Fox tails with 720 Ion led’s

• Thread starter Aperkins1972
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

I’m on 6th week of flower growing with Ion 720 LED’s. Coco/perlite in 3 gallons. Temp 82 & humidity between 70 - 75%, co2 at 1500, EC 2.9. My girls are foxtailing and having weird looking buds. My par is anywhere between 850 - 920. Any help is appreciated! TY!

Fox tails with 720 ion leds
Fox tails with 720 ion leds 2
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Aperkins , what cultivar is that ? is it a seed grow ? or clone ? not that it matters much ...im just curious , many plants will grow out with the" foxtail" characteristic , i used to think in the early days of growing that "foxtail" was an indication of poor growth , but its not
like aquaman stated above , its most likely a genetic trait
your plant looks healthy to me

dire wolf

dire wolf

also , a lot of sativa plants do what yours is doing , and judging by the leaf and structure ...yours looks sativa dominant

get a new strain, cultivar , plant ...next grow will be better

and yea growsince79 is right , your rh is a bit high , keep the air circulating or exhaust

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've seen my flowers do that towards the end of the grow. Not all do it and it has zero effect on quality as long as all other important details are being accounted for. To me, it also doesn't look like true fox-tailing. Fox-tails do not form dense buds. The ones in the OP's pictures look dense and not fluffy. The buds simply have more peaks and valleys than other strains produce.

@Aperkins1972 In this case, I also believe it's genetic and there's nothing amiss with your buds.

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

Hey Aperkins , what cultivar is that ? is it a seed grow ? or clone ? not that it matters much ...im just curious , many plants will grow out with the" foxtail" characteristic , i used to think in the early days of growing that "foxtail" was an indication of poor growth , but its not
like aquaman stated above , its most likely a genetic trait
your plant looks healthy to me
White chocolate(choc diesel x platinum)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What should my temp, EC & RH be at?
Im thinking your going about 8 maybe 9 weeks. Ppfd after swelling you can lower to around 6-700 imo. You can probably drop to about 75f room temps. And you can probably cut EC in half now. You dont want to feed to much N at this point or it can slow the finish.

Others may have their own views on this but thats about where i would be.

The last week to 10 days i drop my ppm to about 300, drop light intensity to about 5-600ppfd and drop my temps to around 70F

Rh around 50% should be fine all the way to the end

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

Im thinking your going about 8 maybe 9 weeks. Ppfd after swelling you can lower to around 6-700 imo. You can probably drop to about 75f room temps. And you can probably cut EC in half now. You dont want to feed to much N at this point or it can slow the finish.

The last week to 10 days i drop my ppm to about 300, drop light intensity to about 5-600ppfd and drop my temps to around 70F

Thank you Aqua man!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Some plants will foxtail when exposed to botrytis. Your rh is way too high and probably

White chocolate(choc diesel x platinum)
Hey A , that might explain it , chocolate is a "thai" based strain , diesel is a somewhat foxtail leaning sativa , im surprised the plant isint completely foxtail ...........
no issue at all over in your growroom ,should be a good harvest , dont worry
are they seed plants ? whos ?

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

Thank you!

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

While I ask this question, I do know everything is a hybrid now, but do Indica leaning, Sativa leaning or hybrids have different par’s they should grow under? My Indica leaning plants seem like they lower par. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

R

RpDIII

The clones lately have developed the fox tail growth 6 weeks into bloom. Though co2 between 800 and 1200, thought be increasing the co2 would offset the heat. 85 degrees rh 58-62. Though seems to have increased the foxtails as part of the growth. Using 2 420 grower choice. Had to reduce intensity prior to co2 enrichment, was hoping the cost would eleviate the problem. No such luck. Foxtails werent a thing up until 9 months ago. I want to replace the 2 1500 vispar spectra lights with 2 feet between the grows in a 16x16 room. Id like to upgrade to 2 500watt vispar, but if fox tails are going to reduce my energy output at the end of the grow, wtf....

Top Bottom