for you guys getting 1g/watt...

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danko

what strain/nutes/method/lights/medium/temps/veg time/training techniques are you using when you achieve 1g/watt???

ignore what ive posted below if you like, its just my particular sitcho that im trying to get 1g/w from... any advice on it would be appreciated as well!

ive got 4 600's and 2 400's . ive got 4 sour diesle clones(veged about 10 days) and 4 bubble gum clones(veged about 5 days) all the gifts are in soil of unknown type. the dude i got em from never checked his ph, his temps, and barly used any nutes and still got pretty decent results for the past 3 years or so! + he had no real intake, just a small ac, but it felt hot as shit to me when i was in there.so i think i can smoke his results with a proper stratagy...

i need 1g/watt, ive never got there before. i plan on vegging for a month maybe 3 weeks depending on how they look. im using 4 gal pots with ffof mixed half with perlite. bc nutes for base, tarantula and perahna from AN in veg, and using big bud and overdrive from AN in flower with the bc as well. tons of intake air from outside. temps in mid to low 70's RH at 40 to 50%. i cant think of any other info to give you, except that my dudes plants that i got didnt seem to mind his high temps, do you know if these strains might respond better to 80's then 70's? also ive painted my floor white, and surrounded the grow in white poly. im taking the glass off my hoods for max lumens. i will be scrogging 4 plants under each 600 to start will change it to one each in the future when i can veg for 4 to 5 weeks each. the light are in a square config and will have a supplimental 400 in the middle, i got it may as well use it!

thanks guys, sorry for such a long post just wanted to make sure i gave all the correcct info! peace out

thanks guys and gals. with me luck, my new rooms pretty killer and i think ive got all my bases coved.

R

Rolln J

you have it under control sounds like - main thing about getting 1g/watt really is the strain - I think youd be hard pressed to get 1g/watt growing bubblegum...

some strains your not gonna get that no matter how long you veg.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
28 day veg master kush x bubba kush,Co2 1500ppm,Advance nutriance,6x 1000 watts,Roots soil 5 gallon pots, 2 lbs per light...:smiley_joint:

R

Rolln J

nice jack - 2 of my favs in one exciting strain - hows that smoke bro? I think I read these were someing to the farm soon...

Im running sour grapes now (purple elephant x sour d) and its looking like I should get that, maybe a bit more. I only vegged em for 11 days and have 25 under 1k.

G

GroHi

Besides picking a "yielder", you could try vertical. Depending upon how you run it, how much effort you wish to employ & effectiveness, you can pretty consistently pull 3lb per 1k every 75crop. In a different life, different place, different status of legality...

M

Michael_Eaton

I would like to know if anyone has pulled 1g/watt using just 1x1000w over a 5'x5'...

Anyone?

R

Rolln J

how about over a 4x4? I never spread my 1000 out more then 4x4

G

GroHi

Here ya go... it's actually a 5x5 footprint though canopy is at 2', so 4x4 effective... the extra foot is for the rack system. Cut it in half (don't run it to the ceiling) & hand water a circle of pots on the floor... 3lb, if done right... 3.5+ if done only to yield (no quality concerns).

Some work, mind you... peace.

R

Rolln J

wow sick - I love to see these innovative setups - more pix plz - lol

G

GroHi

Different life... in fact he died... lol ;-))

Just kept saying to myself, "you can do it, duffy moon!"

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

what strain/nutes/method/lights/medium/temps/veg time/training techniques are you using when you achieve 1g/watt???

ignore what ive posted below if you like, its just my particular sitcho that im trying to get 1g/w from... any advice on it would be appreciated as well!

ive got 4 600's and 2 400's . ive got 4 sour diesle clones(veged about 10 days) and 4 bubble gum clones(veged about 5 days) all the gifts are in soil of unknown type. the dude i got em from never checked his ph, his temps, and barly used any nutes and still got pretty decent results for the past 3 years or so! + he had no real intake, just a small ac, but it felt hot as shit to me when i was in there.so i think i can smoke his results with a proper stratagy...

i need 1g/watt, ive never got there before. i plan on vegging for a month maybe 3 weeks depending on how they look. im using 4 gal pots with ffof mixed half with perlite. bc nutes for base, tarantula and perahna from AN in veg, and using big bud and overdrive from AN in flower with the bc as well. tons of intake air from outside. temps in mid to low 70's RH at 40 to 50%. i cant think of any other info to give you, except that my dudes plants that i got didnt seem to mind his high temps, do you know if these strains might respond better to 80's then 70's? also ive painted my floor white, and surrounded the grow in white poly. im taking the glass off my hoods for max lumens. i will be scrogging 4 plants under each 600 to start will change it to one each in the future when i can veg for 4 to 5 weeks each. the light are in a square config and will have a supplimental 400 in the middle, i got it may as well use it!

thanks guys, sorry for such a long post just wanted to make sure i gave all the correcct info! peace out

thanks guys and gals. with me luck, my new rooms pretty killer and i think ive got all my bases coved.

Everythang ur doing sounds great, except u need to shit can them 6 & 400 watters and get u some thousands watters u need more lumins son, Ive been busting 3 ps a light with my SK#1 for years I grow in beds, and I use advanceds nutes also the full 2+ line, heres some SK#1 38 days of 12/12, theres 40 of them in a 5x6 area with a 10 day veg, its about 1 1/2 lights, i got well over 3 1/2 ps outa that run:ninja, u need a better producing strain to, good luck in ur ventures.

DSC00443
DSC00449
G

GroHi

So, danko, there it is. Bottom line is that genetics & style/system are important, but ultimately it's the ability of the grower to dial in their situation to the specific plants they have. I'm thinking 15/15 (genetics/set-up) to 70 (grower). In retrospect, wish I went trying to grow the dank on a very small scale as the first & foremost goal, but as w most people, tried to put the cart in front of the horse... probably lost a good year by that route. Peace.

D

danko

thanks guys thats all good info! i keep hearing advanced and i know why. when i used it my buds were amazaing and that is in a 5' tall crawl space if you can believe that, with a muddy ass floor and shit, it sucked working down there.

but for the dude who remomended 1000's over 6's for lumens,, i saw on some charts that 6's produced more lumens per watt then G's.

is anyone getten those results on 6oo's???

G

GroHi

That's pretty marginal...

600w @ 90000 rated = 150 lumens/watt
1000w @ 148000 rated = 148 lumens/watt

Ultimately, it'll depend on your sizing/spacing/design layout. Personally, the depth you gain in penetration & cast width is far more important than the rated conversion factors. 1k just equals more PAR at greater depths... can't beat em for that, which is what counts. BTW, par is a better measurement of effectiveness to plant growth... we'll be switching over i would venture...?

Thanks to comments jah, rj, mf & d!

There are many ways to skin a cat. Rather than going all compulsive like the earlier pics, can do the more in line w modern plant counts & still pull the big numbers, hand water or w system...

Okay, let's see the other designs now... ;-)

R

Rolln J

you can look at charts all day about 600's v 1000's - bottom line is this....

1000's grow bigger denser buds - 25 years of indoor growing tells me this!

D

danko

you can look at charts all day about 600's v 1000's - bottom line is this....

1000's grow bigger denser buds - 25 years of indoor growing tells me this!

word! thanks guys, i wish it was that easy to scrap the 6's and get some G's lol

i am doing a scrog tho so im hoping penitration wont be as nesassery. you know? or is that not correct?

R

Rolln J

thx bro! I stepped out for a few years because I had kids (93-96) but then came along prop 215 and I was back on the train!

Top Bottom