Freezer tincture

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Hello all

I get mixed results making tinctures in the freezee

This is my 5th round, batch. Very mixed results.

I decarb at 230f for 50 min

Add into mason jar w enough everclear to cover weed by 1/2 inch more

Freezer n shake daily for 5 days

Screen out buds with 190 micron paint filter n than coffee filters

Reduce by heat or a 4 inch desk fan down to 20% of starting amount

Back in freezer for 24hrs

The first run I used a zip of junk of a lb, I’ve used 4 gs n 10, etc

I have been reading about how to make a potent freezer style batch here n other forums for 6 wks. Determined to make something that will hit hard

I’ve only got that from a few huge doses from my runs. I’ve taken 5ml before n regardless I’ve never been able to find a correct dose.

I do smoke a good bit, high tolerance. I think I need a 50-65mg dose

Any help w freezer style processing??

I know it could do much less time in freezer. I’ve got yellow, green, black, very dark green colors before too.

Using 3g tonight for a mini batch, wana make the most of it

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I just followed a recipe

The freezer method is all over the place online

The reg90 day dark caninet
Freezer
Rice cooker hot plate slow cooker - hot/green dragon way

Are the 3 methods I’ve found to be popular

There’s a 1150 page thread on another spot like this. There’s guys here doing it this way.

If I only should freezer buds and 190 that’s something more of what I’m thinking now. N just freeze after reducing to winterize

My bathes are ok now but I know they could be much much better

Any help, much appreciated

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Only need to freeze or cryo wash only if winterizing. Or else it's a step that's not needed.

For RSO, green dragon, you actually want all the garbage AND cannanaboids.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

So after reduction I would put back into freezer for 24hrs as my last step? To winterize??

Avoid the freezer as a whole too?? I don’t want to be spoon feed but there so many how to”s n diy articles listing 3 ways to make tinctures

I am do not want rso, I can make that w good success but do like the long wait time once I infuse coconut oil

Trying to make a 1-3 drop dose that will deliver 30-50 mg. I do reduce my starting oz by 90 % too.

I know I’m just making some mistakes that cost me potency

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

You ONLY need a freezer or cryo to winterize. If winterizing is. Ot needed, neither is a freezer.

If your making a tincture, rso, capsules, edibles, no winterizing is needed.

If your making bho, distillate or a top shelf dabble product, then you must winterize to get the lipids/waxes/chylorphyl out.

KLight03

KLight03

So after reduction I would put back into freezer for 24hrs as my last step? To winterize??

Avoid the freezer as a whole too?? I don’t want to be spoon feed but there so many how to”s n diy articles listing 3 ways to make tinctures

I am do not want rso, I can make that w good success but do like the long wait time once I infuse coconut oil

Trying to make a 1-3 drop dose that will deliver 30-50 mg. I do reduce my starting oz by 90 % too.

I know I’m just making some mistakes that cost me potency
Sorry to revive and old thread, but I couldn't help, but to chime in. I'm with you on this, as I found this in my research, too. Except my research lead me to others who have used it. I was led to believe it was straight freezer, into bottle. Here's the article. I'm going to try it once my grow is ready. Using the KISS method seems to work the best for me.

Luckydux

Luckydux

Regardless of whether you choose a hot or cold method,why not evaporate all the alcohol and decarb the oil visually? Then just add a bit of alcohol back. It might eliminate any discrepancies that your decarb could be causing.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Could you clarify how you decarb'd visually? Is it that you heat it at a certain temp until it stops bubbling?

Luckydux

Luckydux

Yes. When it stops bubbling it’s done. I don’t personally like to let it go all the way because it has quite a sedative effect on me. I’m told it’s because CBN has become more dominant. Regardless, I tend to take it off the heat after it’s been at 235-240f for about 5 minutes. There will still be some tiny bubbles and movement at that point but the alcohol has been removed and I consider it to be decarbed.

A double boiler method on a digital induction cooktop makes the process easy to control🍺

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

The freezer method freezes the trichomes and makes them brittle
When you shake your ground cannabis in a jar you are breaking up the trichomes and releasing the oils inside, heat pretty much does the same thing

I use the freezer method for ease and safety, great results using 190 proof everclear
I decarbed at 240 for 40 minutes, take into account the age of your cannabis if you can, dried out brick weed may not need as long to decarb, but the above temp and time never fail me

I freeze the alcohol and cannabis for at least 24 hours after decarb
I do the shake for 5 minutes, freeze 2 hours, then another 5 minute shake
I use a set up of a stainless steel coffee filter lined with a paper filter placed in a ceramic coffee dripper and cover the top with a 190 micron filter bag
IMG 20201214 102242
IMG 20201214 102335
IMG 20201213 220642

This particular batch of tincture I forgot for 8 hours in the freezer and it was a cloudy extraction with a lot of undesirables
I go way beyond the need and use a buchner filter to clean it up and get rid of the color and taste
You can use a coffee warmer and a fan near a window for reduction or scale up to a table top electric stovetop and double boiler set up
IMG 20201201 185230

Sometimes the info overload can be frustrating, I learned my method, for a seriously ill in-law on the fly, and folks were very supportive
Good luck!

Top Bottom