? for a/c experts

• Thread starter SKUNK420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SKUNK420

SKUNK420

okay here's my set-up i got 2800 watts in a 9L x 9H x 6w (486 sq.ft.) 98% sealed room. i got a 10" vortex sucking air from the outside the grow area. so i do not lose cold a/c air or co2 or suck bugs into my grow area. the a/c is 10,500 btu. the A/C is mounted in the middle of the room and is 6.5 ft. high up in the wall so the cold air can fall down. then i got two walls fans mixing everything up.
everything is fine except for the A/C cycling too much. the temps are under control but i know it's not good for the A/C to turn on for 3 min. then turn off for 10 min. and then repeat. i've read other problem of A/C cycling too much from have too big of an A/C., is that true? should i try to run at a lower temperture like 70 degrees so the A/C runs longer?

J

jdubz206

what temp are you running now? i think 68-70 degress is optimal for growing, i would definitely drop it down to 70...lower temps bring out all the nice colors and also helps with pest control\prevention.

hubcap

hubcap

not an expert by any means, but, if the unit keeps coming on that quick, does it mean the room is warming that fast? is it thermostatically controlled.
if so, that would lead me to believe, actually, that the unit isnt enough.

total speculation. trying to get a feel for your setup

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
No it does sound like the unit is more than you need. Not that much wattage for the room size, esp with the vented lights, but it should be about right when you get to adding more. I would definatley drop the temps to 70 as hubcap said!! If the unit does not run long enough it will not remove humidity.

hubcap

hubcap

im just wondering whats controlling the unit from going on and off??

if the temps are causing it, while it may be enough BTUs, it might not be working to full efficiency....

more info and/or pics needed for me, but, other farmers'll be all over this one im sure.
we pipe in central air. lol

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
70 degrees, really? Sounds low to me...maybe that's why it's cycling on and off so frequently. I'd def want my room a lil warmer than 68-70 degrees.

J

Jalisco Kid

If it is a wall banger could you be pulling cold air from the outside. 68-70* is what I run my water temp at. my girls would not grow well at that air temp. If you are going for a sealed room why bring in air elsewhere? It could be a pressure sw causing the cycling also.Suerte JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom