Fresh air intake

• Thread starter Caniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caniac

Caniac

Ok so I have a 5x5 tent with a 1000 watt hps. I have a 6 inch 440 cfm exhaust fan that runs through a cool tube and then outside. Currently I am just opening the 3 or 4 intake flaps around the tent and letting the 6 inch suck fresh air in. Question is should I have a intake fan bringing fresh air in? If so how many cfm. My temps and humidity are pretty much perfect.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not if you dont need one.

That said i like to use about half to 2/3 the cfm of the exhaust for intake fans. They do reduce the stress on the exhaust fan and in my room i am pushing air conditioned air in to the flower room from the veg/ lung room next room over. Passive intake was not enough.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Ok. Thanks. A friend was saying something about negative pressure as my tent is sucked in a bit from the 6 inch.
Negative pressure will force your exhaust fan to work harder than it needs too. Unless you’re able to leave the flaps open during lights off. I had to add an intake fan dispute what everyone told me. It all comes down to what you’re needs are like chemistry said.

Colossus

Colossus

I was told equal the air out to air in!

Pulling out 1000, put back 1000... Having said that im in ur boat, my tents main zip is open and shits sucked in like a crack junkie 🤦 coz my exhaust is over kill and i don't have an intake at all just 1 standing fan in the room

Latest posts

Top Bottom