Freezer Hash

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

The wife gifted me with bubble bags at Christmas. Been trying make the most of it. As I have learned the colder the better during processing. With warming temps coming on, and at the time and a ample supply healing, and cooking oils I still wanted some more hash. Had a brain fart. We have a small upright freezer. Decided to use it to keep the five gallon bucket super cool. It worked amazing. By the time we were extracting the last bag it was almost frozen.The best yield I have done. Using two ounces of dehydrated trim produced this yield. Just a little green from not much curing.

Freezer hash
Freezer hash 2

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Excellent tech for keeping your material icy-cold! I wish I had a little box freezer like that to run my mini washing machine in! that first run is some awesome looking product as well!! Respect!

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Awesome!!! Just don't let it get moldy... My first mistake awhile back when I first tried... But now I make some nice stuff too!;)

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Once it's dry I'd say freeze the chunks for a quick second and microplane the hash so that it grates up finely. It'll help keep the color light as well as make sure the hash dries evenly

Mogrow

Mogrow

nice run homie, i did the same thing the other day, minus the freezer, but it was cold in the garage.
peace mogrow

Orcaman

Orcaman

I was nice to not worry about needing more ice. And then closing the freezer door while extracting each screen. That really kept the water cold. Thanks All!:)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Once it's dry I'd say freeze the chunks for a quick second and microplane the hash so that it grates up finely. It'll help keep the color light as well as make sure the hash dries evenly
As I am not happy with the end result of this batch. I'm going to save this in till I have more trim in a few weeks. This time I am going to freeze it fresh and not use dried material and rehash this batch then at the same time.

Mogrow

Mogrow

As I am not happy with the end result of this batch. I'm going to save this in till I have more trim in a few weeks. This time I am going to freeze it fresh and not use dried material and rehash this batch then at the same time.
So Orcaman,, do you leave the hash in chunks or do you grate it down?

Orcaman

Orcaman

So Orcaman,, do you leave the hash in chunks or do you grate it down?
Hey Mogrow, So far I have been leaving it in chunks. I mix the 73, 90, and 120 together for smoking. The rest goes into cooking. Only my fifth round. Loving all the advice I can get.:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom