Fresh ECSD / Blockhead 500 / HINDU FUNERAL / JonnY BlaZe / Stargate Kush

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

The first tester run of small plants with little or no veg time, 99 arranged around two 1000 watt HPS lights in cooltubes. The goal is 30 grams per plant and the preliminary results are anywhere from 15-32 grams per plant among the different strains! That means from the start I am pulling 3 pounds per light with no veg at all or at most 12 days of it, and using 1.5 gallon pots with promix. These ones were smaller than I could have them so 30 grams a plant now that I know what size to flip them at is going to be very realistic. 6-8 pounds at a time from only TWO lights hell yes that's what I am talking about when i say that flat gardens are wasteful and obsolete. If you're a hippy and you bitch about how indoor growing is wasteful, well I bet you still run a flat garden. Get with the times people, flat garden = waste of time and space and effort and everything else you can think of. Just a total waste. Vertical is the only way to go.

First up ECSD, followed by Jonny Blaze. The Blaze went 90 days of flowering! This sour D went 56 days, but looks riper than it would on a normal plant because vertical also causes every strain to finish about 10 days faster in my setup.

Ecsdbuds
Ecsdbuds 2
Jonny blaze buds 5
Jonny blaze buds 3
fractal

fractal

Here we have my own proprietary blend of ECSD and white widow, creating what I call the Hindu Funeral. Called so because it's a combination of a Widow, some Diesel and it's the FIIIIIIIRE ! ECSD absolutely did not contribute to the potency of this one, it gets the raw potency from the widow. The flavors and bud structure are more similar to the sour and also it finishes at 52-65 days depending on which of the 4 phenos. Pictured is pheno #4 taken at 55 days and for the record, HF #2 has made me forget all about Chemdog #4. Good riddance, chem smells like feet infected with gangrene. This shit smells like pussy, good clean delicious pussy.

Second up are some huge and gnarly Kush buds of a cut that is called Stargate Kush. Don't know why, all I know is it's a great yielder, the kush spice and chocolate hash flavors are in full effect and it looks AAA+. Rumor has it this kush was originally cultivated on site at the Stanford Linear Accelerator and hybridized from OG and a mystery strain by a serious old school hippy.

HINDU FUNDERAL4 2
HINDU FUNDERAL4
KUSHbuds 2
KUSHbuds
fractal

fractal

Blockhead 500, because it was selected from 500 female plants back around 2003. May the gods bless seaweed for the art of selection ! This is shown at 43 days into flowering, flush starts next watering and it will be ready at 60 days.

This one has a smell like no other. It will stink through a brick wall like the most skunky sour candy grapes you can imagine. Just today I was smelling the buds and my first impression was blueberries, grapefruits, roadkill, and model airplane glue! yummy!

BLOCKHEAD40days
BLOCKHEAD 43 days 2
BLOCKHEAD 43 days 5
fractal

fractal

The 1998 High Times Cannabis Cup winner, Super Silver Haze from greenhouse seeds. The original clone brought back from the Dam and passed out pretty widely. I have seen buds of this clone sold in oakland last winter. 55 days for 2.5 pounds a light in flat garden with hydro trays. In this vertical system, probably 40 grams a plant or close to 4.5 pounds per light if I filled up all the racks with nothing but this. However it's so stank nasty and funky like cat piss I get tired of it if it is all I have to smoke. Not because it isn't the chronic but it is just TOO DAMN FUNKY, just gross sick dank orange smell that makes you gag. Pictured here at day 44 of flowering.

1998SSH vert racks 45days 3
1998SSH vert racks 45days 2
1998SSH vert racks 45days 4
1998SSH vert racks 45days
true grit

true grit

Looking awesome bro, that Stargate is sick but im jealous of that SSH cut! love me some ssh!

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
fractual you lucky im so jealous

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice plants OP.. Real nice.. Thanx for posting and happy harvests..

JK420

JK420

Looking good, fractal..How many rows high are you placing plants?

:sign0005:

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
great shots & descriptions... ++
Im jealous too!

G

gudkarma

i'm very interested in your doings... & would like to learn more.

gonna check for your journals right now.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
If you're a hippy and you bitch about how indoor growing is wasteful, well I bet you still run a flat garden. Get with the times people, flat garden = waste of time and space and effort and everything else you can think of. Just a total waste. Vertical is the only way to go.

Your buds are fantastic. Your method is spectacular. Your results are topnotch. However, there are hippies that get 4-5 pounds from a scrog under a horizontally mounted 1000w HPS? That would be 8-10 pounds from two 1000w lights.

That being said I am inclined to believe your vertical set-up has more potential. The way most people do their verts I think a flat scrog is their equal or better. I think I could do 4 scrogs in your set-up though. Each shelf unit could be covered with chicken wire and could be scrogged like I scrog flat. It would have to be filled in 2/3 and tied again during the stretch and fill the side of the shelf facing the light. That could potentially be 4 pounds per side. 16 pound from one 1000w light?? This is crazy!! But now you got me thinking hard about vertical Fractal.

