For getting rid of fungus gnats and root aphidss

• Thread starter DavidMykel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DavidMykel

DavidMykel

To get rid of fungus gnats and root aphids get hydrogen peroxyde 3% and 50 % alcohol in a big watering can mix 1 part peroxyde and 1 part isopropyl alcohol to 5 parts water, so it should be about say if you done 600 ml thered be 100 ml of each peroxyde and 100 ml of alcohol, bam, peroxyde kills any eggs and the alcohol kills the bugs through consumption

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

BudhaSticks

BudhaSticks

Fungus Fuckers

Well I got sick and tired of seeing my poor stunted girls doing battle in the rooting zone with these Sciaridae Flies.

D. Earth didn't work in last grow, Sand didn't work, Yellow Stickies caught some flying fuckers. But soil bound larvae kept reproducing.

Success*******
Yesterday I bought a bottle (EXPENSIVE) of Tanlin , (Organic)
2 drops in 4 ltrs of water, drenched the girls, + sprayed for the flying fuckers.

I am not a sales rep. No Gnats seen flying today, will check each morning.I will drench again next water.

I hope this helps somebody else.

Cheers

BudhaSticks

BudhaSticks

Update. Gnats appear under control. Occasional gnat seen on top of sand. Population decreased dramatically. Will apply with weekly water.

Last edited:
Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Update. Gnats appear under contr6. Occasional gnat seen on top of sand. Population decreased dramatically. Will apply with weekly water.

Thanks for posting, I was fighting them with all kinds of sprays to no avail. The only thing that stopped them for me was sand but if I get them again I'll try this instead. Sand makes it a pain to topdress which is how I typically feed.

BudhaSticks

BudhaSticks

Yes sand on top, Have reverted to liquid fert hand watering also. I precharged top with worm castings then sand on top.

Top Bottom