Freezing BHO

• Thread starter spin doc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spin doc

Putting my oil in vials has gotten to be a royal pain in the ass ... experience has not made this chore any easier. So the other night I tried an experiment. After purging I placed the pyrex dish in the deep freeze and let the oil freeze over night. Then I scraped it into a pile of frozen crystals. This made it a whole lot easier to put it into vials while it was still in crystal form (though I am afaid I may have gotten a small amount of 'frost' as well). Once filled, I let the vials sit on top of my water heater (approximately 90*) and the crystals 'melted'. What started as a full vial ended up being approximately 1/3 to 1/2 full of oil.

Do you think this process compromised the quality of the oil?

N

NorCalD9

i put my BHO in jar/vials the same way and it dosent change anything IMO tbo it is mush easier to use when its frozen

Peace
D9

D

Double Kindness

After purging my bho, I frequently store it on parchment paper in my freezer, as some of my patients want their oil on parchment paper, some in vials. I also think the vials are a pain in the ass to load and deal with. I like to freeze my oil (although I did notice a couple of strains I grow, the oil won't freeze and is very runny, from pure buds BTW), then when it's frozen it's easier to break up and weigh, but should be done quickly, then it's easy to know what's a .5g or 1g etc. in parchment paper squares to put into vials if my patient wants the oil in a vial.

C

cannabinoid

sometimes if you store BHO in the freezer for extended period of time and bring it out to room temperature to enjoy immediately, slight condensation from the ambient moisture will occur on the surface of the oil. you'll notice a few dabs that crackle a tiny bit more than usual. when i have my oil in a covered container and allow it to reach near room before uncovering, it seems to avoid this problem

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
when handeling oil, freezer temps is the only way to go imvho. like Dk said its alot easier to break up into smaller amts.

Confu...

R

ReDLuBE

i will tell you all a secret, get a pair of fly tying pliers or those roach clips you steal from the doctors office, forcepts i think, and a thin blade warm your pan slightly until the oil is soft enough to scrape, now you have oil on the blade at the end of your clip, heat vial with lighter, then heat blade with lighter then drip in vial. will upload a picture for you guys tomorrow morning, wife calling.................

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
i will tell you all a secret, get a pair of fly tying pliers or those roach clips you steal from the doctors office, forcepts i think, and a thin blade warm your pan slightly until the oil is soft enough to scrape, now you have oil on the blade at the end of your clip, heat vial with lighter, then heat blade with lighter then drip in vial. will upload a picture for you guys tomorrow morning, wife calling.................

Any pix?

B

blueburnsorange

sometimes if you store BHO in the freezer for extended period of time and bring it out to room temperature to enjoy immediately, slight condensation from the ambient moisture will occur on the surface of the oil. you'll notice a few dabs that crackle a tiny bit more than usual. when i have my oil in a covered container and allow it to reach near room before uncovering, it seems to avoid this problem

I have the same experience as described here....

Because I'm not in a "manufacturing-friendly" area I often travel to a friend's place, do a bunch of runs and then individually wrap them in parchment and freeze them for storage. The longest I've stored oil in the freezer was approx 5 months and it was stored in a dabbing dish inside of a tupperware container.

After I pulled it out of storage I noticed just the slightest bit of condensation on top of the frozen oil. I heated the dish up to about 100F so I could get the oil out and then spread it thin on pyrex overnight. By morning it was hard and ready to go!

K

Kush321

I wonder about freshness, purity, does the cold make it purge more. does it "cure" it more? this what I what to know

B

blueburnsorange

IMHO, I think the only thing that freezing could do would be introduce more moisture into your oil but you can minimize that. I keep mine in glass dishes, inside of glass mason jars inside of tupperware. After almost 6 months, no freezer burn.

Since butane evaporates at below 32F, I guess that it is still possible to effect the oil while frozen but I've frozen both fully purged and partially purged oil before and both have come out OK (of course, I finished purging the incomplete batches before smoking!)

Top Bottom