Found a hermie....are these plants hermies too?

• Thread starter RainFlowerFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

So...I found a hemire. Out of no where. And I never dealt with one. I removed it from garden.....but now I'm worried as f that other pla to are starting or may be pollinate? I went around and looked but all the buds have small bud flowers at the base so it looks like the bud but is it hermie?? I don't know and now my anxiety will keep me up for days watching......

Found a hermieare these plants hermies too
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 2
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 3
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 4
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 5
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 6
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 7
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 8
Found a hermieare these plants hermies too 9
RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

those are calyx's not male parts....im sorry what is it you are asking?
I thought so but I'm paranoid now.....I found this plant and had a whole arm of hermies. I removed it but now am worried about the other plants.....I also went around and was able to find these seeds in a few buds on different plants....does that mean hermie? Or is a few seeds here and there normal?

20220704 032817
Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
this is incredibly sketchy waters for me and you now. All cannabis plants are hermies, that's the technical, scientific approach to answering your question about these dioecious plants. you can not remove the genetic trait in cannabis plants to go into asexual reproduction, you can only try to keep them happy and not wig out (stress). What caused your plants to go asexual (monoecious) is unknown, all that is known is that a single pheno/plant was unhappy with the conditions and feared for it's life. Thinking it was in mortal danger, it tried to reproduce.
are the other plants from the same pack? are they the same strain? if yes then they likely carry the same sensitivity to the environment and just can take a little bit more stress than the one that flipped.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

this is incredibly sketchy waters for me and you now. All cannabis plants are hermies, that's the technical, scientific approach to answering your question about these dioecious plants. you can not remove the genetic trait in cannabis plants to go into asexual reproduction, you can only try to keep them happy and not wig out (stress). What caused your plants to go asexual (monoecious) is unknown, all that is known is that single pheno/plant was unhappy with the conditions and feared for it's life. Thinking it was in mortal danger, it tried to reproduce.
are the other plants from the same pack? are they the same strain? if yes then they likely carry the same sensitivity to the environment and just can take a little bit more stress than the one that flipped.
So finding some seeds is normal part of flowering process. Also these were clones from a commercial facility. Not sure how many are form same mother.

The plants surrounding the one that was infected.....I can get a seed or two from the middle of a bud on each plant......what should I do?

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

So I find this.....then if I take it off or pop it this is what it looks like......what do I do?

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
no it's definitely not normal. good breeders have selected parents that can withstand indoor conditions without going gender bender.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

no it's definitely not normal. good breeders have selected parents that can withstand indoor conditions without going gender bender.
So what do you reckoned I do with the plants that I find seeds at the tips of the buds......I've found probably 10 seeds between 5 plants

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In your first post, that first pic is a hermie. I don't see male flower parts in any of the other pictures.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

In your first post, that first pic is a hermie. I don't see male flower parts in any of the other pictures.
What about the tips of some of the buds having seeds.....what should I do woth those plants. Got about 5 plants that I found a seed or two in the tips of the buds

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What about the tips of some of the buds having seeds.....what should I do woth those plants. Got about 5 plants that I found a seed or two in the tips of the buds
You'll have partially seeded weed. If that's unacceptable, chop them.

IMO, a seed or two in a bud is not a reason to get rid of the whole plant. But if you have a lot of seeds, you might want to chop and start over. It's a personal decision.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

If I remove the seeds I find will they keep coming back? I'm in last 3 weeks of flower

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
So what do you reckoned I do with the plants that I find seeds at the tips of the buds......I've found probably 10 seeds between 5 plants
i try not to do that....i'll answer technical questions to the best of my abilities....give anecdotal evidence when applicable, help diagnose problems...but i don't like to tell people what they should do...see my avatar? lol ;p it's not something i jive with. your journey as a grower started with your first decision to plant a seed....what would you like to have as an outcome from this incident in your growing journey? yes experienced growers should help you, but we can only take you so far.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Well since I am finding a few seeds on a few plants....also just found 2 seeds at tip of Gelato 33 pla t too. I just want to get to the end of this harvest without a bag of seeds......will these plants continue to produce seeds?

Why don't any of th look like the plant that hermied and had seed sacks?

Will the plants that had seeds that are still in garden spread to other plants?

I don't want to chop all these down so what would I do???

Otherwise, if the concensus is that it's too risky (I have 45 other plants in the room) then I'll cut em......but so far I have found a 1-3 seeds per ant un 6 plants

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

That's your call. depends on if you need tokes bad enough to risk pollen contamination and how it works out in the long run.
The plants that had a few seeds....will they continue to grow more seeds and pollen?

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Well since I am finding a few seeds on a few plants....also just found 2 seeds at tip of Gelato 33 pla t too. I just want to get to the end of this harvest without a bag of seeds......will these plants continue to produce seeds?

once a calyx is pollinated that's it, turns into a seed. might be some buried you wont find until later. any new nanners that drop pollen will be a danger to new pistils forming. flowering plants commonly throw out new pistils even while the older ones are maturing and plant looks ready for harvest.

Why don't any of th look like the plant that hermied and had seed sacks?
pheno expression? even plants from the same pack can look different unless a breeder does more work with the line.

Will the plants that had seeds that are still in garden spread to other plants?
pollen travels in the air. difficult to stop. the other plants very well may have seeds forming right now.
I don't want to chop all these down so what would I do???
just look out for more nanners, or pollen sacks and pull them off, finish the grow.
Otherwise, if the concensus is that it's too risky (I have 45 other plants in the room) then I'll cut em......but so far I have found a 1-3 seeds per ant un 6 plants

look for nanners, pull them off as you find them, finish the grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom