Fox Farms Of When To Add Nutes?

• Thread starter Bigweedsy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

Good morning everyone. Noob here. First time indoor grow underway. I purchased my grow equipment(all of it) for $100 from someone who moving, so after reading up on growing I understand my lights need some help. But hey I think I did pretty good for $100 I currently have 2x4x5 . I have 10 plants (bag seed cin mint cookies) in 1 gal pots of FFOF. The plants were in veg for 21 days under 250watt MH. (Acquired 4 bulb 2x2 t5 for next beans) Plants have been switched to 12/12 250w hps. They have been in flower one week. Just checked on them and they are beginning to show sex got two ladies already saying heeeey . I'm picking up some CFL's to boost the light today. Plants have gotten nothing but plain water so far because I've read and understood FFOF packs enough nutes for a time. My concern is when to begin adding nutes??? I want them to have everything they need to become the gorgeous ladies I know they can but I don't want to over do it? I've read adding much lower of the recommended dose to start. Is this how I should proceed? I'm here to learn. Thanks in advance.

Biggie

Fox farms of when to add nutes
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Good morning everyone. Noob here. First time indoor grow underway. I purchased my grow equipment(all of it) for $100 from someone who moving, so after reading up on growing I understand my lights need some help. But hey I think I did pretty good for $100 I currently have 2x4x5 . I have 10 plants (bag seed cin mint cookies) in 1 gal pots of FFOF. The plants were in veg for 21 days under 250watt MH. (Acquired 4 bulb 2x2 t5 for next beans) Plants have been switched to 12/12 250w hps. They have been in flower one week. Just checked on them and they are beginning to show sex got two ladies already saying heeeey . I'm picking up some CFL's to boost the light today. Plants have gotten nothing but plain water so far because I've read and understood FFOF packs enough nutes for a time. My concern is when to begin adding nutes??? I want them to have everything they need to become the gorgeous ladies I know they can but I don't want to over do it? I've read adding much lower of the recommended dose to start. Is this how I should proceed? I'm here to learn. Thanks in advance.

Biggie
I dont use nutes in veg then when i flip to flower ill add pk. For me its a month veg from clone to 2g pot... then when i flip to flower i use the flower stuff so i would say 30ish day of just ph tap water is fine and i never have deficiencies in veg and rarely fry a plant in flower (i dont use a lot of nutes at all really)

Dunge

Dunge

I too grow in "super soil" (much like FFOF formula) and have proven that in a three gallon pot I can water only through flower.
I'd buy a bottle of Earth Juice Bloom to have on hand if they start to look like they could use more food.
But less is more in this case, so relax and watch them bloom.

They look great.

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

I dont use nutes in veg then when i flip to flower ill add pk. For me its a month veg from clone to 2g pot... then when i flip to flower i use the flower stuff so i would say 30ish day of just ph tap water is fine and i never have deficiencies in veg and rarely fry a plant in flower (i dont use a lot of nutes at all really)

Thanks. My next round I have clones I'm rooting atm. Have under 4 bulb HO T5. When I up potted (is that even a term) from the seedlings I wanted to do 3G pots if not at least 2g, but with 10 plants room was the issue. I know I'm not lucky enough to get 10 ladies out of the group. So I'll up pot again when I know all about their sex business. All I've given is bottle waterside far, as I don't trust what comes through these pipes. Setting up rain water catch system currently as well. So when I purchased my $100 set up it came with all nutes in pic I've attached . D bag I bought it off of ran hydro. Is this the pk you're talking about? I've been trying to read up all I can and find my own answers. I'm the type of person that learns by doing and knowing why I'm doing something. I'm happy to begin my adventure as a grower and not just a toker

Biggie

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

I too grow in "super soil" (much like FFOF formula) and have proven that in a three gallon pot I can water only through flower.
I'd buy a bottle of Earth Juice Bloom to have on hand if they start to look like they could use more food.
But less is more in this case, so relax and watch them bloom.

They look great.

