Fox farms and grow dots.

• Thread starter zack991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zack991

zack991

I am planning on starting to germinate my auto seeds this weekend and I had a question with proper nutrition. I will be using fox farm ocean pre bagged soil and I was considering using grow dots instead of a tea solution. I dont want to burn my plants. I understand fox farms can usually support a plant for about 30 days on its own, or so I am told.

Should i go by the calculator on their site calling for 75 grams per plant that will be in 5 gallon pots or do i need to do something like 45 grams. This is my first grow and I dont want to screw up too bad from the start. Thanks.

emanresu

emanresu

I am planning on starting to germinate my auto seeds this weekend and I had a question with proper nutrition. I will be using fox farm ocean pre bagged soil and I was considering using grow dots instead of a tea solution. I dont want to burn my plants. I understand fox farms can usually support a plant for about 30 days on its own, or so I am told.

Should i go by the calculator on their site calling for 75 grams per plant that will be in 5 gallon pots or do i need to do something like 45 grams. This is my first grow and I dont want to screw up too bad from the start. Thanks.
I have done exactly what you are doing with two plants. I used half the dose of grow dots recommended and even with them in the ocean forest, it didn't burn them at all,

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I have done exactly what you are doing with two plants. I used half the dose of grow dots recommended and it didn't burn them at all, even with them in the ocean forest. I wish i used a bit more actually.
Thats good first hand experience! I just read online 5 grams for a single plant in a solo cup 🤷🏼‍♂️ im new to all this and I dont know anything about doing anything with autos

emanresu

emanresu

Thats good first hand experience! I just read online 5 grams for a single plant in a solo cup 🤷🏼‍♂️ im new to all this and I dont know anything about doing anything with autos
I don't remember exactly the dosage I used for mine. It was about a year ago and my memory doesn't go that far lol. I just remember cutting it in half. Then I mixed it in the fox farm ocean forest and put it in a pot and transplanted my two girl scout cookies extreme autos from my solo cups that also had a pure ocean forest in them. Yes, you can use ocean forest for seedlings. I have done it a lot. I do mix happy frog and ocean forest now though for the added benefits happy frog gives your roots.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I don't remember exactly the dosage I used for mine. It was about a year ago and my memory doesn't go that far lol. I just remember cutting it in half. Then I mixed it in the fox farm ocean forest and put it in a pot and transplanted my two girl scout cookies extreme autos from my solo cups that also had a pure ocean forest in them. Yes, you can use ocean forest for seedlings. I have done it a lot. I do mix happy frog and ocean forest now though for the added benefits happy frog gives your roots.
If i know im going to want to remember something I write it down hahaha! Year and a half!? I couldnt tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday! Lol!!! Thanks for sharing your experience! : )

emanresu

emanresu

If i know im going to want to remember something I write it down hahaha! Year and a half!? I couldnt tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday! Lol!!! Thanks for sharing your experience! : )
I used their recharge tea on it as well. i forgot about that part. i did that once-a-month through the grow. well i did it after the first month was over didn't bother the first month. they never had one spot of any deficiency or over feeding of any kind through the grow. honestly I'm pretty impressed with grow dots. i will definitely use them again sometime.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I used their recharge tea on it as well. i forgot about that part. i did that once-a-month through the grow. well i did it after the first month was over didn't bother the first month. they never had one spot of any deficiency or over feeding of any kind through the grow. honestly I'm pretty impressed with grow dots. i will definitely use them again sometime.
I had to look them up after reading this thread this morning. I’m too much in my head for those to be a good fit for me lol! I would drive myself more crazy wondering what’s happening or what isn’t : ) and I like to mess with shit hahaha!

zack991

zack991

Well sounds like it should work for my first grow. They will be inside in hidden closet with a simple setup for a few weeks till it warms enough to put them outside. I plan on getting a proper indoor setup this fall. Money is tight as always

Top Bottom