection than A20. C'mon 6 plants and 1 oz. And people are actually excited for this, that blows me away. I'm a grower for an MMC and grow at home. So I have a foot in both worlds. A64 appears to me as another way for the market to be controlled by a few. And it was wrapped up in this treat it like alcohol bow. Are there limits to how much beer you can brew at home? I think over the next year as they iron out the ways to implement this bill. We are all gonna see what a mistake this was to vote for and the people were fooled.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

let me put it this way....

are you glad computers are cheap now? remember when memory for computers was like 10 fucking times what it was now? now you can get like 4 gigs online for under and jefferson. i bet you dont complain.

Just another market getting flooded with people making it my friend. the shitty ones get weeded out and the strong survive. start working out or start packin.

and if you have a foot in the medical world why would you need a foot in "recreational" are you a med user or just have a card to smoke? just sayin. if you have a red card whats the stress at all?

coloradochem

coloradochem

I don't usually post and admit I pretty much creep around these sites. The passing of A64 seems like yet another blow to us career growers. To me its far from legalization and seems like 1284 all over again. More regulation and less protection than A20. C'mon 6 plants and 1 oz. And people are actually excited for this, that blows me away. I'm a grower for an MMC and grow at home. So I have a foot in both worlds. A64 appears to me as another way for the market to be controlled by a few. And it was wrapped up in this treat it like alcohol bow. Are there limits to how much beer you can brew at home? I think over the next year as they iron out the ways to implement this bill. We are all gonna see what a mistake this was to vote for and the people were fooled.

First off the easy one yes you can only brew 250 gallons of beer a year.

Im a grower at home and work, and could not be anymore excited. I work out! (classic:))

Over the next year well see what a mistake this was, people fooled?
Bro most people who smoke, dnt eat sleep and breathe pot, like all of us here do. The average joe, could give a fuck about how many plants or zips he can posess. Hes more worried about work, home, kids, wife. and is really happy now, cause he dont have to worry about loosing any of that, for smoking a hooter. So us growers who have put a cple bucks in our pockets dnt have shit to bitch about. were not the ones who voted this in(most of them voted against it). It was the regular people. So get on board or get left behind.

B

bigwillis

I'm always gonna be on board. I'm pretty sure the average Joe hasn't had to worry about smoking a J or even an ounce or two kicking around for quite some time in these parts. What I'm saying is now that its been "passed" it really doesn't allow us anymore freedom than we already had. My whole point is that things are never as they appear and as they (because it wont be us) put this all into action I think its going to hurt more than help. Am I allowed to express concern without it being called bitchin? If you read the bill there are some pretty concerning items in there. As for evolve or get left behind that's what I've been doing for the last decade. I'm not going anywhere. When 1284 passed i got back up and chose to join em if i couldn't beat em. Now I control a 100 light grow and can continue to get better and better on a larger scale. Produce high quality for cheaper and cheaper. Despite what most people think there is some good herb being produced in warehouses. Again I'm just saying I don't think this bill set us free. I think its going to tighten the chains as it moves forward. Thanks for the heads up on how much beer one can brew I did not know that. Look, I hope i"m wrong but something bout this doesn't sit well with me.

altimood

altimood

All I can do is hope for the best. If the house burns down I learned a lot and got to do what a lot of people could only dream of doing for a job. I just kinda hoped Id be able to make a decent living and support my family. I used to be a framing contractor till the joys of 2008 wiped my life out. Fuck it. I feel you though man and wish the best for you and me. I'd rather be in the warehouse than framing thats for sure. Square foot prices pay less than they did ten years ago. Gas is fucking skyrocketing and that adds up when driving a truck all over the place job to job around the metro area from Castle Rock to fort Collins. Not that growing killer bud in a warehouse ever paid. I guess time will tell and we no doubt will be where we are. Good luck in the meantime. It's not bitching it's venting. I don't need to be rich but I'd like to keep my job. You have every right to be concerned. Best-
a

sky high

sky high

On the beer thing.... whether it's 250 gallons or 2500 gallons per yer per person doesn't matter. What matters is that you cannot SELL a single drop of home brew legally, just as you cannot legally sell any of your home garden under 64. You can drowned in beer at home and no one will care...just as this new law allows you to produce and keep far more than you can smoke >in your home<.

