found open pollen sacs.... hermied. what do i do now?

• Thread starter thedubside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thedubside

thedubside

my biggest plant has hermied. I noticed '' dust '' ysterday before lights out. checked today and found open pollen sacs... in 6th week of flower. is it a write off? has it destroyed my oher 2 plants? it's currently outside of the tent but im hesistant to get rid.

is it the only option. if its now not going to be smokeable may aswell chuck it. just hoping its not pollinaed the other 2 plants.

what should i do? please help.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Well, you can't undo it so just finish the grow and enjoy it, you will still get loads of lovely smokable stuff... And free seeds of course :-)

growsince79

growsince79

my biggest plant has hermied. I noticed '' dust '' ysterday before lights out. checked today and found open pollen sacs... in 6th week of flower. is it a write off? has it destroyed my oher 2 plants? it's currently outside of the tent but im hesistant to get rid.

is it the only option. if its now not going to be smokeable may aswell chuck it. just hoping its not pollinaed the other 2 plants.

what should i do? please help.
How many were there? Do you see any more?

thedubside

thedubside

May not smoke too good but you can make something out of it.
probably like 5 or 6. ive cut them all off. no pollen sacs on the other 2 plants. this one i topped and had some nitrogen issues with so I guess i stressed it too much.

im not sure exactly what this means tho. if they get pollinated will they stop producing the stuff that gets you high or what? wont get as potent as its putting energy into making seeds?

thanks for the replys. im guna see it through till the end now or id prob have to cry myself to sleep haha.

growsince79

growsince79

probably like 5 or 6. ive cut them all off. no pollen sacs on the other 2 plants. this one i topped and had some nitrogen issues with so I guess i stressed it too much.

im not sure exactly what this means tho. if they get pollinated will they stop producing the stuff that gets you high or what? wont get as potent as its putting energy into making seeds?

thanks for the replys. im guna see it through till the end now or id prob have to cry myself to sleep haha.
They can finish and still be ok. But seeded buds suck. And buds with immature seeds are even worse. Even if you screen it perfectly, you still get that seed afterbirth shit taste.

thedubside

thedubside

They can finish and still be ok. But seeded buds suck. And buds with immature seeds are even worse. Even if you screen it perfectly, you still get that seed afterbirth shit taste.
any weed ive got thats had seeds has been nothing but a disappointment so hoping i wont get too many. hopefully as so close to harvest wont be too big an issue. this plant has been a STRONG grower i feel so betrayed lol. any ideas on when i would start to notice seeds, within 3 weeks or nah?

growsince79

growsince79

any weed ive got thats had seeds has been nothing but a disappointment so hoping i wont get too many. hopefully as so close to harvest wont be too big an issue. this plant has been a STRONG grower i feel so betrayed lol. any ideas on when i would start to notice seeds, within 3 weeks or nah?
I notice seeds starting to form 4-5 days after pollination. Takes 5-6 weeks for them to get ripe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom