Former dispensary operator gets 6-year prison term in pot case

• Thread starter urbanfog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urbanfog

urbanfog

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/24/54...dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#mi_rss=Latest News

A former Sacramento dispensary operator, who courted the high life as a marijuana entrepreneur with an MTV audition tape and closet full of cash, was sentenced Friday to spend six years in federal prison.
Bryan Smith, 28, was the last of six defendants to be sentenced in a case involving a south Sacramento dispensary, the R&R Wellness Collective, multiple growing houses, stolen electricity and pot distribution to Southern California.
In Sacramento, the city-registered dispensary was operating as a purportedly non-profit business providing medical marijuana to people with doctors' recommendations for medical use.
But in a raid on Smith's Elk Grove home, authorities found what they described as an apparent audition tape for an MTV program - "True Life" - that featured a pot-themed segment called, "I'm in the marijuana business," and portrayed lavish rewards.
On the tape, the young dispensary operator bragged of taking in $100,000 every 40 to 60 days from marijuana. In a closet in his master bedroom, authorities said they found $256,476 in cash. They also discovered $16,733 in a backpack found in his truck.
"Every day, I'm in fear of being raided by the feds," Smith, who later pleaded guilty to federal drug charges, said on the video.
Authorities, including Elk Grove Police and a Sacramento drug task force, found 139 pounds of marijuana at the dispensary and hundreds of pot plants at other locations. Authorities said growing rooms were rigged to steal electricity and some of the marijuana was sold far from the dispensary in San Diego.
Smith's father, Kelly Smith, 55, was earlier sentenced to 18 months in federal prison in the case. Co-defendants Daniel Goldsmith, 27, of Galt, Ryder Phillips, 27, of Galt and Robert Klaus, 36, of San Diego were each sentenced to two years. Another defendant, Bruce Goldsmith, 61, of Galt was sentenced to a year and a day in prison.

Read more here: News#storylink=cpy

reeldrag

reeldrag

Good fucking scum bag these dispensorys r a joke everyone on here knows its about the cash with these dirt bags I'm sick of them giving all good farmers a bad name most of the people here on the farm believe in what mmj can do and 99.9 % of us aren't making any money we r here to help our fellow human being I'm sick of these clowns enjoy the showers at san quenton

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I bet he still required vendors to do "consignment". Closet filled with cash, how compassionate is that.
They can all afford to pay cort but they never will as long as dumbass growers keep doing fronts/consignment,I dont even blame the dispensary owners for taking advantage,that falls on the growers who let them get away with it then cry when they dont get paid or have to wait months(if their lucky).

urbanfog

urbanfog

I had always heard this dispensary was shady. Glad I never got involved with them. So much for "compassion" :(

vaporedout

vaporedout

i remember that club, the wife and i used to shake our heads at 65 dollar eights. dont worry , grams were only 20 each..... im not sure which one of the guys this is, but the one guy i pegged as the owner did look like a punk. its shit like this that gives MJ a bad name. i remember at work when this went down, co-workers were giving me a hard time because i was the only smoker. i can still remember the shit they were spewing. one thing ive realized though with all these stories.... DONT STEAL ELECTRICITY!!! it seems to get big grows shut down all the time.

K

kolah

Stealing electric? Who really knows the real story. Cops lie all the time about shit. It's almost par for the course for them to lie and boost up the plant counts, weight the fucking plants in the pot (with the dirt) to up the pounds....and then they throw on some outrageous "street price."

J

jaybudding

Maybe that's what the cash was for he was saving up so he could pay for electricity on his next grow! Electric is expensive in Cali maybe he owes Edison and couldn't get it on in his name just saying because it is stupid to think yeah I can pay for it but NAH id rather steal it. Some people think its actually better to stay off the grid and that stealing electricity is a way to do it well they can tell when they are losing that much power when numbers don't add up they investigate?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

man i love when they give those high street prices.... like 50 1 gal plant "worth 5k each" LOLOLOL.

so when shit gets dismissed you can say "shit you guys said it was worth 250K not me! GIVE ME MY MONEY" hahaha

Top Bottom