Fox Farms Cha Ching

• Thread starter FrostyDank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FrostyDank

Hello fellow heads, what it do

I picked up Fox Farms Cha Ching the other day after the hydro store guy insisted that it was better than Advanced Nutrients Bud Factor X at producing increased levels of resin secretion.

Anyone have experience with this product?

420Gator

420Gator

I'm on my very first grow so have zero experience, from what I can tell this stuff does what it says cuz the day after I used it everything got nice and frosty, I hope u get some more opinions tho b/c I'm starting to feel fox farm is a little...elementry, great line however glad I chose for first run

H

HannaMan

The stuff is VERY HOT and tons of salt-buildup. HOT meaning go EASY as they will burn your ladies easily.

I use advanced nutrients OVERDRIVE to replace this product, which is also a chemical based nute, but I give them a nice long flush too.

G

ghostfacegrower

its a good product, used it yrs ago. AN has a lot of hype and they like to push 20 bottles + in there feeding programes. Im digging GH Flora Nova , Kool Bloom powder and liquid, floralicious. its simple and fire. i like to supplement other products in threw growth like AN blood bud, Bush Master and a few others. should check it out.

P

paulycali

i like to feed my ladies kool bloom, nirvana, bud candy and overdrive along with iguana juice bloom and they grow crazy show flowers pretty dam quick too! Fox farm's bulking agents are great since they have such a high PK ratio but almost to much. i am sampling all sort now and am trying to figure out what % of PK they want through flowering

420Gator

420Gator

i also just started using open sesame on the dreams im about to flip, it really seems to have sprouted lots of new growth. Especially on top of the plants

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i use it and it does have the job as far as resin goes. i also use hammer head pk at weeks 5 and 7 for a 70 day strain.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Just wondering if anyone has used any or all of the Fox Farms dry solubles (Open Sesame, Cha Ching, & Beastie Bloomz) in soil or soil-less medium as opposed to hydro? :wondering

I use HammerHead in soil and hydro... I also use MOAB in hydro (before the final flush to trigger ripening) which is very similar in N-P-K ratios to the Fox Farm's dry solubles and Dry KoolBloom, but I've yet to hear anyone using these PK boosters in anything but hydro. I just wonder how much they need to be diluted for use in soil due to their extremely high Phosphorus and Potassium ratios.

justiceman

justiceman

Just wondering if anyone has used any or all of the Fox Farms dry solubles (Open Sesame, Cha Ching, & Beastie Bloomz) in soil or soil-less medium as opposed to hydro? :wondering

I use HammerHead in soil and hydro... I also use MOAB in hydro (before the final flush to trigger ripening) which is very similar in N-P-K ratios to the Fox Farm's dry solubles and Dry KoolBloom, but I've yet to hear anyone using these PK boosters in anything but hydro. I just wonder how much they need to be diluted for use in soil due to their extremely high Phosphorus and Potassium ratios.

I haven't used them, but one is still able to use them with soil from what I understand. I've known a few people that use GH with soil. The guy used FFOF and let the plants suck all the nutes from the soil for a month and then started supplementing with GH. So I suppose one should know there soil strength so they know when a good time to add nutrients is.

It may look like the ratios are high, but it is really displaying the percentage of the amount in the package. For instance the Beastie bloomz is 0-50-30. So 0-50-30 is the same ratio as 0-25-15, or 0-12.5-7.5. Hammer head PK is 0-9-18 so it would be the same as 0-18-36. The real difference lies in the dilution ratios. So If you had a (A)0-2-2 nute and a (B)0-4-4 nute it would be the same if you had to use 10ml of A and 5ml of B to achieve the desired increase in EC.

F

FrostyDank

The numbers are high but definitely for a reason, this stuff raises ur ppm real quickly.

I added the Cha Ching to the other parts of my feeding schedule---- iguana juice bloom, nirvana, bud candy, rhino skin, sensizym, hammerhead, overdrive,B52, humic + fulvic acid, and calmag bloom earlier along with beneficials. used organic b but it was missing something so went back to B52.

H

HighTolerance

From my understanding, folks who are hard core organic soil growers stay away from any strong PK boosters, as they will drive the micro life to shit. In the end the PK will still be taken up by the plant but due to hurt micro life, the goodies in the soil become unavailable.

I am still learning about organic gardening, above is just my understanding up to this point, so all the old skoolers, chime in and let me know if I am thinking on the right track.

420Gator

420Gator

ive used all 3 (but not together yet) in soil and havent noticed anything negative, however im not going full strength. First use is, next is half strength, and all subsequent feedings are 1/4. hope my luck continues, but even if they get a little burned or locked a flush would help...right? I also transplanted my cones to ffof as soon as they rooted and gave them 500ppm on first water so maybe i just lucked out with great genetics

H

HighTolerance

ive used all 3 (but not together yet) in soil and havent noticed anything negative, however im not going full strength. First use is, next is half strength, and all subsequent feedings are 1/4. hope my luck continues, but even if they get a little burned or locked a flush would help...right? I also transplanted my cones to ffof as soon as they rooted and gave them 500ppm on first water so maybe i just lucked out with great genetics

what base nutes were you using?

FFOF is hell of hot, I have learned that from experience.

Pretty interesting that you fed them 500ppm on the first dose after putting your clone in pure FFOF. Some of the most experienced organic gardeners tend to just feed teas and water for the first 30-45 days because it contains all the nutes.

Which strain is this bro, she sounds like she could take anything? Have you already harvested her? How did she turn out?

Sorry for a lot of questions but I am very interested in this strain. Can we see some pics?

420Gator

420Gator

its cool man cuz ive only been in the game a couple months and its freakin me out too but in a good way, the clones are all blue dream and yea i guess they can take alot. I stunted about 7 out of 33 and i only need 24. check this out if u want, theyre monsters, will be 2 feet by week 3, ive only vegged them under HPS the whole time and am running all FF nutes

StrainMaker

StrainMaker

IMG00257 20150528 1808
KandyKush
From my understanding, folks who are hard core organic soil growers stay away from any strong PK boosters, as they will drive the micro life to shit. In the end the PK will still be taken up by the plant but due to hurt micro life, the goodies in the soil become unavailable.

I am still learning about organic gardening, above is just my understanding up to this point, so all the old skoolers, chime in and let me know if I am thinking on the right track.
I started with FF but do not touch since AN is the fert and organic composted soil, worms, are my base soil. The Cha Ching is to hot for soil, plant would love it. The high PK kills all living matter in soil. Think about that. I add overdrive, big bud, bud candy, b52, Sensizym and rhino skin or another Potasium Silicate. Keeps branches are strong and increases THC, google it, only known fert or additive proven to boost thc production is potassium silicate. I use until last 10 day flush. AN is on a higher level of fert, designed for Cannabis, not tomatos, and you will notice a difference in end product quality. It works with my soil/perlite compost mix which is alive, including earthworms, live earthworms. I had no idea why some containers would bubble for minutes when flushing. Figured out it is the worm highways filling with water slowly, bubbling like mad. If I Cha Ching, the touch of Og Tea, soil and worms are dead. . . It is tempting to use before last 10 days, but I compost used soil with sunlight, more soil, and the worms remain at the bottom of a 50 gal planter of soilless soil.

Top Bottom