Foxtailing

• Thread starter 420trout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420trout

420trout

I need help! Long story short, I had family at the house and had to hide the tents in the basement (wall-o-boxes). They were hard to get to and did not get much attention for a week, short of quick watering. We had 3 days of 95 degree heat here in Michigan. My temps shot up in the tent, the plants started foxtailing. Just a little one day and then the next all buds had foxtailed. After some reading I think I had my lights too close as well (10-12"). Everything was going great up until this point. Now my buds look like shit! Is there anyway out of foxtailing? I have raised the lights to 16" and opened vents to help cool the tent. What about the buds? Any way to recover from this? I am thinking of chopping them and reloading the flower tent for another round.

growsince79

growsince79

you can try cutting the tip off, but it usually doesn't help much. Sometimes it does.help

420trout

420trout

you can try cutting the tip off, but it usually doesn't help much. Sometimes it does.help
I did that on one bud just to see what would happen. I am hoping I can recover a little. Until this happened they were looking great! It's been 4-5 days since this happened and now each budd has 2-3 inches of foxtail off the top. Not good.

growsince79

growsince79

I did that on one bud just to see what would happen. I am hoping I can recover a little. Until this happened they were looking great! It's been 4-5 days since this happened and now each budd has 2-3 inches of foxtail off the top. Not good.
Oh thats too much. Probably wont work. How close to being done were they? Might need to harvest early and try again.

420trout

420trout

I just took a look and I think that 2-3" foxtailing is more like 1-2". It's killing me to see them like this. Just lightly touching the buds leaves your hand with a nice skunky smell and the buds are sticky. I think I will likely chop them after another week. When I saw the foxtailing I figured it was over for this bunch and started straight water. So I'd like to try to give it another week on water and then chop. I have a veg tent overgrown with plants that need a flower tent. Actually have enough to populate 2 flower tents and still have mother stock to keep cloning for the next round.

IMG 20901
IMG 20891
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Before you chop and when you flush out use cold water, this can help turn your pistols and sometimes helps with minor fox tailing.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Ouch man. I wasn't envisioning it being that bad. Sorry

Anthem

Anthem

All of the new leaf grow seems to be 1 segmented. I have never seen foxtail look like that. Is it possible the lights were on for longer than 12 hours. It looks to me like the plant is trying to reveg.

growsince79

growsince79

All of the new leaf grow seems to be 1 segmented. I have never seen foxtail look like that. Is it possible the lights were on for longer than 12 hours. It looks to me like the plant is trying to reveg.
AC went out once and my room got to 100. I came home from camping and had 5_6 inch tails. I no longer do summer grows.

420trout

420trout

I'll check my timer. I set it and forget it several weeks ago.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I'll send the re veg effect looks like yer timers are malfunctioning.

420trout

420trout

I just checked my timer, fucking thing is in ON mode....meaning 24h a day! Fuck me! I have no idea how that happened. I set it once and flowering started within days so I know it was right at some point. These are the worst looking plants I have ever seen! This is my first serious indoor grow. The only other previous indoor grow was back in the 80's using U-shaped florescents in a homemade Phototron chamber (anyone remember those?). All of my outdoor grows have for the most part been successful. Then again it's not like you can get the time stuck on 24 hours in an outdoor grow.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
yeah we live we make mistakes we learn we make more mistakes we learn :D

It happens.

420trout

420trout

Yeah, but it hurts! Not sure how that timer got put in ON mode. What timers do you use Dabbie?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I just checked my timer, fucking thing is in ON mode....meaning 24h a day! Fuck me! I have no idea how that happened. I set it once and flowering started within days so I know it was right at some point. These are the worst looking plants I have ever seen! This is my first serious indoor grow. The only other previous indoor grow was back in the 80's using U-shaped florescents in a homemade Phototron chamber (anyone remember those?). All of my outdoor grows have for the most part been successful. Then again it's not like you can get the time stuck on 24 hours in an outdoor grow.
Phototron from the 80’s smoked plenty of bud that grown in one! May be we should bring em back? Lmao

420trout

420trout

So After this nasty disaster I cut off what I wanted to use for edibles and tossed the stumps out by the creek. Now they are growing again and quite well too! Anyone every do this? Would this be considered kinda like monster cropping? Could I expect higher thc from these stumps that have revegged and are now starting to flower? I'll try to post a pic later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom