Forever Flowering Greenhouse

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

We're on a 12KW solar array, courtesy federal stimulus funds. The total package was around $90K, but that included new HVAC systems (completely new) and new insulation envelope for the house, and an 8KW back-up gennie.

Here's to a smooth escrow and no hiccups!
There are far too many ignorant dipshits to ensure a smooth sale, and I am in a slightly different situation than you. We've backed out of home sales and gotten screwed out of sales and in every single case the escrow has been returned in full. Our last house we got a full price offer from the first guy to see it, so it leaves the listings. Prior to closing, we were notified that he wanted gutter guards installed or a $10k reduction in price. We don't compromise very much, especially for non-structural or cosmetic issues. He got his entire escrow back.

Home buyers are learning that they can come in early and high, secure the property or at least have it go off-the-list, and then start low-balling or making ridiculous requests in an attempt to lower the sales price, knowing the whole time they will get their money back if they back out.

But, good luck.

muir

muir

There are far too many ignorant dipshits to ensure a smooth sale, and I am in a slightly different situation than you. We've backed out of home sales and gotten screwed out of sales and in every single case the escrow has been returned in full. Our last house we got a full price offer from the first guy to see it, so it leaves the listings. Prior to closing, we were notified that he wanted gutter guards installed or a $10k reduction in price. We don't compromise very much, especially for non-structural or cosmetic issues. He got his entire escrow back.

Home buyers are learning that they can come in early and high, secure the property or at least have it go off-the-list, and then start low-balling or making ridiculous requests in an attempt to lower the sales price, knowing the whole time they will get their money back if they back out.

But, good luck.
Sounds like you need to use a competent real estate agent.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

But, good luck.
Damn, what state and what kind of sales are we talking about here? That sure is some fishy-assed shit, messed up to say the least!

BubbaG

BubbaG

This home was on the market for 3 days and that's because it was over a weekend.... otherwise would have sold the same day. I put an offer down ~3% over asking..... what it takes in a nice no-HOA neighborhood nowadays. There were already 2 offers, but I got the contract because I had a good agent that knows his business. He doesn't drive a BMW lol, he drives a Ford super duty with a don't tread on me bumper sticker. Now the inspection has turned up some real items to fix, nothing huge or a deal killer, but bet your ass ima get some of that 3% back, that's how it works bro....

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

This home was on the market for 3 days and that's because it was over a weekend.... otherwise would have sold the same day. I put an offer down ~3% over asking..... what it takes in a nice no-HOA neighborhood nowadays. There were already 2 offers, but I got the contract because I had a good agent that knows his business. He doesn't drive a BMW lol, he drives a Ford super duty with a don't tread on me bumper sticker. Now the inspection has turned up some real items to fix, nothing huge or a deal killer, but bet your ass ima get some of that 3% back, that's how it works bro....
Unless they purchase without inspection...Big no-no for the buyer.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

It's a lot of money.
Why the need for light Dep? Seems a lot of extra $$$ versus contacting the local lumber yard and getting some rolls of poly.
Kinda hot to pull midsummers crop, unless you're really, really high :)

3G Labs

3G Labs

I'd def go with heated radiant flooring....using a combo of solar collectors, solar power and a tad bit of electricity to run your pumps. Take full advantage of our 300 plus days of CO sunshine. Keep us posted.

That's the right direction we all should be trying to go

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Sounds like you need to use a competent real estate agent.
Competence isn't the problem, motivation for repeat business is. We continue to look, but real estate agents are lazy, in my opinion. We would like to purchase, then sell, between 6 and 10 houses per year. We give our parameters to our agent and they come back with a list of possible properties. Any idiot can look at the multi-list, but we can't seem to find an agent that wants to 'work'. I'm sure that we are high maintenance to them, and they are lazy in our opinion. We haven't had the same agent for more than three house sales over 30-ish flips since 2009. Our best agents are new in the industry looking to establish relationships. The first house sale is always good, but we have never been able to 'keep the pace' of the first couple of sales for an extended period of time.

I'm sure I am missing something, but I don't understand why an agent would only work with new home buyers and refuse to do business with repeat home buyers like us, who want to purchase and sell multiple houses during the year. So they earn commission on the buy and the sale for each of our houses. Seems like a pretty good gig. Like I said, I'm sure I am missing something.

Sorry to hijack.

BubbaG

BubbaG

@Dopegeist true bro, it is a lot of money, but I'm tired of rigging shit. It will be climate controlled btw

B

basement bob

@BubbaG and by climate controlled are you planning on using water chilled air handlers? I'm curious because I have a a system that I just love and I think it's perfect for the greenhouse light dep project. If the greenhouse is sealed it can get really hot, really quickly with full sun. I worked at a very poorly ran greenhouse now for sale (PM me for the link to the website if your interested) that wouldn't repair a single roof panel that allowed hot air out the top via automatic vents and we baked plants and people all day.
This greenhouse was 8820 sq ft and was the worst use of space I have ever seen in my short life in all business. But it had a high tech Wadsworth EnviroStep Climate
Control System that I was just learning to program......And sits on 3.5 acres....... I fell in love with it, but alas, capital is not high now.

And that's that story.

Bob

BubbaG

BubbaG

The greenhouse is designed to accept an Evap cooler, but I intend to cool it via AC instead. Yes, it will take serious cooling capacity.

The good news is that this greenhouse has a double polycarbonate wall/roof .... which is part of why it's as expensive as it is. I expect that to contribute considerably towards the efficiency of heating and cooling due to the added insulation

Top Bottom