forgot afew things on the hydro system????

• Thread starter walshy0913
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

walshy0913

so i dont no everything tht i needed to no...im using filtered tap water tht is probably not newhr near the ph and was figuring tht u would prolly need to no the ph of tht to determine the mixture but if im wrong correct me...another question is wat is ppm and whr does it come into factor with the water before and after u add the nuts...im looking for a complete guide to mixing a solution which i havnt exactly found in any guides or the forum and a check list u could say of wat i need to do on a regular basis forexample testing water and wen and how often...how to tell if sumthin is going wrong before it all goes down hill..its asking alot but if ur dedicated and have a lil patients andwana help someone out tht would b great...thnks shawn

sog1313

sog1313

tap water is usually too high pH to use directly. you need to get a pH tester of some sort (strips or digital meter) and some hydroponic pH adjusters to make it right (5.5-5.8). ppm's are the amount of nutrients and other stuff available in the water, you can check with a digital meter. you need to account for the ppm's in the water before adding nutrients since they will make it higher. example, my tap water is about 70 ppm already so when i add nutes i want the total ppm to be around 300 so then i have about 250 ppm of nutrients, which is the level i want. as for mixing nutes, go by the bottle but never ever go full strength the first time. start at half strength or less and see what your plants need.

Top Bottom