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

I'm not so skilled at even working the forum or posts. So thanks, I think they look pretty amazing as well. Thanks for the info. These are all the nutes I got in the set up. I'll check out earth juice bloom and see if what I've got is comparative. You all rock thanks for your info

Moto

Moto

I'm not so skilled at even working the forum or posts. So thanks, I think they look pretty amazing as well. Thanks for the info. These are all the nutes I got in the set up. I'll check out earth juice bloom and see if what I've got is comparative. You all rock thanks for your info

Eager to learn and good looking plants.. Welcome to the forum bud glad to have you.. Along for the ride in this thread to see some pretty ladies and help when I can. =)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks. My next round I have clones I'm rooting atm. Have under 4 bulb HO T5. When I up potted (is that even a term) from the seedlings I wanted to do 3G pots if not at least 2g, but with 10 plants room was the issue. I know I'm not lucky enough to get 10 ladies out of the group. So I'll up pot again when I know all about their sex business. All I've given is bottle waterside far, as I don't trust what comes through these pipes. Setting up rain water catch system currently as well. So when I purchased my $100 set up it came with all nutes in pic I've attached . D bag I bought it off of ran hydro. Is this the pk you're talking about? I've been trying to read up all I can and find my own answers. I'm the type of person that learns by doing and knowing why I'm doing something. I'm happy to begin my adventure as a grower and not just a toker

Biggie
Ya thats a pk boost bottle and you might wanna try it. I bet you can get through just fine with only the pk and the bloom B bottles.

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

Eager to learn and good looking plants.. Welcome to the forum bud glad to have you.. Along for the ride in this thread to see some pretty ladies and help when I can. =)
Thanks. I think they're pretty sexy. Such fun watching them grow.

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

So I took the plants out today to stretch a bit because it's getting s bit cramped in there. Hopefully, some males will reveal themselves soon and I can make some room. I watered them yesterday before I read response about adding PK I'll have to do that on the next watering. So I took advantage and had a photo shoot so I thought it share some pics. Third pic from top, my only lady right now and my weed loving 9 month kitten got her some

dankninja

dankninja

what size grow bags are those? might want to go bigger, when you say cramped I think root space and room space.

lighting and size of containers (and plant size) will all determine how much to feed your plants. if youve got monster 6 ft tall bushes, they will need more feed than small medium sized ladies.

I see some N curl, and some heat related issues probly. but nothing major bud. keep it up. lookin good for $100 bones.

ninja

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

what size grow bags are those? might want to go bigger, when you say cramped I think root space and room space.

lighting and size of containers (and plant size) will all determine how much to feed your plants. if youve got monster 6 ft tall bushes, they will need more feed than small medium sized ladies.

I see some N curl, and some heat related issues probly. but nothing major bud. keep it up. lookin good for $100 bones.

ninja
Thank man. I thought I got a pretty sweet deal for $100. I am definitely going to repot in 3 gal as soon as I separate the boys from the girls. Now I have to go look up N curl I appreciate all of you being here!!!

dankninja

dankninja

ok cool, might want to go to at least a 5 gallon. I have my headwrecker mother in a 7 gal bag, outdoors in 10 gal bags. 3 gal bags are probly as small as I'd go personally, I usually go from 1 gal seedlings to 5 gal full plants.

Nitrogen curl is the inward curling of fan leaves, kind of looks like claws or "tiger claws", sometimes called "rams horns" when it gets bad. Fan leaves are your easy indicator of whats going on with plants, check out sick plant guides, should be on farm. As you fix a problem on a plant, every new stage of growth will reflect your changes on fan leaves.

Yours arent totally unsaveable, just back off from fertilizer high in N (probly Grow Big? which is synthetic), and feed with water only until you get them transplanted. Maybe some superthrive or liquinox B1 at transplant. Just some ideas, good luck and again very nice effort for first run.

ninja

KEMI

Last edited:
dankninja

dankninja

I blanked on what ferts you were actually using. But. Try and stay away from Foxfarm Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, and solubles.

