Fooled.

• Thread starter bigwillis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Talked to my grow store guy yesterday he though it will only have a littlle effect on bussiness, its all been overdone before, a few newbies but no big rush...

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Exactly! This isn't, grow warehouses semi-legally, anyone can do it, retire a millionaire in one year. That is what created the 'green rush'.
This is 'if you had your foot in the door, and you got a pair of brass balls, you get to be first up on the duck shoot'.
The people uprooting their family and career to move out here just so they can legally smoke, I don't see too many of those. 'Cept if you on probation or something, and needs to get high. Then 'vote with your feet'.

A

anonymous555

Glad to see you guys are more rational about stuff. Since I never really frequent this site , I could have sworn you guys were paid political posters. Does this make me seem crazy? Well I'm not and there are a LOT of paid propaganda shit posters surrounding this issue. I have a question....How much money do you think that fat ass Mason Tvert pocketed from all this? Out of the 8 million or so.

putembk

putembk

oh well, it was a great run, now 555 comes along and exposes me, Doesn't matter leaving for Hawaii tomorrow. lol

Tripsick

Tripsick

lol it was so much better before... LMAO at 18 years old that are upset... Cant see the forest for the trees.

sky high

sky high

Yeah, trip.....it's a funny thing...Ha Ha ho ho... that 18-21 year old voters can be arrested for partaking in something they had a hand in voting into law for all of our benefit.

We're laughing all the way to the Doc for a medical recommendation here! Ha Ha..ho ho

K

kolah

I have read and heard that dispensary phones are ringing off the hook... from people wanted to buy weed because it's "legal" now.

Economics 101, when demand is up, price goes down. Unless you do like the oil and diamond barons and control the market to keep your prices high by saying your product is "rare" or hard to acquire.

putembk

putembk

I have read and heard that dispensary phones are ringing off the hook... from people wanted to buy weed because it's "legal" now.

Economics 101, when demand is up, price goes down. Unless you do like the oil and diamond barons and control the market to keep your prices high by saying your product is "rare" or hard to acquire.
Supply vs demand determines the value of everything. It just depends on weather you want to drive a benz or a kia. Same with pot. Going Fishing!

Dorje

Dorje

You have it backwards.
When demand goes up the price goes up.
When supply goes up, the price goes down.

At first, yes.

After enough time has passed for a newly increased supply to meet demand, then prices may drop below what they used to be as a result of the product being priced as a commodity rather than a rarity.

This happened recently with Tequila, it got popular and demand rose along with price. Now (years later) more agave has been planted and prices on 100% agave tequila are lower than they used to be years ago.

There's always people willing to pay more than commodity pricing for higher quality, but it is the commodity price that sets the benchmark. With MJ, the big producers will set the commodity price, but like wine and beer, many or even most consumers are paying more for a better product to some degree.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I was wathcing Drugs Inc, NYC last night. Whooooly shit. Why would a grower want to move here? :) 600/z for some of the strains we grow, and fuckit, Sour D will go all day out there 2g for $50. Somebody is cleaning up out there. That whole stop and frisk policy sure helped to keep their drug trade healthy.

And in the 'long-term' economic profit = 0. This is very far from an abstract economic model, though. This is still a market with supply constraints, though. Will be for sometime, an eternity if Pharma has their way. MJ will forever be Sched I and
Still, artificial price/supply manipulation is still in effect by the powers that be.

"“Let’s just say that Sativex couldn’t be sold to patients in the U.S. without some change in federal policy. The feds could reschedule naturally extracted cannabis, but that dances dangerously close to admitting that the “whole cannabis plant” inherently has medical value. What is more likely is that the federal government will tie itself into a pretzel by making an exception for Sativex, like it did for Marinol (which is Schedule III). One things is for sure, it will create quite a controversy.”

How does that song go?
Money, money, money...Moooohneeeaaaayyy.
You're Fired!

M

mr duder

I truly enjoy reading what all my fellow people have to say. The funny part is all the talk about people growing AAA for 50 a oz. If big companies get involved why would they not want to make huge profits? I'm type 1 diabetic and my insulin costs 150 a vile. In Mexico it's 45.00. Same shit but way more expensive. There is no way they will cut their profit lines. NO WAY. Could we see 1200 a pound for indoor? Ya. But not until it's across the United States. Many of the Colorado growers will start shipping to Chicago or Atlanta or NY. I predict in 5 years we could see a different landscape but unfortunately change will take time.

true grit

true grit

Nah, i see CO turning into a connoisseur market myself. Between tourism and people that didn't have cards that have money, i bet people will pay to play in the market of AAA dank. Will some prices level, sure, but anyone who is putting down real fire is gonna have the chance to bank imo, and perhaps do it all legal. I think it will more so come down to what kinda taxation will be in place that will determine profiteering. Prices have been consistently going up and so has demand...and tourism hasn't even got close to hitting.

lino

lino

Fooled,
Big business is positioning to flourish by 2014. Many MMJ business are ready to be in the recreational side of business.
Here are some facts from a panel of experts. There is one person on the panel of experts that is frustrated as he is unable to reveal some knowledge he has on these issues but he makes his points clear. If big business takes over, I say buy some stock and let them do the work.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Fooled,
Big business is positioning to flourish by 2014. Many MMJ business are ready to be in the recreational side of business.
Here are some facts from a panel of experts. There is one person on the panel of experts that is frustrated as he is unable to reveal some knowledge he has on these issues but he makes his points clear. If big business takes over, I say buy some stock and let them do the work.

it gets good at 4:20! :D
That guy makes sense!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

lmao....god weed is for dumbasses. Dont we already have enough moron hipsters up here....fuck. Yay lets turn the last fucking decent place in the country into a fuckhole like amsterdam.....yay. I finally got why all the kats from colorado said the weather sucks....its cause you dont want anyone up here. 10 degrees and wearing a t shirt and slacks......thats whats up. FUCK anything that brings more dipshits up here.

lino

lino

wht boy, I feel your pain. I have lived here all my life other than some traveling summer grows. Its been a slow change in the last 20 years but I have a feeling that we Coloradan's are about to experience some big changes to this state over the next 4 years. Good for the Coloradans income and jobs and that piece of land you own is going up in income already according to the denver post. So all that is left to do is sit back and watch it happen. I say we make like a "reservation", if your from out of state, out of country , the new law says you live only on the reservation. You and I sell nonNative's land down by Kansas and Oklahoma border reservation. Me and you stock their cannabis and they pay us toll fees to use any road out of the reservation. Times are changing bro.; Oh I get to be the mayor ...

I got this in my email, I don't know much more about it... I was unable to go to the last mtg...

Colorado Legalizes Recreational Cannabis

A64 Business Symposium
Elite Industry expert Panal
November 20, 2012
6 - 11 PM @ Casselman's Bar
(Panel begins promptly at 7 PM)

Amendment 64 Symposium Panelists:
Matt Cook, Christian Sederberg, Mike Elliott, Robert Corry, Warren Edson, Sean McAllister, Ann Toney, and Charles Houghton

Panel will include Special Guest Experts from the most elite industry groups who will be guiding us through the rule making process.

Top Bottom