Fresca Sol users (yo Widowmaker)

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Thanks Widow....so I have a 12'x12'x8' room I was going to dedicate to starting vertical. I have an extra 12K mini split ac, sante fe classic dehumidifer, chill king 2HP chiller and more 1000 watt ballast than you can shake a stick at. How would you set up the room? I do not want to do MPB yet.

See

:icon_spin:

D

DrFeelGood

I am going to try a 4 plant liquid cooled double stacked 1KW MPB with larger plant reservoirs. My room is approximately 17' x 20' x 9' tall. I have no idea how big of a water chiller or reservoir is necessary to cool the 18kw of lights. I tried to PM you Widowmaker but I am not allowed yet. Also I am not sure how big the plant reservoirs, main res for the plants, and chiller for the plant res need to be. I have beenthinking of using these Rubbermaid stock tanks as reservoirs- 69"W x 63.25"L x 25"H and holds 300 gallons (1135.6 L).The best price I found online was $165.

Thanks,

DR FG

L

Loudblunts

for calculating your chiller size, of course bigger is always better

but a stepping/starting stone would be to base your needs from 3.41 btu are created from every watt

so roughly 3500btu per 1k watter, then a generous 2500btu can be added for the ballast (this is why we try to aim and stick the ballast outside grow area)

3500*18=63,000btu

a 5hp chiller is about 60k btu

a 6hp chiller is about 72k btu

F

FileError404

If you have enough space outside your room you could do it like Coxie and cool them from a pool, saving chiller costs:

Best of luck with the project!

L

Loudblunts

dude +k WM

been dreaming about underground/buried reservoirs for a while now

just cant think of a good excuse for that backhoe in my yard..... hehe

damn nosey neighbors

S

Seed Buyer

Thanks for the illustration Widowmaker. I am already running 12K in lighting, a 5ton ac and a Sante Fe Dehumidifier at that house so I don't think I can push the limits at that spot by adding a bunch more thousands. Might have to wait until this winter. Do you think 600 HPS would work worth a shit in vertical?

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Thanks for the illustration Widowmaker. I am already running 12K in lighting, a 5ton ac and a Sante Fe Dehumidifier at that house so I don't think I can push the limits at that spot by adding a bunch more thousands. Might have to wait until this winter. Do you think 600 HPS would work worth a shit in vertical?

They are almost half the light of a 1000w. Some folks say don't bother. If your using a cool tube on it your going to lose ~4% because of the glass.

So you have to optimize their application. Assuming your using them on the perimeter of the room.
The 600w lights will work better if they are moved closer in and reflectors will help with the fact that the 600w lights are not as bright. They can be tilted at an angle to put as much light on the plant as possible.
:icon_spin:

Top Bottom