Foxtailing?

• Thread starter Mr.LovaLova
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.LovaLova

I have seen this term used a few times and have read through the forums but can't find a clear answer to what foxtailing actually is. Can someone help a brother out?

H

hellboysavage

i always wondered this to is this do to bad breeding are what causes this just curios

L

Lost

Its the strain or even the pheno. Its pretty cool because mine started out tight nugs and then kept foztailing.. Gunna pull her in a few days.. She's all cloudy now :)

R

Rolln J

heat and too much co2 too late in flowering can cause this as well

R

Rolln J

froggy:

well it actually makes for more trimming and weird looking buds - lots of times when they are foxtailing they are not finishing up - it is a prevalent trait in many long flowering sativas

Blaze

Blaze

It is not always a bad trait to have. Some excellent strains, like Blue Moonshine, always foxtail before finishing. It tends to be a trait associated with strains that have a sativa, particularly thai sativa, in their genetic make-up.

It is bad when a strain that normally does not do it foxtails, as this is an indication that something is wrong.

C

CAPO

Anybody got a solution if one wanted to have the flower harden up rather than keep on flowering pistils.
The only thing that i have found in past grows is to cut out all nitrogen, increase cal/mag, and raise the lights. Would a shorter 'lights on' time help?
Anyone?

R

Rolln J

if your increasing cal mag your still giving nitrogen - I cut cal mag late in flowering - shorter time on sure might help them finish...

raising the lights last few weeks seems to help with resin production/flavor

L

Lost

the heat causes more foxtailing... i still dont understand all this misuse of cal mag.. im not saying this about you guys, but my god i think i have to start bottling some myself for sale...

Some Kush strains will not do so well without it. I mean like they eat 2x what a normal plant does.. Nutes can be pretty strain based.. :)

S

SailerJerry

I've had hazes that fox tailed on me late into flowering like day 70 up to day 85 when I chop it but I never had any problems. Actually some of the best pictures I took of my plants had foxtails and just made the cola look like a mutant. Even if its a trait people don't like I think sometimes it looks sick in pictures.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

This happened to my indoor grow when the timer accidentally got bumped and upped the light period very late in flower. Buds started foxtailing like crazy and added on tons of new trichs. We discovered the mishap too late. We couldn't figure out what was taking them so long to finish. Duh! The buds did not finish off. We had amber, white, and clear in nearly even proportions and the stuff tasted crappy. We made some decent bubble hash with it tho.

CC

S

SmokeMan

I think it happens naturally in some strains. I have a clone only(catalyst) that foxtails everytime no matter what when she is about done.

K

Kennie_B

I think it happens naturally in some strains. I have a clone only(catalyst) that foxtails everytime no matter what when she is about done.

so smokeman do you just cut when you see it starting or do just let it go?

Latest posts

Top Bottom