Fresh Air Intake

• Thread starter Ryesty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryesty

Ryesty

So I’ve been getting this shed dialed in still. It’s a new build. With one semi successful test run. Made a lot of upgrades and need some input on my cold air intake. I’ve read that attaching about 15 feet of insulated duct will warm it enough to not harm the plants. I use a 6” inline fan to pull the hot air off of my lights and a 6 inch inline to pull fresh air into the room. It gets down to about 20 from about midnight till 9am. Both fans are hooked to a thermostat controlled switch so the come off and on as needed. Any other ideas or what has worked for you is greatly appreciated.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

So I’ve been getting this shed dialed in still. It’s a new build. With one semi successful test run. Made a lot of upgrades and need some input on my cold air intake. I’ve read that attaching about 15 feet of insulated duct will warm it enough to not harm the plants. I use a 6” inline fan to pull the hot air off of my lights and a 6 inch inline to pull fresh air into the room. It gets down to about 20 from about midnight till 9am. Both fans are hooked to a thermostat controlled switch so the come off and on as needed. Any other ideas or what has worked for you is greatly appreciated.
I was wondering if you could just run the intake thru the lights. This would heat the air, cool the lights and eliminate a fan in the intake equation. There is some debate on the effect cold air and condensation would have on the bulbs within the hood. I'd look into that more. You could then use the second fan for exhausting shed.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I was wondering if you could just run the intake thru the lights. This would heat the air, cool the lights and eliminate a fan in the intake equation. There is some debate on the effect cold air and condensation would have on the bulbs within the hood. I'd look into that more. You could then use the second fan for exhausting shed.
Then again, after reading what I just said, I think you could install uninsulated ducting, run the ducting up into the headspace of shed allowing the cool air to mix the hot air.

Ryesty

Ryesty

Then again, after reading what I just said, I think you could install uninsulated ducting, run the ducting up into the headspace of shed allowing the cool air to mix the hot air.
That’s what others seem to be doing, and I already have the insulated duct. I have pulled cold air from outside through my hoods and out through another vent. Works good if the outside temps aren’t to low. I feel I t’s just to cold here at this time of year to pull that 20 degree air through the lights. Though I will when it warms up and I run sealed.

Top Bottom