Freezer Curing

• Thread starter Dr kabuki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

This is my 2nd harvest. I put the last harvest in mason jars then into the freezer. It really worked well for me :). It worked So well that I am going to buy a small ($130.00) freezer at best buy.
Here is my question.
When I put buds in freezer moist, The bud I take out a week or 2 is really to dry. crumblee dry:( . Why is that?
I put the buds in mason jars closed tight no burping.
But they look so nice and green still.
Can I put a boveda pack 62% in the jar with the bud then into the freezer?

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

We find that fridge curing is great. We tend to put the bud in a tupper in the fridge around when it's almost properly mason jar cured. None of our buds in the fridge have turned dry or crumbly.

We haven't tried this in the freezer. How long has it been in the freezer? You mention last harvest.

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

has anyone ever put a boveda pack in the freezer with the buds? to cure?
I first let the bud air dry upside down in the garage on the stem. after 2-3 days max, into mason jars and into freezer

Dbear180

Dbear180

Bovedas in Turkey bags in cool dark cabinets. Been doing it for years. I still have some bubba around from over a year ago & it smokes & tastes great. Idk about freezing, sounds overkill to me but I've never done it, so to each his own.

Monster762

Monster762

If you put in freezer it’ll feel dry but let that same jar sit at room temp couple hours. It’ll be soaked. Idk I tried freezing. Smells great that way holds nice fluorescent green but it don’t dry none for real. Unless maybe real real cold and also a way to remove the moist air. It just pulls moisture outward and freezes it. Then when it warms it’s all soaked again. If I freeze I transfer to different container immediately after pulling out freezer. The walls of the frozen container are covered in water. That’s the frosty look. I’ve even had 90% dry bud turn to soaking wet unsmokable bud by freezing it trying to pull that last bit out. Transfer of containers is def important.

madgrower

madgrower

If you put in freezer it’ll feel dry but let that same jar sit at room temp couple hours. It’ll be soaked. Idk I tried freezing. Smells great that way holds nice fluorescent green but it don’t dry none for real. Unless maybe real real cold and also a way to remove the moist air. It just pulls moisture outward and freezes it. Then when it warms it’s all soaked again. If I freeze I transfer to different container immediately after pulling out freezer. The walls of the frozen container are covered in water. That’s the frosty look. I’ve even had 90% dry bud turn to soaking wet unsmokable bud by freezing it trying to pull that last bit out. Transfer of containers is def important.
I found freezings to make a smooth smoke but with no aroma. Tends to smell like hay for me

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Bro think about it, wet buds into a freezer. Freezer is for making concentrates. Please stop putting your herb in the freezer then post it on here and have everyone ruinning there weed

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

this is the new stuff i cut yesterday, I let net dry for one day/2 days in the dark. Then it goes in a brown bag for a day or 2. then into mason jars. Then into the freezer.

DSCN1542
DSCN1541
Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

LOL lol right. I don't trim up tight till just about too enjoy it. But will post a pic of what it looks like trimmed up .ray Charles lol now that's was funny

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I just take all the sugar leaves no matter how frosty. The only reason i grow is to get quality weed and smoking leaves is not something i prefer but, to each their own.

Top Bottom