Neither law says you can sell what you cannot consume..simply because you produced it, nor can you take it off your property legally.

FWIW....I was in the first wave of long-term growers who got fucked by all of this. 1990-2008.

So I understand yer frustration and how badly it sucks to think you were gonna be able to be rewarded for your work on a long-term basis....but after going through the wringer like so many of my other fellow growers did when 1284 hit....I have the same amount of sympathy (none) for any/all plights the "industry" may face that the long-term growers got when the dispensaries horned their way into the program and then jumped into bed with the State.

In all seriousness....t's almost an insult to hear you whine about having 1 foot in one world and another foot in another world and how >something< isn't sitting well with you when the rest of us got the rug yanked out from under us completely and you STILL can't see how badly all of this has killed a very good thing we had goin here before the Gov't was involved AT ALL.

Fuckin A....

After that reeming....my take/hope on 64 is that the Feds have FINALLY given concession to the individual freedom to grow/possess as the PRICE for closing down the commercial Medical industry here.

After seeing how the State has fumbled/failed to manage the MMED and Centers and how that mismanagement has allowed the industry to funnel weed out to the Black market in other states in large amounts...My guess (hope) is that the FED will sit back...let the State license all these pre-existing MMCS under the guise of "preference"and a discounted collection of fees...and through that... collect another 20 million or so in revenue....

and then once they try open these stores to the public without medical need....they will BUST em all...taking their MMC status and assets on both sides of the game as well.

Boom. 2 birds..one stone...

good riddens.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

The other day my day called me (he's 80). He's seen my garden and thinks it's pretty damn cool, even though he doesn't smoke. He asked me if A65 had any effect on my garden. I said not really, I'd just maintain my medical status because I feel I'm better protected as a medical user.

What I'm saying is that I agree with you that A64 really doesn't change much for the average smoker. For me, the personal medical grower, it really doesn't change much either. However, I really feel like a message had been sent that nobody cares about weed anymore. This is very important and carries tremendous value for all of us. While I definitely see your concerns over regulation from a career grower's perspective, I think this is the first step in a road toward increasingly liberal views and legislation regarding cannabis.

Additionally, I believe that for the inventive and industrious there will be plenty of opportunity to capitalize off this next wave of change.

outwest

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

5% of life is what happens to you. 95% is how you react. It's cool, we all freak out about this. Look at it this way, nothing you can do about the law now, the time to Now HTFU, keep growing the stickiest of the ickiest, watch the unworthy come fail, and go get'em!

S

SatansSon

Between the regulation, taxes and the huge demand of the everyday Joe, theres a huge advantage to the underground with 64 passing. Technically legally you are now risking a fine for not paying taxes but avoiding all the hassle and overhead of legality. Exact reason why Marijuana hasn't been legalized federally for a long time. Its almost impossible to regulate. Some of the most influential heads in this game want absolutely no part of anything to do with MJ in Colorado legally but are busy organizing networked warhouses up in down the front range.
For some reason I only see the price of quality smoke increasing. I may not have the best connections but this seaso there seems to be very little quality smoke anywhere under 200 an oscar when for the last 5 years the best arounds been everywhere at 150 around here.

S

SatansSon

I've heard as much as 30-45% retail tax on herbs? I mean how low will the legal people be able to afford to crush prices by mass producing it? All i know is thats a pretty ridiculous way for big business to steal more my money and I'm glad I didn't vote. Sounds perfectly feasible to me to when I dig into my pocket for another pack of cigarettes. I wonder what percent of tobaco goes to taxes all in all?

sky high

sky high

The SKY is falling? Nah... still upright here! I haven't fallen since those 1000 lot bags of ludes rolled through in '80. LOL.

I do hear ya on the "how many folks drink but how many distill or brew their own?" take....

then again...how many average folks do you know who buy their beer from their neighbor..or from a friend of a friend who is brewing it in a closet? Buying it from an unlicensed seller will put both people in an illegal situation under this law. (though you can GIVE away under an OZ legally)

IMO....because "illegality" has loomed over us for so long....I think MOST regular folks (without connections) are gonna buy it legally...and will simply stop at the Bud store on the way home rather than risk an illegal sale/etc. The reason they voted this law in was to be legal....

