• Tagged users None
hunterfisher

hunterfisher

been fighting this over a year now
though it was just about everything at one time or another
ph , nute problems , virus , tmv , root rot you name it
the dreaded invisible hemp russet mites turned out to be the problem
and first the things that did nothing to help include
bombs , avid ,azamax , sulfer burning , heat treatment , nematodes , great white , neem and soap alone , nukem , alcohol , and more
what had great results fast include
diatomaceous earth on plants in veg , covered whole plant ,pot and all
3 days later , super hot water with dish soap , neem , and sm-90 to rinse of the dm
repeat as needed
instant bounce back , think the hot water in the sprayer is the trick
hope that helps

hunterfisher

hunterfisher

I tried heat treating the whole room but wasn't able to get it hot enough
if you are able to do so , I think it would help
heat seems to be the real affective factor ,without it not sure the other stuff will work well
otherwise they are pretty much bullet proof
and without a microscope all you can do is watch your girls and see how they respond
I have tried every spotting lens I can get my hand on , it really takes a microscope
the biggest russet is less then half the size of a spotted mite egg , and they are semi transparent

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

yeah but how do you do the hot water treatment on bigger girls? :(

hunterfisher

hunterfisher

stuff in flower cannot be recovered if they have been infested in my opinion
I think any treatment method that is affective enough would mess up the harvest
if more then 3-4 weeks in
unless you can get enough heat in your room. and that's a maybe .I cannot confirm that
problem is when in flower they take russet damage much much faster then when in veg
treatment options are limited
and treatments have to be extreme to be effective at all
that combo ruins the chances of a productive harvest
and you wind up playing nurse every day

hunterfisher

hunterfisher

yea anything past 4 weeks in flower is a loss if fully infested
the rest have hope

hunterfisher

hunterfisher

that's just my opinion based on having this issue over 3 cycles
I have no doubt there are folks that can get better results then I did
although I personally am not willing to go nuclear on flowers for fear of health risks
and short of that girls in flower have only died and served as vectors for infestation for me .
but again im sure there are people with better skills then me

showmegreen

showmegreen

Any of y'all ever implement activated charcoal inta yer soil? Call me nuts (probley agree wit ya) but since I been putin that stuff in thar I aint had one sign of them pecker gnats. See em fly'n once an again. But none in the soil. Used to throw Neem at'em by the gallons. Missouri's humidity keeps ya busy all late spring an summer fightn bugs of all kinds. But now, I need ta knock the dust off'tha Neem oil bottle. Outside I git the occasional leaf munchr but that about all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Any of y'all ever implement activated charcoal inta yer soil? Call me nuts (probley agree wit ya) but since I been putin that stuff in thar I aint had one sign of them pecker gnats. See em fly'n once an again. But none in the soil. Used to throw Neem at'em by the gallons. Missouri's humidity keeps ya busy all late spring an summer fightn bugs of all kinds. But now, I need ta knock the dust off'tha Neem oil bottle. Outside I git the occasional leaf munchr but that about all.
The ag out there probably helps you there, too. ;)

I'm fighting the pecker gnats that wanna get into my sourdough starter, little FUX!

showmegreen

showmegreen

I feel blessed I guess to have never (that I know) experienced russet mites. But its good to listen ta yer'als strategies in case I do. Never though about heat when it comes to roots an the like. Always figger'd that was a NO NO.

showmegreen

showmegreen

@Seamaiden hell girl jus skim'em off the top. It'll be alright adds flavor ta tha dough. I was a chef fer roun 12 yrs. Matter of fact the boys an I got some rolls proofin right now. Had the same starter fer like 15+ yrs. Got it from my gramma. Rest her beautiful soul. Who knows how long she had it fer.
darn good rolls an can't fergit the pancakes. They say some sourdough is older than the colonial days. Brought on them boats to tha new world.
Also wat ya mean by ag? Cause I aint askin the dept o agriculture fer shit. Hell they probly the shitheads that got the bad bugs here in the first place. Mom retired grade 16 wit them folks mite I even tell a story bout her days wit them an id git banned from here an probly disappear o hav'a accident on tha river. Scares me an I'm fearless. Heirloom an organics all the way! Aint no walmarts veggies here.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
been fighting this over a year now
though it was just about everything at one time or another
ph , nute problems , virus , tmv , root rot you name it
the dreaded invisible hemp russet mites turned out to be the problem
and first the things that did nothing to help include
bombs , avid ,azamax , sulfer burning , heat treatment , nematodes , great white , neem and soap alone , nukem , alcohol , and more
what had great results fast include
diatomaceous earth on plants in veg , covered whole plant ,pot and all
3 days later , super hot water with dish soap , neem , and sm-90 to rinse of the dm
repeat as needed
instant bounce back , think the hot water in the sprayer is the trick
hope that helps
diatomaceous earth for the win!
great stuff!

K

kolah

Russet, cyclamen and broad mites= The Great Imposters.

They will fool you into thinking it's a million other problems and by the time you figure out what's REALLY wrong your plants are near death.

I was successful heating them up over 120F to eradicate them but that was outdoors using the sun and a sealed up greenhouse. If that hadn't worked I was going to dunk them in hot water. Almost all the readign I did on the topic stated that 110F was the magic number. I upped it a bit to 120.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Russet, cyclamen and broad mites= The Great Imposters.

They will fool you into thinking it's a million other problems and by the time you figure out what's REALLY wrong your plants are near death.

That is the truth man. I've been struggling with them for almost four years now, and didn't figure out what the prob was until just this past summer.

Right now I'm using Cap's Foliar Pack for my veggers...gonna try dunking the small clones in hot water. How long to keep em under for best results?

Top Bottom