Formula Change?

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey there, we have been using this product now for a little while, 5 months or so. Following the lead of other as well as @Capulator recipe to eradicate RA. well it seemed to work well the first few months, now it is literally doing nothing. All directions are followed to the T. We have seen RA crawling around 24, 48, and 72 hours later and very little if any dead fungus covered bodies. Even a week after treatment. THis stuff is not cheap and we are on a pretty decent scale, 64 k worth of lighting.
We see better and more consistent results from using Evergreen root drench. I would ask, What am I doing wrong?, however, nothing has change save the bags of OGbio as we use them up with little to no decrease in population we can quantify.
Also when used for a small pm outbreak, we followed Caps directions on the foliar only to see an increase of visible pm on other plants. not sure if we just got a bad batch but I did notice the lack of specific stain of B. subtillus. and maybe this is the reason the fungus was not effective? I dont know. I do believe as a result of increased humidity in grow room resulted in a high level of infection due to the fact that we spared the plants applying the OGBio
Any help?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey there, we have been using this product now for a little while, 5 months or so. Following the lead of other as well as @Capulator recipe to eradicate RA. well it seemed to work well the first few months, now it is literally doing nothing. All directions are followed to the T. We have seen RA crawling around 24, 48, and 72 hours later and very little if any dead fungus covered bodies. Even a week after treatment. THis stuff is not cheap and we are on a pretty decent scale, 64 k worth of lighting.
We see better and more consistent results from using Evergreen root drench. I would ask, What am I doing wrong?, however, nothing has change save the bags of OGbio as we use them up with little to no decrease in population we can quantify.
Also when used for a small pm outbreak, we followed Caps directions on the foliar only to see an increase of visible pm on other plants. not sure if we just got a bad batch but I did notice the lack of specific stain of B. subtillus. and maybe this is the reason the fungus was not effective? I dont know. I do believe as a result of increased humidity in grow room resulted in a high level of infection due to the fact that we spared the plants applying the OGBio
Any help?
So I had and got rid of root aphids. The foliar pack imo was a major help and probably one of the reasons I still don't have them. But and I'm not saying it can't win alone but I think u need more than just the foliar pack. I used merit 75 one treatment in veg. Followed by a spectricide treatment seven days later. Inoculated all soil and Coco with met 52. Spray and water the foliar pack once weekly. I've been clear for a couple months now and no signs of reinfestation. I also completely broke down my room and sprayed with a pesticide as well as dripped two bombs and cleaned every single inch of anything in the room. After saying that there are confirmed cases of people winning with just the foliar pack but I think you would be better served using it as a prong in a multi pronged strategy. Good luck. You can win don't get discouraged!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Any help?

The foliar pack will not get rid of root aphids 100%. It will get your through flower if you have them. Can I ask a question? Even though you see the aphids are you showing a lot of symptoms from damage.

When I had RA a couple months back I treated 5 large plants with foliar pack every week through harvest, and left one alone untreated. The difference was major. The untreated plant gave me about an 80% less yield compared to the treated, and basically just lost all of it's leaves and was super sick looking, while the treated ones looked uber healthy like they didnt even have the RA, but there were DEFINITELY RA still in the pots and crawling around. I will dig up some pics of treated vs. untreated if you are interested. After that run I scrapped the grow and cleaned everything, took fresh cuts and trashed moms, and have been RA free since.

The label is different but the ingredients are the same. BEavaria, Met, bacillus, they are all in there. The only thing I wonder about is maybe there was a mix up and I fucked up and put the wrong formula in your bag. Like maybe nute pack in the foliar pack bag, which would be useless.

Hit me up so I can make this right. I am happy to send you another batch to test at no charge, or refund you if you were unsatisfied.

As a preventative root and foliar pack teas work wonders for me, but to cure heavy infestations after they are already in place is more difficult.

Tnelz

Tnelz

The foliar pack will not get rid of root aphids 100%. It will get your through flower if you have them. Can I ask a question? Even though you see the aphids are you showing a lot of symptoms from damage.

When I had RA a couple months back I treated 5 large plants with foliar pack every week through harvest, and left one alone untreated. The difference was major. The untreated plant gave me about an 80% less yield compared to the treated, and basically just lost all of it's leaves and was super sick looking, while the treated ones looked uber healthy like they didnt even have the RA, but there were DEFINITELY RA still in the pots and crawling around. I will dig up some pics of treated vs. untreated if you are interested. After that run I scrapped the grow and cleaned everything, took fresh cuts and trashed moms, and have been RA free since.

