for those who have grown out LAD please read I need an honest opinion

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

Not to throw fuel on a fire, but my Alien encounter is an ongoing drama.
From five Alien Rock Candy seedlings I got one nice female.
Half way through flower she got a bad stem fungal attack and had to be culled. (My fault)
I dried the early flowers and that small jar of bud is now equal to my two stable staples, White Fire, and a pre 98 Bubba.
I have a cut of her week one of flower.
This Alien Rock Candy is a keeper for me, and four more prospects are in sex scan phase.
Very excited.

O

Organicyumyum

Yeah out of 11 seeds I am working with 8 females :) the one I'm thinking about rolling this on is the prize out of the 8 so far and it smells ridiculous compared to the other ones it's got such a strong funk to it I had to stop and say whoa what the fuck was that and those were exact words lol. And it's built like a champ I just wanna make sure I'm about to do the right thing here before I go off gambling.

if you gamble, you're always risking getting screwed. You're likely to get fire with Alien's seeds, but there is always a chance the one you picked turns out to be the dud. you never know what the keeper is until it's dried and smoked imho.

neck

neck

img_3600-jpg.256178

fwiw...out of four females there were three distinct phenos. 2 were very similar...and then two other phenos. the winner, in my book, is pictured above.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Hey QB, take some cuts of them girls and flower the plants out. Smoke the finished product and make your choice. I usually have my friends and patients help me out with that. I have 3 TA's going now and 2 have strong smells. The one that smells the least has a better tasting smoke so far from testers. The one shorter one( that I like the structure of most) has a great smell but the smoke is not as tasty. And Im sure you know that some of these can change after a little cure. So anyways my point being is do a test run and if your not sure do another test run till ya find what your looking for.:)
Looks like a Killa neck!
img_3600-jpg.256178

fwiw...out of four females there were three distinct phenos. 2 were very similar...and then two other phenos. the winner, in my book, is pictured above.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I look at it like this if out start with superior genetics the odds are in your favor and not as much of a crap shoot alien's gear is most deff classified as superior genetics. So I would take 1 cut of each pheno flower it out and then choose flowering from clone is a must imop to see the total potential of the said pheno but dnt just fill your whole room with untested phenos even though i'm sure most will be dank and you would prolly be fine why take the risk unless all you have is new plants from seed then i would go with what others have had the best success with like tahoe alien every ta i have seen flowered has ben AAA dank.

S

swisscheese

seriously take the one plant you think is a keeper and get it tested by a lab . every pheno is different including the anyone else have experience with LAD people ... cmon if you think it's good then get it tested .. labs results can tell you how potent it will be even before the plant is grown all the way out , as the matter of fact you can have a vegging plant tested to see what the thc cbd ect ect lavels will be ... and just because one person might not have good results from lad or great results from lad don't mean you'll find the same ... and lastly if the parents are fire then you should be able to find an expression that is fire..

OBS I've had much of my gear tested for thc cbd etc and have never heard of having a veg plant tested. What lab do you use and what specifically is the test I should be asking for on my veg plants to determine potential thc etc? I'm very interested in having my veg plants tested now and thanks for posting up the old thread about growing in beds made life 10x easier.

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
OBS I've had much of my gear tested for thc cbd etc and have never heard of having a veg plant tested. What lab do you use and what specifically is the test I should be asking for on my veg plants to determine potential thc etc? I'm very interested in having my veg plants tested now and thanks for posting up the old thread about growing in beds made life 10x easier.

any lab can test the plant material .. it is just the standard test .. i read that steephill was doing this so i contacted another lab and asked . i was gifted a certain plant and i wanted to make sure it was indeed a high cbd plant so before wasting months of veg and flower time on a fake i had it tested as a young vegging plant , the results came back as i hoped then to quantify the veg plant results i had it retested upon end of flower cycle . the results were spot on to what was expected, now when i start seeds i test them before flowering to see which ones are highest in thc cbd ect ect , i also get a complete terpene profile so i can also tell not only if the plant will be potent but will it stank ... the testing has proven a huge time and money saver..

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

any lab can test the plant material .. it is just the standard test .. i read that steephill was doing this so i contacted another lab and asked . i was gifted a certain plant and i wanted to make sure it was indeed a high cbd plant so before wasting months of veg and flower time on a fake i had it tested as a young vegging plant , the results came back as i hoped then to quantify the veg plant results i had it retested upon end of flower cycle . the results were spot on to what was expected, now when i start seeds i test them before flowering to see which ones are highest in thc cbd ect ect , i also get a complete terpene profile so i can also tell not only if the plant will be potent but will it stank ... the testing has proven a huge time and money saver..

we need more info on this and as to how they calculate such figures considering there is so many inaccuracies amongst different testing methods/machines.

And to be able to test for a terpene profile....damn....sounds awesome....I want more info....this is the first I've heard of any of this.

S

swisscheese

Thanks I'm going to contact my lab and see whats up.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

That's pretty bad ass I am gonna have to give this some looking into for sure... I wonder how testing would work on male plants....

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Wow, thats absolutely killer info, thanks Obs. This could be supremely valuable in many ways. Even identifying cuts of harder to obtain strains when theres a lot of fakes being passed around. If the real cuts' full terpene profile is known/documented, cuttings could be tested to see if they match, if not, then the fake could be tossed. That could save a shit ton of time, money, and frustration. What does this particular group of tests cost? Approximate cost is fine since im not in your area. Thanks again for the info Big Dog, good shit! Peace Obs! Motiv

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Wow, thats absolutely killer info, thanks Obs. This could be supremely valuable in many ways. Even identifying cuts of harder to obtain strains when theres a lot of fakes being passed around. If the real cuts' full terpene profile is known/documented, cuttings could be tested to see if they match, if not, then the fake could be tossed. That could save a shit ton of time, money, and frustration. What does this particular group of tests cost? Approximate cost is fine since im not in your area. Thanks again for the info Big Dog, good shit! Peace Obs! Motiv
That's a good point too about authenticating cuts... how much more legit can you get? Can you say you are the father (Maury voice) lol... that's like a paternity test for plants.

Top Bottom