Free Co2

• Thread starter The Jewels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Jewels

The Jewels

Sooo, I am broiling some steaks,,,

When I opened up the oven door - my CO2 metre alarm goes off. From across the kitchen, the reading spikes up to 1100ppm .

Curious, as am I, I begin my pseudoscientific investigation .
I take the metre outside, and the reading drops to normal range.
Measurements again inside, @ floor level, up near the ceiling,,,sure enough the electric oven is spouting CO2 .

Manipulating this find to my advantageous climate, I selected a coil heater for my flower room .
Sure enough, by lights on, I had CO2 readings over 1000.

Homesteader

Homesteader

gas being burned will raise co2 but not electric. Are you using soil for your grow? raising temps on soil will increase microbe respiration. they breathe oxygen and breathe out co2. 80 degrees give or take makes them most active. need more info on your situation, sounds dangerous. was this during night? plants will breathe out excess co2 at night

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Sooo, I am broiling some steaks,,,

When I opened up the oven door - my CO2 metre alarm goes off. From across the kitchen, the reading spikes up to 1100ppm .

Curious, as am I, I begin my pseudoscientific investigation .
I take the metre outside, and the reading drops to normal range.
Measurements again inside, @ floor level, up near the ceiling,,,sure enough the electric oven is spouting CO2 .

Manipulating this find to my advantageous climate, I selected a coil heater for my flower room .
Sure enough, by lights on, I had CO2 readings over 1000.

Hahahahahha

Homesteader

Homesteader

Reading it again and i think you want to look into plant respiration. I'm not sure about the steaks though, i hope they weren't that rare.:) get it? cows breathe steaks dont. not that funny i guess

Do you have a gas oven?

The Jewels

The Jewels

That is exceptional critical thinking .
You gave me the benefit on the measurements, and explored further possibilities.

I just started flower, hence have only had the electric heater on for a couple days.

I assumed I was seeing the same thing again.
Measurements, observations, contemplation, with some reading and a little sense I may wrap my head around the C4 Calvin cycle .

The Jewels

The Jewels

I just finished flipping on the lights.
After 12 hours of dark the CO2 was 625 and Temp was 19.5 (67f)

I was scratching my head and contemplating the differences in between and realized that my CO2 meter is on my exhaustion power bar .
Yesterday, as the lights warmed up, time had elasped before I turned on the fan , whilst I took some photos and fawned a bit.
I musta been huffing like @Homesteader 's heifers,,,
The higher readings from yesterday were supplemented by - yours truly .:eyepiece:

Homesteader

Homesteader

No could have also been due to the increase in temps. 67 is too low for microbes to party. 80 is perfect and will get them dancin.

Top Bottom