for all u bhoers.....prob wanna peep this!

• Thread starter SCFSYNDICATE760
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

Propane is easier to purge.

There isn't really huge difference either direction--a non-polar solvent is a non-polar solvent, unless you're doing analysis.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

cool-fortunately for the co theres not really much proof of that, i mean ive read most places that talk about it say its harder to purge..most places say mercs are added to propane these days, not to mention theres not really people on forums actively doing propane runs....i mean i havent seen any at least, they could be around...
let me ask u, is that based on experience? or are you just going by something you read? or are you just going by scientific principles?
regardless, imho id rather not have more chemicals to contend with, id like to use pure nbutane, but until i get dialed for that, itll be the refills that have the most nbutane and least other shit...
i mean, if its so good, why isnt the tami or other devices designed for using propane?
not really trying to argue, just conversing here...
i mean believe me im all ears for an easier softer way...lol
so far i aint found it outside butane...and im not really seeing anyone else either...

i tend to believe most of what gw (graywolf aka the thc gangster) posts because he has back up and test subjects and sample panels and grad students working with him....
this is an excerpt from a post of his-

Propane is a simple alkane containing only three carbons and has more water solubility than butane with four carbons. It will pick up more chlorophyll and plant alkaloids than butane will.
If butane is not available, pentane with 5 carbons is the first alkane that is completely insoluble in water and would be a better choice.

chlorophyll = green shit in the oil
green shit in the oil=suck
so until someone else posts something contrary to what HE says...thats good enough for me personally- i believe his motives are pure and he would not post something unless he was pretty goddamn sure about it...
sorry bud, not trying to be mr contradiction, theres just a lot of misinfo out there, and i know this product is gonna be some swell shit.....for me its easy-11% propane vs 1% 66% nbutane vs 60% = new stuff ftw

but we will certainly see, anyways lets not get ahead of ourselves, its not even out yet....lol
im eagerly awaiting tho...lol

Graywolf

Graywolf

Either butane or propane will do the extraction and both have slight water solubility. Propane is not that hard to separate from butane and it was more likely purposely added, as its presence in lighter fuel adds the pressure needed to discharge the can contents, when the temperature is low, because its boiling point is about 75 degrees F lower (-43.6 vis a vis +31.5).

What their new offering does demonstrate, is that their marketing department is paying attention to to their cash cow, and looking for ways to sell more and extract more profit. It will be interesting to see what their new improved butane costs!

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

No doubt!
u know how we do...try n control every single variable...
illl do anything i can to keep the green out...lol
good point as far as cost....yes serious cash cow im sure....i cant even imagine how much vectors sales have gone up in the last year....can someone say too bookoo? lol
thats a good ?...really im wondering what theyll try and rape us for it...lol..
prob be like 10 a can or something...lol
and watch people will pay it too....ESP if its "better" than vector or people think it is...maybe not tho, maybe itll b just as much as vector? or maybe just a few bucks more?
well see i guess...
gw-thnx for chiming in here...wasnt tryin to be too hard a cheerleader earlier, just generally trust what u say...
correct me if im wrong here...
so if this new stuff is actually like the msds says, that would make it
basically the closest thing to going and getting a tank of pure n-tane available on the market?

also have you used this type of set up yet? or do u have any 411 on what the benefits of doing a pure nbutane run are vs the refills mixed w propane and iso?

like what is it supposed to be the actually benefit of the n butane? does it yield more or taste better in the end? sorry for the bombardment..lol

ill take my answer off the air

M

montroller

Nikka T said that N-butane pulls a different terpenoid profile than Vector. I thought this was kind of interesting and chopped it up to the presence of propane in Vector. Apparently he was implying that BHO made with Vector tasted better than BHO from N-Butane.

Could this be because the higher water solubility of propane pulls more water soluble terpenoids? Are any terps water soluble?

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

no idea...guess well see...just goin by gws initial quote, i think more chlorophyll would taste not as good, but what i do know is i will be doin a side by side test onceit hits market n def see what the skinny is

Top Bottom