Forgotten one

• Thread starter Compost Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Compost Man

I've forgotten one of the most important tool, universal pH litmus paper.💙✌️🇺🇸🇨🇦

Forgotten one
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've forgotten one of the most important tool, universal pH litmus paper.💙🇺🇸🇨🇦
Litmus paper? I found that a $20 (amazon) ph tester is better than the paper tests. With the paper its too hard for this old guys eyes to read accurately with the tester I can see the difference between say 6.78 & 7.22 That's tough to do with paper.

C

Compost Man

Litmus paper? I found that a $20 (amazon) ph tester is better than the paper tests. With the paper its too hard for this old guys eyes to read accurately with the tester I can see the difference between say 6.78 & 7.22 That's tough to do with paper.
I majored in soil sciences, and have tested many Farmers Fields. You must be near blind ?
I've Glacoma and have had type 1 diabetes for 53 out of 60 years !! For NPK the soil testing kits are really good. With COMPOST never a need too check the NPK.🤓✌️🇺🇸🇨🇦

C

Compost Man

I majored in soil sciences, and have tested many Farmers Fields. You must be near blind ?
I've Glacoma and have had type 1 diabetes for 53 out of 60 years !! For NPK the soil testing kits are really good. With COMPOST never a need too check the NPK.🤓🇺🇸🇨🇦
And with ORGANICS ADD AS MUCH AS YOU WANT 👍

C

Compost Man

I've Glacoma and have had type 1 diabetes for 53 out of 60 years !! For NPK the soil testing kits are really good. With COMPOST never a need too check the NPK.🤓🇺🇸🇨🇦
PH your looking for is 6.0 -6.5 for Cannibis

SinCity

SinCity

wait--what the hell are you doing testing farmer's fields if you're not checking NPK? Just other mineral salts?

C

Compost Man

most of us would agree with you on pH of 6 or 6.1, (6.5 is a little high)--but how the hell do you get any accuracy with strips??
Test all mixed liquid ORGANIC ( always pretty close to proper pH) fertilizers first. For containers, test drainages, or take some medium put it in DISTILLED water, shake it up and test the juice !!🤓✌️🇺🇸🇨🇦

C

Compost Man

wait--what the hell are you doing testing farmer's fields if you're not checking NPK? Just other mineral salts?
?? Includes NPK and pH values.
Also C.E.C. CATION EXCHANGE CAPACITY to determine the Pedigree of the soil. ORGANIC matter Also. Take the samples of soil mix it in a mason jar shske it up, let it settle for 24 hrs. Look at the DIFFERENT layers. Sand silt clay &raw ORGANIC matter.
But that's in an AGRICULTURAL SETTING
IE FARMERS FIELDS ✌️👍🇺🇸🇨🇦👣

SinCity

SinCity

?? Includes NPK and pH values.
Also C.E.C. CATION EXCHANGE CAPACITY to determine the Pedigree of the soil. ORGANIC matter Also. Take the samples of soil mix it in a mason jar shske it up, let it settle for 24 hrs. Look at the DIFFERENT layers. Sand silt clay &raw ORGANIC matter.
But that's in an AGRICULTURAL SETTING
IE FARMERS FIELDS ✌👍🇺🇸🇨🇦👣
i just didn't understand saying if you're using compost, you don't need to check NPK

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
most of us would agree with you on pH of 6 or 6.1, (6.5 is a little high)--but how the hell do you get any accuracy with strips??
You dont get a very accurate reading with the strips, lol. You need a decent PH meter to get a precise reading of the PH.

SinCity

SinCity

I certainly don't have too check my containers, not an Ag. Crop Field ✌👍

i have a master's in environmental management and did several soil science classes. we dig, look, taste, and feel. then we run a nutrient analysis. and compost should absolutely be tested for alot of things, including nutrient and microbial levels. IMO...

C

Compost Man

i have a master's in environmental management and did several soil science classes. we dig, look, taste, and feel. then we run a nutrient analysis. and compost should absolutely be tested for alot of things, including nutrient and microbial levels. IMO...
My stuff goes to the States Master Gardeners in August too be certified. Then it's off to T-A&M for Organic Certification. Hopefully with O.M.R.I. one day. 👈?

SinCity

SinCity

My stuff goes to the States Master Gardeners in August too be certified. Then it's off to T-A&M for Organic Certification. Hopefully with O.M.R.I. one day. 👈?

help me understand then why you would say you dont test for npk when using compost?

Top Bottom