Found some bud rot and it's spreading fast. Should I chop all my plants?

• Thread starter blaeky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blaeky

I found a bit of bud rot on one of my plants yesterday so I chopped the infected part off. Came back today and I have three new buds that are also rotting. I have five plants in this greenhouse, should I just chop them all now and wash my buds with water and peroxide?

Found some bud rot and its spreading fast should i chop all my plants
Found some bud rot and its spreading fast should i chop all my plants 2
Found some bud rot and its spreading fast should i chop all my plants 3
Found some bud rot and its spreading fast should i chop all my plants 4
Found some bud rot and its spreading fast should i chop all my plants 5
Found some bud rot and its spreading fast should i chop all my plants 6
Found some bud rot and its spreading fast should i chop all my plants 7
B

blaeky

Open the rotting buds up and look for a little worm. I'd scrap the plant sounds like it;s sick get it away from the healthy plants asap.
It sucks but it would really suck if this gets away in your greenhouse.
I didn't see any worms, I think it was just rot. That plant split into three main colas so there was very little airflow. I went to salvage it but most of the bud sites were brown on the inside so I just tossed the whole thing, better safe than sorry. Hopefully the other 4 are ok.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Looked like only one strain has rot? Cut it out and anything close to it. Maybe chop the large colas and let the rest ride. Wash your scissors in between cuts with a dip may help

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I didn't see any worms, I think it was just rot. That plant split into three main colas so there was very little airflow. I went to salvage it but most of the bud sites were brown on the inside so I just tossed the whole thing, better safe than sorry. Hopefully the other 4 are ok.
Really sorry man! Happened to me 2 years ago. Hope the rest of your grow comes out ok.
All the best. Ron

B

blaeky

Looked like only one strain has rot? Cut it out and anything close to it. Maybe chop the large colas and let the rest ride. Wash your scissors in between cuts with a dip may help
They are all the same strain. Blue fruit auto, got them from a site based out of Vancouver. The genetics on the plants are all over the place though, some purple, some with larger colas and some with a good amount of medium ones. That plant in particular had three main stems so there probably wasn't adequate airflow. The aphid problem doesn't help but I got some ladybugs and releases them two days ago.

Really sorry man! Happened to me 2 years ago. Hope the rest of your grow comes out ok.
All the best. Ron
Appreciate the kind words. It's naive to think everything is going to work out 100 % on my first grow but you can always hope.

mjvdet13

mjvdet13

I'm in coastal BC so 70% is pretty normal. Probably more in the greenhouse..
ah I didnt see you mentioned the greenhouse part I thought you were indoor.. not sure how to manage that im indoor and control my levels

B

blaeky

ah I didnt see you mentioned the greenhouse part I thought you were indoor.. not sure how to manage that im indoor and control my levels
Yeah I might just buy a little 4x2 tent and do the same. So many uncontrollable factors outdoor.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm in coastal BC so 70% is pretty normal. Probably more in the greenhouse..
I lived in Prince George, Port Moody, Victoria, Nanaimo, Courtenay. WhiteHorse . Calgary, Edmonton, The Toon. All over the west for 25 years.

K

Kamisama

I had usually high humidity in greenhouse during night. Also without proper ventilation, inline fan.
I ve used heater for around 10h per day, pretty expensive after month of use. Get thermostat switch.

B

blaeky

I lived in Prince George, Port Moody, Victoria, Nanaimo, Courtenay. WhiteHorse . Calgary, Edmonton, The Toon. All over the west for 25 years.
I'm in Victoria to be specific, moved around the island a bit but been here 25 years off and on. Love the island, just wish it wasn't so expensive.

I had usually high humidity in greenhouse during night. Also without proper ventilation, inline fan.
I ve used heater for around 10h per day, pretty expensive after month of use. Get thermostat switch.
All I have is a regulator fan and a smaller one. The vents on top open when it gets to warm, I would like to keep the doors open during the day but you can kinda see them from the road and the smell is pretty intense as it is.

Top Bottom