The label is different but the ingredients are the same. BEavaria, Met, bacillus, they are all in there. The only thing I wonder about is maybe there was a mix up and I fucked up and put the wrong formula in your bag. Like maybe nute pack in the foliar pack bag, which would be useless.

Hit me up so I can make this right. I am happy to send you another batch to test at no charge, or refund you if you were unsatisfied.

As a preventative root and foliar pack teas work wonders for me, but to cure heavy infestations after they are already in place is more difficult.
Your a good man cap!

homebrew420

homebrew420

Sorry if there was an error on my part I use both foliar and root whenever the products are used. I will also point out that we are not battling an infestation. this is part of our standard protocol for the last 5 or so months. along with evergreen and/or pyganic. both of wich will give a solid knock back of 80%+. OGBio had worked in the past for us I know this to be true because you could see the fugal ridden carcasses of the bastards.Just the last bags we purchased, not directly from you I might add, I saw near zero fungal activity, and still a few RA walking around. Kinda strange. I hope I didn't piss anyone off by posting here.

Thank you @Capulator I will of course revisit this with the crew here at the garden. But fairly certain the dosage and application was proper. certainly nothing less than what we had used in the past.

Thanks again.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Next time buy direct from the source. There is a possibility that the packs were not cared for properly and the fungal cultures died. I am not familiar with evergreen or pyganic. I will look in to those. thank you for your honest feedback and please let me know what I can do to make it right.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Sorry if there was an error on my part I use both foliar and root whenever the products are used. I will also point out that we are not battling an infestation. this is part of our standard protocol for the last 5 or so months. along with evergreen and/or pyganic. both of wich will give a solid knock back of 80%+. OGBio had worked in the past for us I know this to be true because you could see the fugal ridden carcasses of the bastards.Just the last bags we purchased, not directly from you I might add, I saw near zero fungal activity, and still a few RA walking around. Kinda strange. I hope I didn't piss anyone off by posting here.

Thank you @Capulator I will of course revisit this with the crew here at the garden. But fairly certain the dosage and application was proper. certainly nothing less than what we had used in the past.

Thanks again.

Just a thought….and I'm not sure about your rotation of your preventatives, but… perhaps the RA's have built up a resistance. I know Caps packs have lots of different spores, but if you are brewing the exact same tea every time, then the RA's will have a chance to build said tolerance since your ratios will theoretically be the same.
I rotate my tea brews in 4 ways. This is standard protocol for me
First week top dress with homemade bokashi. then caps 8 hour brew plus a pineapple papaya FPE.
Week 2 Caps 24 hour brew with activated em-1 added the last 15 minutes.
Week 3 Caps 4 hour brew plus Em-5 added last 15 minutes.
Repeat
I'll state that I don't live anywhere near this RA epidemic, so I don't deal with those. And I'm certainly no pro. I just keep e-m, bokashi, and caps around for general plant health and fungus gnat prevention. Also, it could be a fake product. Get from cap, he'll have that to you in couple of days. Best of luck!

straincreation

straincreation

Fuck R.A.'s sorry i had to say it.
Once and never again i will lose my shit if i ever see those little assholes in my garden. Why i left hydro behind.
i hope we dont have super R.A's here. There is just so many factors at play here.
Imo if it worked in the past and did not this time something went wrong with the tretment especially since you are seeing visible, or lack there of visibility of the fungus at work.
Take the man up on his offer run another pack it wont hurt thats for sure. I know time is of an essence, but what else you gonna do right.
Sanatize the shit out of that room as much as you possibly can. Caps and tnelz stated a good ideas above.. take cuts and toss everything. Clean clean clean. I did one more run after i got rid of them and then got tired of the sleepless nights of wondering if those fucks were colinizing in my hydroton, it was to much.
BOL! My friend.
Happy farmin;)

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

Just a thought….and I'm not sure about your rotation of your preventatives, but… perhaps the RA's have built up a resistance. I know Caps packs have lots of different spores, but if you are brewing the exact same tea every time, then the RA's will have a chance to build said tolerance since your ratios will theoretically be the same.
I rotate my tea brews in 4 ways. This is standard protocol for me
First week top dress with homemade bokashi. then caps 8 hour brew plus a pineapple papaya FPE.
Week 2 Caps 24 hour brew with activated em-1 added the last 15 minutes.
Week 3 Caps 4 hour brew plus Em-5 added last 15 minutes.
Repeat
I'll state that I don't live anywhere near this RA epidemic, so I don't deal with those. And I'm certainly no pro. I just keep e-m, bokashi, and caps around for general plant health and fungus gnat prevention. Also, it could be a fake product. Get from cap, he'll have that to you in couple of days. Best of luck!

5 months seems a short time to build up resistance.

Top Bottom