found duel outlet timer cheap!!!!

• Thread starter lollipopman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rolln J

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Indoor timer is capable of hundreds of on/off settings during a single 24 hour period.
[/FONT]

• [FONT=arial, sans-serif]
    [*]Control lights while on vacation to deter intruders
    [*]Set fans, coffee makers and other appliances to turn on or off while unattended
    [*]Easy setupā€“just set the time and plug into 115V household outlet
    [*]Two outlets (run on same schedule)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Overall dimensions: 3-1/8" L x 3-1/8" W x 2-3/4" deep

hmmm curious it says hundreds when they are only in 15 minute increments, Im curious how many amps these are rated for - with lights I only use times rated for 20 amps...
[/FONT]

lollipopman

lollipopman

i bought 4, on the back it says 15 amp 1,875 watts (tungsten and resistive) they are the same ones that wormsway and ebay sales for $20...

R

Rolln J

nice - yeah they look exactly the same except the hydrofarm label - lol

H

hytymez

i ran across similar units,was going to hook up two 600 watt lumatecs.grow store told me they would get too hot.not safe in the long run.

lollipopman

lollipopman

ill try to tear one up to see the guts and compare them to the $20 dollar one...but I'm sure its going to be the same, your just paying for the name.... just like in car audio amplifiers, every company has the same board in the case that you just bought ,your paying more for having soundstream name, when you could have bought a power acoustic for half the price....

D

DND

I have the exact same one and used it to run a 1K, worked fine. This timer is safe to use up to 1440W which is at 80% load. Using it now as a cycle timer which is not ideal timing for pumps, but it works.

R

Rolln J

2 600s should be fine - 2 1000's bad news...

its usually the plug ends that get hot - they used to be white where the plug goes in and youd be able to see that the plastic got hot and yellowed - harder to see on that black plastic.

R

Radio_Dread

Yeah i am currently using two of them i got from HTG Supply and they work great. They were under $20 too, but damn thats dirt. I use one on my 400w and one for my air pumps

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

ill try to tear one up to see the guts and compare them to the $20 dollar one...but I'm sure its going to be the same, your just paying for the name.... just like in car audio amplifiers, every company has the same board in the case that you just bought ,your paying more for having soundstream name, when you could have bought a power acoustic for half the price....

I would keep a close eye on those Ive bought alot of stuff from harbor freight there is one close to my house... And Ive noticed that the stuff from there never last long at all!!! Now the only time I buy stuff from Harbor Freight I think to myself "everyday use or once in awhile" if its everyday I buy it somewhere else if once in awhile I buy from Harbor Freight.. Trust me there stuff is cheap for a reason... I hope when you take it apart it looks good so I can get some for my self.

Ive had drills break the first time ive used them from HF... and the pressure washer I got from them works sometimes and other times not its really weird.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I wouldnt use them, ya they look the same but different factory and crap quality control. Lots of stuff from china looks the same but name brand stuff will have better control of there factory. Ill buy some stuff there but not something im going to run all the time that can cause a fire.

R

Rimbaud

haha head to alibaba.com and search ANYTHING and you will see the pathetic markup we face. Anyone up for a buy-op concept? Many of these guys have minimum purchases of 10... anyone else think we could not fill the need for 10 of anything? or even a 100? same things found on ebay for 200 bucks (i.e. grow rooms) found there for 50 bucks.. if i see interest I will start the ball rolling.

lollipopman

lollipopman

alibaba is a great site, when i was going to do my own car audio line i found alot of build houses off that site but for amplifiers Korean made is 10 times better...pretty much every thing you buy is made from china your paying for the name.....

R

Rimbaud

I am not a fan of the slave labor stylings of the chinois government so I try to get local stuff made from and for local people but MAN those deals haha. I have recently started using ponoko.com to do my own custom laser cut fabrications (only a couple bucks a minute for the laser) I highly recommend you check that place out. Especially you grow room set up guys, it is the cheapest place I have found to get fabrication/shipping at a decent price point AND they let you sell your design or finished products. (it will help with IP protection later on too)

true grit

true grit

If anyone wants a digital version- Home depot sells a digital one with batter back-up for $17.99. Rated to the same I believe- maybe even 2000w. I run 1k off of it with no issues.

R

Rimbaud

Now is a GREAT time for timer deals. Xmas tends to drive the prices down, especially after! What do you guys think of the buy-op idea? I am more then willing to set up the distribution if the demand is high enough.

B

Bud Farmer

I buy all of my timers and pumps from Harbor Freight! So far I've saved a fortune. Now don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things in that store that will leave you pissed off. Although the timers and pumps have never let me down!

lollipopman

lollipopman

i was right, these timers are the same just sun leaves name on it plus $14...

first pic left one harbor freight right sunleaves...

second pic them both taken apart...

third pic plug ins from both.....

they are the same nothing different......

R

Rolln J

^^^ nice - they have the digital for 11 bux, I use those for my pumps!

Top Bottom