I use those shelf units a lot too. I love them. They can make a good scrog with one shelf under a 250w or you put 4 of them next to each other in a square one leg set high and scrog under a 750w or 1000w. Looks like I am going to be playing around with a new technique.

I was turned off by your opening statements but in the end it has inspired me so I guess it's all good. Now step back while I try to kick your ass at your shelf style. LOL!

Peace!

G

gudkarma

agreed.

i am a believer in scrog as a method that has potential for mad yeilds & takes up a smaller foot print & can be done with a few lights.

planning on moving from sog to scrog to reduce my plant count.

desgining a modular & mobile set up so that i can move 27 gallon units under a light mover on a rotating schedule.

i like the stadium style of growing... it pleases the sog grower in me.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
With enough sog plants on the sides and close together like Heath Robinson you essentially would have a scrog.

true grit

true grit

Yeah the key is gonna be vert scrogs. If I wasn't trying to drop count with UC's, i'd most def be experimenting with vert scrogs.

I ran vert trees in organic soil/coco and loved the results. Fractal is right, vertical buds just dont compare to flat garden buds, i can run the same plant both ways and always get beefier buds from the vert set up. But...on a scale of usable weight, im preferring the flat scrogs for the time being.

What are folks scrogging to get 3-4lbs per 1k? killin it. IM wondering what these diesels can push scrogged heavy flat/vert...ask Hemployed he did a killer vert screen grow.

fractal

fractal

I am glad you all like my show, Tobor I was saying that hippies talk about how indoor growing is wasteful because electricity comes from coal or oil. Yet most of them grow indoors and 99.9% grow with flat gardens. If they would switch to vertical, yields would double or triple and then it isn't so wasteful anymore. A flat garden maxes out at 2.5 pounds a light, with scrog you could possibly hit 3 per light but it will still take up twice as much floor space.

With vertical done right you will be pulling 3 pounds a light from the start, and the possibilities are amazing. You do the math, what is 99 x 25, 30, or even 35 grams per plant ? Numbers don't lie.

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

damn fractal! everythings lookin nice! The hindu funeral looks amazing. And im lovin the ssh on the shelfs, kinda stadium style??

fractal

fractal

I guess you could call it the Squadium for square+stadium. Definitely. Welcome everybody to the Squadium!

To answer the couple of questions I saw, the pots are 6 liters = 1.5 gallons. Big enough to get up to 2 oz per plant without having to water every single day. No holes for drainage which is the key to keeping this a simple operation. Just learn to water properly and not leave plants soaking constantly with standing water. It's necessary to give plain water 3 or 4 times during flower to keep residue to a minimum because of no drainage.

The wall racks and shelf units have 6 tiers each. They cost about the same at the Depot for the equivalent capacity. Fifty dollars for 6 racks, 2 steel beams and 12 shelf supports. Or a hundred dollars for the steel cart rack. The carts are well worth the money they have many uses. The shelves are about 12" from one another, which leaves 1 meter of vertical space for each 1000 watt light to handle, maybe 3.7 feet including the small space between cooltubes. Which is less than the coverage spread on a flat garden because the light is not reflected here meaning less intensity but more uniform spread. It's only 50" wide inside the Squadium so that light is hella close to the plants as seen in the Blockhead pictures. I feed the bitches plenty good but some leaves always look deficient because they are getting bombarded with lumens.

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
very interesting method ,

4 rolling wire 2'x4' racks around 2k filled with 99 plentlets in 1.5g pots ?

good shit man

fractal

fractal

That's the deal, the standard size wire racks are 18" deep and 48" wide. Available at any homegrow depot or costco, or lowes whatever. You can customize this almost any way you want with racks of all different sizes at sites like grainger and shipping supply companies. They make them all the way up to 3' by 6' and that could be an awesome veg growth chamber if you combined it with a grow tent or rigged up some panda film to it.

I planned to have twin side by side vertical setups, but there is about one foot too little space to throw up more 1000 watt lights. If I crunch some more numbers it might be worth it to set up another column of three, 600 watt lights and run the same total number with bigger plants. But I haven't even filled this one yet I just got the first "wave" in like 40 of them.

Here's some fresh dried HF #1. The most similar to Sour D with a strange new smell in there that is real dank and funky for sure. Solid potency, of course way beyond the ECSD clone. Very heady I can feel my skull throbbing with warm vibrations. :bongsmi: And a positive strength that might be pretty anti-anxiety for such strong weed.

HINDU FUNERAL1 2
HINDU FUNERAL1
G

gudkarma

i checked into the threads you respond to... i'll be looking out now that i know how you throw down.

interesting & affordable way to get the job done.

no dirt for me... but already was thinking about how to adapt this to an ebb & flow type set up.

i can see it in my head.

lovely.

read that stadium grow of plantinum kush & casey jones (i think) & with your post above ...i got the picture.

blessed to have that hindu funeral... would really love to run that.

enjoy those buds!

Top Bottom