Found a Strange Leaf

• Thread starter WomBat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WomBat

I was wondering if anyone knew what this might be this leaf came of a ak in roots organic soil i feed age old 3 part with sun leafs bat guanno my trainwreck and blue hen are showing some of the same but not as bad this was the worst i found i ran out of age old and and only used guanno so i was thinking it is a phosphorus defic but i want to check with some of the vets here on the form thanks in advace

Picture 001jpg
Picture 002jpg
Picture 003jpg
S

ShorelineTex

Man...it kind of looks like how caterpillars munch on stuff outside, but the damage is kind of bilaterally symmetrical, which means it probably is too much or too little of something the plant needs. But damn, that is some odd looking damage.

It looks like an older fan leaf, it has a red stem, necrosis, with a tiny touch of yellowing in some parts...guano is usually pretty low K...maybe potassium? Is it mostly the tallest plants being affected?

What do the other, less damaged leaves look like? Can you post some pics of those (maybe a whole plant)?

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

When was the last time your ph meter was calibrated? Also, when was the last flush done, I think you may ahve a pretty rough ph fluctuation, I get similar effects on some plants that are very ph sensitive, and since your running tw and a blue strain, i would think its a good chance. Does look like something had a snack there at spots too i must say.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I would also like to know how the PH is running..Also have ya looked for tiny eggs..as it looks like Thrip Dammage my girl had a few grows Back..Good luck..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

W

WomBat

my ph is at around 7 and i try to calabrated every time i use it i did find i few eggs on a plant but it was my mananuska tundra and it shows no damage like this i am running jack herer manuska tundra sour d also only the train wreck blue hen and ak47 are showing this that is why i though nute defec but i have knowlgede only from what i read in books and here so... I plan a bug bombing (foging) and spraying with neem just as a preventive because i found eggs but i tought might be mites i will get pic later tonight as they are sleeping right now if it was catipillers wouldnti see them and trhips i would see flyers right?

J

jordisgarden

the older fans on some of my plants get beat to shit, but its usually the ones that hang down into the soiless mix. they just take a beating after a wehile right?

W

WomBat

and sorry no it is not just the tall plants it seems to be the heavy eaters though

S

supasticky

Where are you growing? It could be bugs, but it looks like a pH problem to me, a bad one. Check the pH of your run off and see if it drops a ridiculous amount. If it does then flush the shit out of your plants with R/O water.

-Supa

H

hailo

I agree with supasticky.

First and foremost get rid of your bug problem! it just complicating things for you...after you have no bugs, then you can evaluate your nute tox/def

C

CANNASSEUR

looks like thrip damage and or the plants got a bit wet under the lights and burned.. also could be too much wind on them from fans or unstable genetics from seeds......

J

jordisgarden

People say the plants got wet and burned? well i used to think that was possible also...now i spray my plants and place then 1 1/2 foot under the 400 and 600hps i have. they wont burn. i soak mine then put them directly under 2 hids. no burn at all. actually the plants thrive. theyd maybe burn if they were less than a foot away.maybe. but they would have to be real real close

D

deepH20culture

sorry if I repeat anything here, but besides bugs, I would check the phosphorous levels. P burn will cause dark spots, then starts making the leaf dry out

convex

convex

my ph is at around 7 and i try to calabrated every time i use it i did find i few eggs on a plant but it was my mananuska tundra and it shows no damage like this i am running jack herer manuska tundra sour d also only the train wreck blue hen and ak47 are showing this that is why i though nute defec but i have knowlgede only from what i read in books and here so... I plan a bug bombing (foging) and spraying with neem just as a preventive because i found eggs but i tought might be mites i will get pic later tonight as they are sleeping right now if it was catipillers wouldnti see them and trhips i would see flyers right?

pH is too high - Get your pH in the low 6's.

Top Bottom