fresh clones , can someone chime in with some insite?

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

i just took about 50 fresh clones today , first time in 2 years cloning , and i may have cut some alittle to long , and where i was flushign my plants with watter and spraying them so they would eat up the nitrogen , before cut them , about 50 % of them have no stand up strength , will this hurt them ? i will post a pic in the am .. thanks all

J

jdubz206

make sure you have a dome on and mist em down...also make sure the cuts are firmly placed into the medium...

N

NBfrost

here are some pics

here are the pics of those clones ... things are workign alittle better , but toady when i took the hood off theere was a bad smell , maby from the jump start?

Clones 008
Clones 001
Clones 003
N

NBfrost

im doing alittlexperament , oasia cubs , rockwool , and jiffy pellets , what % they root , and how fast , i plan on usign coco tomarrow and comparing all teh results

N

NBfrost

one of the stems jsut above the rockwool turned mushy , does this mean there is too humitdy there ?

O

OGkushsmoker

i took a 10" clone and i thought i fucked up because it looked dead bent n half i gave her a small feeding of gravity and the next time i took a look she was reaching for the lights

I

in the air

if the are too wet the will not root fast at all. there is a right amount of moisture you want to have. you want it moist in there not soaking. wet enough that the top of the dome is moist but not so wet that yo have "standing" water at bottom. not having the cuts soaking wet and not to cold goes along way. if the cuts are real cold move them closer to light or a heating pad for a hr or so a day will help. good luck

ITA

N

NBfrost

thanks for the help , what if there too hot right now the room temp is around 24.7 celeus .... i had on stem really jelly right by where it goes into the rockwool cube
so i re cut it .. thinks that will work ? i just cut the shitty hald inch orr and re placed teh clone insde the cube with new hormone

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

You might want to try rooting in cups of perlite. I make mini hempy buckets to start my clones. I don't use a dome any more, just mist them 3-4 times day. 5-7 days under the flouros and they're rooted and ready to go.

N

NBfrost

thanks man i goign to do another batch very soon , going to do this one in coco and i will use pure perlite

D

draksensi

best results i get are with root riot cubes, clonex, a dome, sprayed on lid of dome only and not directly onto cuttings roots show within 9 days usually.

S

scuba steve

I use 100% coco coir with great results,dip in rooting hormone, i do not need a humidity dome,just foliar spray with dilluted superthrive or any b-12 supplement.The length looks ok on the clones they should perk up in no time,good luck on the clones.

M

med.botany

this is my second go round with taking cuttings and im trying new things to get better results..im not taking as many cuts as u but im only takin 5-10 at a time cause i dont wanna shock my mom..but my first go round i took ten cuts and only one survived..for me it was hard keeping the humidity between 90-100% without soaking the plants..now i got this lil DYI dome i made from GLAD containers..six cuts made, not a single one has gotten soggy or droopy..the temp n RH stay perfectly between 70-73 F and 95% RH (constant).put tape around it cause it would dry out faster with the cracks exposed.no hormones, except clonex gel, just water to keep humid n moist..and the smell you'r gettin is the nutes cookin in the dome..i had the smell thing before i did this.

CIMG1781
N

NBfrost

that looks awsome man , i see u are using rockwool , i had tryed 6 in rock wool and they all died . my clones were fully rooted in 8 and 9 days , and the only ones that came threw was the oasis cubes and the jiffy pucks .. i had 6 die out of 50 so i guess thats not to bad , but they were all the rock wool ones , but i did drop a couple of the cuts on the floor right after i cut them so i think it may have been an embolism not the medium . going to take some more and use the coco this time..

O

Old Yeller

What scuba steve says ^^^
I've rooted clones in everything under the sun & the only thing that comes close to my small aero-cloner is plain Coco, Clonex & no humidity domes - just spray everyday with a touch of Superthrive or Hormex in good water.

N

Nuglover

Dude check out Subcool's cloning method using Rapid Rooters(and cheap ass rooting powder from Home Depot). 8 days in a dome removed once a day.3-4 days after that fully rooted. I haven't lost a single clone since using this method. Hope this helps.

N

NBfrost

thanks all for the insite , i jsut bought some pure canna coco , im going to try this out , ill let you all know how it goes with pics .. will jump start work instead of superthrive or clonex?. .. i use a liquid rooting gel as well

M

med.botany

Dude check out Subcool's cloning method using Rapid Rooters(and cheap ass rooting powder from Home Depot). 8 days in a dome removed once a day.3-4 days after that fully rooted. I haven't lost a single clone since using this method. Hope this helps.

yeah i really like his method.kinda based of his but smaller.i have a bunch of rockwool cubes layin around and no sense not usin 'em...im gettin rapid rooters next forsure

NBF..i use clonex gel and i just got some powder stuff my local hydro store makes and im testin the two right now

Latest posts

Top Bottom