Forestry peat pellets

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

globe_toker

Anyone ever use those large peat pellets? It's for starting indoors then moving outdoors.....

They are 50mm x 95mm I believe..... so 2"x3.75" fully expanded. The size is a bit larger than the traditional ones. I think the regular ones are a little small to be honest.

The size of these ones should allow for 3 weeks of growth before throwing into the ground..... Any input on that? Comparison with other sizes?

Really what it comes down to is getting the numbers out without carrying in larger starts (1 gallon bags.) Just for stealth and security measures, 1-2 trips will be made instead of 15 for example.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Haven't even seen those, but the one year I did try peat pucks for starting (all kinds of) seeds, I had an abysmal germination rate. Unfortunately, I can't really speak to any of what you bring up, but I can serve up great bump.

G

globe_toker

I always germinate my seeds then plant them. I wouldn't want to rely on the initial germination with the pellets, only sprouting them really.

I'm interested in these just because you can load a lot of them up in a small space (space efficient.)

The larger ones have a guerilla grower appeal to them but at the same time you hear stories about negative results with the pellets. I'm a fan of their pots but they are large.

Also, seems like they aren't really available in retail stores. You have to order them online....

G

globe_toker

70000107.jpg
novoselenterprises sells them. there are actually larger ones, 150mm which is pretty big compared to the regular ones.

Top Bottom