And the folks who don't smoke daily....will they need or want the high THC weed or will the "WallyWorld White" or the "Kroger Kind" "mids" get em where they need to be?? Will they wait around and make calls and try to track you down for the "good" stuff when the WallyBud on ROLLBACK special is 1/2 the price and right in front of their face?? I went through this with "organic fertilizers". Folks talk big about being different/not polluting the Earth...and SAY they would be interested in buying and using such products if they were available....but once they are...rather than making a special trip to your specialty store to buy organics...you see them rolling out of Wally's with 2 bags of Scott's "WEED AND FEED"...full of 2-4-D..... cus it was there/they didn't have to make a special trip...and because it was 1/2 the price....

Bottom line though...unless yer "licensed"...yer not gonna have much of a chance connecting with all of these folks or heading them off before they buy the "regular" bud at Wally's or the Bud Store down the street. Ease of access will play the biggest part in sales, IMO. It may change...but right now "Pot is pot" to most casual users (who get high easily) from what I've seen.

But hey...good luck to all however it shakes out.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I hear you with the organics, SH. Even my fuck-ups were still dank to my patients. In the end, I don't have the skill yet to make organic yield with salt yeild, so...
What people say, and what they really mean are two different things. And when they open up their wallet you find out just how important all their 'wants' are....
But there is still a thriving market for craft beer, so too will be there for craft weed. But those are the people that when they say they want 'xyz', they back it up with their money.
For most people it's, 'I want to get stoned for a cheap as possible'.
Kinda like when I used to go for that handle of Jim Beam, sure it didn't taste the best, but it wasn't about sipping on a single malt, JB was about getting drunk, who knows, maybe even end up on the other side of town with no recollection of how I got there. Memories now, thankfully.

K

kolah

When MJ growers make the choice to use toxic chemicals and use other "additives" that are highly questionable it opens the bureaucratic doors for more and more regulation, red tape and bullshit.

Do patients and customers have a right to know how their medicine (or recreational pot) has been treated and what specific chemicals and compounds were used?

I'd sure as hell want to know.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

That whole process comes when something is legal. When you stop focusing on throwing people in jail for growing it, and start jailing them for what they put in it.
Probably coming soon.

I would love to see the Colorado State Commission on Cannabis Nutrition and Safety...1000's of pages of bullshit, $$$$ wasted, and the meds...er, pot? would come out even dirtier.
Ofcourse many products of questionable use are also used in agriculture frequently, albeit different plants...

Nice thing would be if legalization meant that some of these questions could be answered by someone other than Big Mike (Ricky's Retared Little Brother)

green punk

green punk

The Feds will be the Feds when they come. They will manipulate your laws and state constitution as they see fit in order to prosecute. They will take your wife and make her talk about things shes not sure about. They don't care what your state law says. Look at what happened in MT. Caregivers were busted, and were told that I-148 was not a defense for breaking federal laws. They were not allowed to even mention Medical marijuana during the court proceeds..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The problem isn't the problem, it's your attitude about the problem.
No problem here, same attitude as allways , do what I want, use common sense, let the rest fuck it up or make it work...

Cause i got my own world to live through and I aint gonna copy you...
White collar conservative flashin down the street..
Pointing his plastic finger at me
Hoping my kind will soon drop and die
Iam going to wave my freak flag high.... HIGH!!!

Anybody know who sang that in song???

K

kolah

The Feds will be the Feds when they come. They will manipulate your laws and state constitution as they see fit in order to prosecute. They will take your wife and make her talk about things shes not sure about. They don't care what your state law says. Look at what happened in MT. Caregivers were busted, and were told that I-148 was not a defense for breaking federal laws. They were not allowed to even mention Medical marijuana during the court proceeds..

This. Highlighted in red.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
No problem here, same attitude as allways , do what I want, use common sense, let the rest fuck it up or make it work...

Cause i got my own world to live through and I aint gonna copy you...
White collar conservative flashin down the street..
Pointing his plastic finger at me
Hoping my kind will soon drop and die
Iam going to wave my freak flag high.... HIGH!!!

Anybody know who sang that in song???

Sing on Brother...

Latest posts

Top Bottom