• Thread starter Theapprentice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theapprentice

Theapprentice

Well fellow THC Farmers
im about 2 weeks away from starting my first grow

Here are tha materials i have chosen to help me

let me know if you think im missing anything.
i will be doing a perpetual auto flower grow starting 3-4 every week
grow journal coming soon:party0045:

P

primeform

interesting. are you limited on space or power? Id prolly just put all the money into 2x 1000 watt ballast and hoods. buy the ocean forest at a local shop. most of the stuff your getting isnt a "necessity" and you can buy after you pull down your first round.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

I agree with primeform. with a little prioritizing, you can get way more bang for your buck.

just dont buy a tent from them whatever you do. you'll regret it.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

mmm i didnt see a tent anywhere on there
i didnt price it out, but the $349 package looks like a good deal
ph and ppm testers are a must have, read the manuals before you even turn the thing on (i messed up my first probe)
personally im not a fan of t5's, everything they can do, that 400 will do w/o moving lights around
hit craigslist with what you were guna spend on that t5. might be able to find another 400 watt

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

and all sorts of fans
tall fans, short fans, skinny fans, fat fans, wall fans

S

smokestack23

Those prices don't look TOO bad and all that stuff looks ok. You could do a lot worse.

With that stuff, a decent strain (maybe the most important piece of the puzzle), and as was suggested..some FANS, you should have some success and get your feet wet. Sounds like a decent entry level set-up.

I gotta say, it's refreshing to see someone starting out right rather than coming here and saying something like.."OK I'm starting out in 2 weeks and I want to grow 25lbs of bud. I have 10-1K bulbs and ballasts coming. Is there anything else I need or need to know?".

Now, as was said, you could get a lot more bang for your buck..but then again, maybe you have some other limiting factors like space or power.

So, the way I see it, you have two options. Spend the money a little more wisely on things like one or two 1 thousand or 600 watters, fans,timers, medium, nutes, cloning chamber...which would probably have to be sourced from different dealers...
or
Do what you are planning (plus fans) and learn as you go. You'll learn a lot about growing plus you'll see why we were saying to get more/bigger lights (kidding). Seriously though..you can always upgrade as you go..and learn.

OR...I know..this is THREE choices..
You could look at everything in those "kits" you're looking at and look for the same separate items on eBay or CL, kijiji...things like cloning chambers you can get at walmart or anywhere. You'll probably find that you can get the same stuff cheaper..or for ex. a 600W instead of the 400 for the same $.
Then there's separate shipping and stuff.

So..maybe stick with what you're planning (PLUS FANS I said lol) and you and your room can grow as you go..I mean expand.

Oh and I agree..screw the T%...but it IS cheap so if you're strapped go for it. If you have extra $..get a 400W...OR..get a 600W and use that 400 from the kit in place of the T5. There you go!

Theapprentice

Theapprentice

wow. thanks for all the advice.
im just gonna try to respond in one post......

issue :
1) im not strapped for space or power, just cash not trying to spend over about 6-700
2) as far as the t-5 lights, they were just for the first week (seed-sprout), then im puting under the 400.
3) i didnt mention the fans. I got bunch of box fans i probably will be using 2-3
4)i planned on this setup as a small learning procces( the feminized autoflower seeds seemed the way to go as well) after the first harvest i will begin to buy 600 or 1000 watt lights, then begin a test run on an ebbon flow system.
5) i think i will be build my own grow box as well (or possiby just leave it open air) i do realize leaving it in open air will raise chances of possible contamination ie: spider mites and mold, but i also think if i just keep the enviorment steril as possible i should be ok.
6) as far as ebay and things of that nature i want to avoid. the HTG store is a 30 min drive from my house, so i will most likely be sticking with them until i can afford a nice system.

i hope i anwered all ideas . thanks again for you help!!!

Top Bottom