found a hermy in my tent full of plants :( plz help

• Thread starter anti
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anti

no i chopped it, thinking this must be a light leak or some other stress induced being as two plants of different strains it happened to. i got some really bad curling under moreso on the other one (super skunk) beforeit went hermy, thinking the curling was from too much nutes but dont really know...

A

anti

also my vegging plants are in the same room as the tent in a closet should I be worried these have been pollinated as well or can they only be during flowering?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Only when they have pistils. If their pistils turn brown, they're either finished or pollinated.

Dunge

Dunge

My hermy looks different

I too am fighting this battle but my girls are growing little bunches of banana like little organs growing in groups of 1 to four from the center of a perfectly female flower.(see picture)

Your photo looks to be clusters of stamens emanating from the stem.

Your story of seeing pollen dust is interesting in that I believe I have plucked all the male parts while still juvenile and I have seen no developed sacks.

I am expecting a delivery of Duch Master Reverse which offers to, get this, Reverse the problem via the magic of foliar phospholipid applications.

I have few options as my tent is an outdoor light deprivation setup.
I know, less light - more deprivation.

DSCN3251zoom
A

anti

sucks... i swear there are more bananas showing up on the hermie super skunk i cut down 2 days ago is this possible for the sacs to keep maturing while its hanging to dry? dont want this fugger to spread any more pollen!all the bananas I see on it are pretty small Ive picked most of them but the things dead right!??!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
it may be dead but there may be a bit of pollen left in the sacks thats still viable. just dont move it around to much and keep it away from the rest of the girls. i would go through your tent and look at the plants next to these ones and make sure there are no nanners or sacs on them as well.

K

kolah

I find it interesting that plants, animals AND humans can become hermies. It makes ya kinda wonder..... and also questions some religous views huh?

It also started the age-old expression "go f yourself." I think. :)

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
In Summer

If I see pollen sacks that plant is immediately placed outdoors, where I will remove any balls/pollen sacks and let them continue flowering. This way you remove the plant and still harvest it. If you see dust your in trouble, but spraying water will kill the pollen.

mal

A

anti

so another one is producing male flowers in the form of bananas coming out the bud. so this is the third one, this time lemon skunk. i am going to chop it and hang with the other hermies in my basement but heres my concern: will the bananas on there release pollen (near the intake of my central air unit) while they are drying? should I try to remove all bananas? is pollen gonna go everywhere while im shaking this thing trimming the leaves off? the male flowers seem young and fairly small but I do not know how big they get before they release or contain viable pollen... Thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Try to remove all bananas. Often they're sterile, don't even have pollen in them, but sometimes, they're not.

A

anti

fml ANOTHER one!!!! another super skunk what is happening here :.......(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Uh.... tell me you're not having weird deficiencies as well, wouldja please?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
do you have a light leak or is your timer getting messed up? do you open the door when it should be dark? from the pics it doesn't seem to be to hot. are these all the same clones , like sour ds and the lemon skunks are clones off same plants?

johnursery

johnursery

plant looks pretty healthy, if theres no light leaks or interupting night cycles than id blame it on genetics and unfortunately IMHO i think theres more and more predominant hermi traits in more and more strains partly because fem seeds came out and were very popular so irresposible breeders used outdated and factualy incorrect methods for procuding them, around the same time a bunch of medical disppensarys opened up out of greed and before doing there do dillagence followed suit with the amatuer breeders...along with stories like the chem line and now everyone thinks if they find a couple seeds in a cola they must be jack the magic beanstock seeds when almost always its from a plant that went hermi...sorry for the rant, been alot of hermi threads going and been debates for years when its all available information if people just would do research

A

anti

seamaiden i dont think there are any deficiencies, I think I may have overnuted them once as some of the leaves curled under really bad. light leak I guess is possible I'm going to try and tighten it up a bit. also one of these that i just discovered was cracked down the middle from too much LST maybe this stressed it also

A

anti

kidtwist all the ones that have went hermy have been from seed.

A

anti

three were killed and hung, one i picked a couple nanners off and cannot find any more, i want to put this back in my tent as the plant will probably yield 1.5-2oz but am scared I dunno if its gonna keep producing male organs

Latest posts

Top Bottom