You can always cut Ocean Forest with Perlite, it is very hot often too hot for some seedlings.

Rx Life products - relatively clean, designed specifically for medical growers.

Aurora Roots Soul Synthetics - all very clean, low salt build up. some roots products have CDFA certs.
Cutting Edge Solutions - ditto.

http://www.aurorainnovations.org/
http://www.cuttingedgesolutions.com/

and you can always go with amended or boosted soil as a media, and just water the entire time. Check out moonshine mix recipe, rare dankness has their own version for flowering plants, and tga makes super soil.

ninja

Last edited:
Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

I blanked on what ferts you were actually using. But. Try and stay away from Foxfarm Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, and solubles.

You can always cut Ocean Forest with Perlite, it is very hot often too hot for some seedlings.

Rx Life products - relatively clean, designed specifically for medical growers.

Aurora Roots Soul Synthetics - all very clean, low salt build up. some roots products have CDFA certs.
Cutting Edge Solutions - ditto.

http://www.aurorainnovations.org/
http://www.cuttingedgesolutions.com/

and you can always go with amended or boosted soil as a media, and just water the entire time. Check out moonshine mix recipe, rare dankness has their own version for flowering plants, and tga makes super soil.

ninja
Thanks for all your input. I welcome any and all info, especially since as of last night I inherited 9 ladies. My friends and partners in crime are moving to CO. I'm quite jealous but excited for them all the same. So, they have one 4 x 4 that will not be finished before they leave. Enter me. Nothing like going from getting my feet wet to diving right in. I've been paying attention and after all I am the official POT SITTER for all of their vacations. Needless to say, I've been shopping the interwebs for affordable 4x4 set up... Lights, ex fan time hangers. And battling over hps verses cmh I think I was up till 5 am looking.

Ok so back to original post regarding my current ladies. I have not used any nutes on my ladies so far. They are in FFOF and get RO water. They were in veg for 3 weeks and have been in flower for 11 days The first thing I have ever given them was with last nights water.... PK as suggested by GT21. I will definitely make sure I check for N levels when it's to to add nutes. And everyone is in need to be repotted. I will look into the super thrive and Liquinox B1. An issue I'm running up against is that when I watered last night water went straight through pots!!!! Using common sense and deduction I'm guessing this is because of all the roots in the pot so water just skirts on by??? Or am I so far off base I'm on Jupiter?

Signed

Over night mother of 9

Ps. How the hell am I gonna transport 9 flowering ladies?

Dunge

Dunge

I watered last night water went straight through pots!!!!
I think it likely that water was running down the 'shrinkage gap' formed between soil and pot. The first gulp of water should expand the soil and close these gaps.

Congrats on the up-scale. Should make for good reading.

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

I think it likely that water was running down the 'shrinkage gap' formed between soil and pot. The first gulp of water should expand the soil and close these gaps.

I'm gonna do my best. May the force be with me!!!

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

Shrinkage gaps. Hmmm yes. I'm gonna look into that

Bigweedsy

Bigweedsy

Totally right about shrinkage gap. it's like I'm a first-time mother with a baby "oh my!!! The water goes right through. I'm doing something wrong I'm a horrible parent. They're going to die!!!" like I said before and the official "pot sitter" for my mentor. I've asked a few questions here and there. Paid attention. I know their recipes for what nutrients to use and when. I've kept numerous crops alive. But when they're your babies everything you know when your brain seems to turn to Jell-O so while I was watering tonight I paid attention and witnessed firsthand the first cup going in and then draining at the bottom slightly but when I pour the 2nd cup in it held strong in the pots. Funny how some people learn better by doing things I being one of them. So, I'll this as I'm tired and from the pics that follow you'll see the work I need to do tomorrow. Let's just say you get really busy when you're moving and sometimes a tent gets neglected. Answer me again to take care of business. I nearly shit my pants when I opened this tent. Time to stake. BIG TIME!

Then these are my ladies I inherited. They're my harem

And these gorgeous beauties are about to come down!

Good night zzzzzzz

Top Bottom