found a old stash of seeds 30 years old are they good?

• Thread starter harpdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harpdog

I found this large baggie of seeds back about 30 years old from the columbian gold days and another of the cheap mexican pot.
I put a few in water a few days ago and only get a film on the water and no life yet.
1. can these seeds still be good?

2. what is the best way to start old seeds

thanks u bunch of potheads, my self included

W

WilliamsWonder

Seeds can survive that long. I would suggest scuffing them if you don't get any signs of life after a week. Take a piece of fine grain sand paper and lightly scuff some of the seeds to see if it makes a difference. Are you putting the seeds in a cup of water or under a paper towel. Personally, I like the paper towel method the best.

Good Luck,
WilliamsWonder

H

harpdog

trying 4 different ways right now with no luck yet but i got lots so we will see.
the four ways are
dirt
wet paper towel
incho of water in a bowel covered with paper towel
and sitting a four inches of water

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
geriballic acid.....spelling not right..

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
h2o2

try adding a little h2o2 to the seeds in the paper towel. just moisten the paper towel with some 3% hydrogen peroxide cut in half with some water. when sprouting seeds if i don't get any activity in 4-6 days i add a little h2o2 and usually have activity by the next day or so.

mal

Stinkyguy420

Stinkyguy420

Good luck brother hope you get some bomb buds from those dinosaur beans!!:icon_animal26::icon_animal26::icon_animal26:

Graywolf

Graywolf

Only way I know to tell is to check them and see.

I was able to sprout some Thai stick and Columbian seeds from the early 70's thirty years later, but recently none of them were any longer viable.

Good luck!

GW

H

harpdog

well I probably got the same odds as winning the lottery only I have a million seeds instead of picking a million numbers. hopefully one will start. Just to see how good it gets. some of that shit was awesome and some was crap

Top Bottom