Freeze Drying flowering with harvest right. New to forum looking for info instead of trial and error first

• Thread starter mycotrichologist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mycotrichologist

Hi to all. Newcomer to forum not to flower. Curious if anyone has any experience or recommended settings or times for freeze drying flower with harvest right medium freeze dryer. And best method to reconstitute a little moisture.

Z

Zill

Myco,

Freeze dryers are expensive, no. Most freeze dry cycles are not really very well developed. To ensure a dry product most will dry for an inordinate amount of time simply because they didn't take the time to develop a good dry cycle. Most things are dry in two three days. But that's with one of the enormous Hul freeze dryers.

I wouldn't worry about defining a perfect drying cycle. Run it for a day or two then check the buds. If you want to add back moisture place the buds in quart mason jars with a humidity sensor. I would not get those buds wetter than 50-60% RH.

Why are you freeze drying then adding back moisture?

ACSippi

ACSippi

Late reply but for future reference...

I had a Scientific with a Medium rack and just ran a normal cycle. The only changes I made were to the shelf Temps, lowest setting. Works perfectly except when you get to the smoking part. All that info can be found.

What the OP is after is how do you make it delishious! I learned right away, ain't no one giving up those secrets. I know a guy that will sell you his secrets along with a tool if you can't figure it out. I opted to figure it out myself.

In the end freeze drying FLOWER is a nogo. While you can get delishious flower after trial and err the brittleness ruined it. More kief on the table than in the joint. The Kief is so dry it flies around like pollin so even a ceiling fan on low is enough to blow the kief everywhere. Next thing you know you have tricrome heads stuck everywhere even a couple feet away. It's like they instantly melt wherever they land. I'm having flashbacks.

I re contacted the guy that sells advise and asked him if anything can be done about the brittleness. At this point I was ready to buy his device if he would have said it would work. I already knew nothing could be done but would have straight up bought it. He said nothing can be done.

I wasted a lot of time, money and weed so you dont have to. Weed is my life and I was happy to do it.

FD is great for water extraction, the Kief just presses bad when making Rosin. FDs and weed just don't mix.

I don't have experience with FD and making solvent based extracts so those guy may have a different experience. Actually probably better.

Top Bottom